You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How long can my bankroll last. RELOADED for a TON now lets play some cards.

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,669
    small point made an error thought it was 1 point for 20p its 10p so all my math was off.

that been said the 28p games are best value if your short stacked for bank roll.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,238
    Well, I don't know where that came from, but after crashing out of the £400 B.H with a whimper, I regged for the 21.15 deepstack and a mere 4 hours later was cashing a 2nd place for £30.

The crux hand came with about 20 players left when after spending over 2 hours going from 4500 chips to 9000 or so and back again I shoved 7 7 on the button for over 7500 chips and got 2 callers. A 7 on the flop and a turned full house means I'm suddenly playing a 30,000 stack and have space to breathe and relax.

It was then a case of waiting for good cards and spots rather than trying to make it happen. With 3 left I was a mile ahead with over 200,000 chips and really should have taken it down. However, a misstep with a turned 2 pair saw me not thinking it through and ship half my chips to a flopped set. To be fair @TheBotts played it really well, but having spent over half the game on a table with this player I should have been more mindful.

Quick shoutout to @leeahick26 who, as usual, was good company in the chat and took 4th despite running roughly after a brilliant 30 minutes saw a move from almost out to a nice stack.

So the missus is happy and convinced that she's going to get a good return on her money, ok, ok, you can all stop laughing. We know how it ends but hey, let her dream on.

That's it for now, don't know if or what I'm playing today as I'm supposed to be on holiday and I have training later.

Speak soon.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,778
    .looking forward to reading more stories like above @TheEdge949
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,051

Great stuff Mark, thanks.
  • Options
    I mean you could become profitable with some study but then that may take the fun out of it.

I suppose if they asked everyone to put in a fiver at the local basketball court and it goes to the winner or some sort of price pool I wouldnt be practicing drills and the likes anymore then currently since basketball is a hobby etc. I guess I could say the same for poker or not but I enjoy studying poker sometimes and I would not enjoy some of the drills for basketball especially one which has a name I cant repeat on a poker forum.

If you want some advice on how to be profitable I can give you a number of pointers. I mean I am far from the standard to coach people, but I am consistently profitable.

I think bankroll management is needed though. Like if I played £5 bounties on a £100 bankroll their would be a reasonable chance of me going broke, I mean less likely then likely but I have def had £100 down swings before in these.

My generic advice would be stick to £2 games and maybe the occasional £3 timed tourney. I have been loose with bankroll before and it rarely works because you feel to much pressure. and make folds you shouldn't make or etc.

if you are a losing player this is even more reason for bankroll management as you want to maximize your play for your roll. I understand there is a limit I mean if you go down to £20 playing 50p games and below could just feel pointless and i get that but 20 buyins for bounty hunters is very loose bankroll.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    Doubleme said:

I mean you could become profitable with some study but then that may take the fun out of it.

I suppose if they asked everyone to put in a fiver at the local basketball court and it goes to the winner or some sort of price pool I wouldnt be practicing drills and the likes anymore then currently since basketball is a hobby etc. I guess I could say the same for poker or not but I enjoy studying poker sometimes and I would not enjoy some of the drills for basketball especially one which has a name I cant repeat on a poker forum.

If you want some advice on how to be profitable I can give you a number of pointers. I mean I am far from the standard to coach people, but I am consistently profitable.

I think bankroll management is needed though. Like if I played £5 bounties on a £100 bankroll their would be a reasonable chance of me going broke, I mean less likely then likely but I have def had £100 down swings before in these.

My generic advice would be stick to £2 games and maybe the occasional £3 timed tourney. I have been loose with bankroll before and it rarely works because you feel to much pressure. and make folds you shouldn't make or etc.

if you are a losing player this is even more reason for bankroll management as you want to maximize your play for your roll. I understand there is a limit I mean if you go down to £20 playing 50p games and below could just feel pointless and i get that but 20 buyins for bounty hunters is very loose bankroll.

Nowt wrong with slam dunk
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Doubleme said:

Nowt wrong with slam dunk
    yeah I mean the drill where you touch run up as fast as you can touch the first line run back to start point run as fast as you can to the second line run back then run as fast you can to the third line etc.

I wish I could slam dunk but no I have never done that on a regulation size hoop. I mean I have done that on my nephews little hoop with a mini basketball which is like 5 foot high or something. then My brother had a go at me for breaking his sons basketball hoop but it wasn't broken it just had to be reassembled. I have been told to never do that again so no slam dunking for me.

Their is a local first school I have walked past and noted they have lower then regulation size hoops on their play ground, and maybe I could sneak in at night and try to see if I can slam dunk that but that seems like a bad idea.
  • Options
    Ahhh the old shuttle runs. Hated them when it was rugby pre season training. However they are brilliant for building speed, stamina and fitness.

We used to do ours uphill on a 30 degree grass slope over 10m, 20m, 30m. maybe 4 or 5 times a session. Last man back out of each group had to do the full 80 or so metres to the top.

Fine for wingers and centres, not so good for props and hookers with our unbalanced weight to height ratio.

I detested that freaking hill with a passion.
  • Options
    Well sod this for a game of soldiers. I've never quite had a session where so many awful runouts conspired to leave me cashless, bounty free and beginning to believe that a certain Orangutan may have a point.

Seriously, I can usually find dark humour in the bleakest of times but right now it's all I can do not to withdraw the lot, give the missus her money back and close the account.

Not playing tomorrow as I'm off to the races at Yarmouth, I'll see how I feel come Friday but right now I'm thinking the ton could be better used on Betfairs exchange, where at least I have some control, even with losing trades.

Speak soon, maybe.

Live, love, laugh. Stay safe.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,778

Well sod this for a game of soldiers. I've never quite had a session where so many awful runouts conspired to leave me cashless, bounty free and beginning to believe that a certain Orangutan may have a point.

Seriously, I can usually find dark humour in the bleakest of times but right now it's all I can do not to withdraw the lot, give the missus her money back and close the account.

Not playing tomorrow as I'm off to the races at Yarmouth, I'll see how I feel come Friday but right now I'm thinking the ton could be better used on Betfairs exchange, where at least I have some control, even with losing trades.

Speak soon, maybe.

Live, love, laugh. Stay safe.

everyone has those sessions, keep yer chin up......

if you get up in the morning and still have that feeling, try watching some comedy, laughter is the only cure for tilt, for me it totally helps take it away........

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    This is where the orangutan is disappointed. You are so disillusioned by the types of beats and amounts that you are seeing, that you are saying sod this, i may withdraw.

It appears you are not accepting that it will iron out in the long run, as anyone fully believing would not contemplate giving up at this point.... as it can only be a short term run and maths rules.

Marky Mark, at this precise moment in time, we are closer to having the same thoughts than at any other point. You are thinking this is freakin ridiculous. I think its freakin ridiculous.

You ultimately may feel this is for differing reasons, but you really should cut me some slack, especially as of christian faith, to how i may be feeling when giveaways are simply not happening at such a tremendous rate....

Is this fair? You are immensely frustrated at this time... and this is how im feeling when i post yet another inexplicable opponent call with what can only be described as nothing, only for them to get perfect runners....

You have to remember that as a prolific winning player, i am going to be seeing this a helluver lot more than the average player, as i will be consistently getting my money in good more often than bad... so my frustrations are going to be heightened to what you are even feeling at this moment!

Think of how you are feeling and try and understand that several times a week, every week.... this exact same thing is happening to me. Then we can find even more common ground than just great music :D

You just have a different view to why its maybe happening, but the result and feelings is exactly the same!

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

This is where the orangutan is disappointed. You are so disillusioned by the types of beats and amounts that you are seeing, that you are saying sod this, i may withdraw.

It appears you are not accepting that it will iron out in the long run, as anyone fully believing would not contemplate giving up at this point.... as it can only be a short term run and maths rules.

Marky Mark, at this precise moment in time, we are closer to having the same thoughts than at any other point. You are thinking this is freakin ridiculous. I think its freakin ridiculous.

You ultimately may feel this is for differing reasons, but you really should cut me some slack, especially as of christian faith, to how i may be feeling when giveaways are simply not happening at such a tremendous rate....

Is this fair? You are immensely frustrated at this time... and this is how im feeling when i post yet another inexplicable opponent call with what can only be described as nothing, only for them to get perfect runners....

You have to remember that as a prolific winning player, i am going to be seeing this a helluver lot more than the average player, as i will be consistently getting my money in good more often than bad... so my frustrations are going to be heightened to what you are even feeling at this moment!

Think of how you are feeling and try and understand that several times a week, every week.... this exact same thing is happening to me. Then we can find even more common ground than just great music :D

You just have a different view to why its maybe happening, but the result and feelings is exactly the same!

If it was going to iron out I think it would have done after 14 years.

It's not the calls it's the 1 outers and runner runners that have finally ground me down.

Let me explain this. If you call my A A all in on a A 5 7 rainbow flop with 8 10 and then hit your straight then yes that's a dh call but that isn't what irks me. No it's when I call your all in with Q J on a Q J 6 flop and you then table 3 3 and get there on the turn or river.

• Options
    Well ended up playing a little as the evening at the gee gees didn't happen.

It began as usual with a promising start in both the nightly micro and the £400 BH and a really good one in the 19.15 deepy. However normal service was resumed as I failed to score anything.

In a strop, I regged the mini main where I managed to take £6.86 of bounties before my 2 pr found a player just itching to give his bounty away with an all in J J of course the J fell on the river and I'm left with about 600 chips or half a big blind.

I decide to reg 1 more and it's the 21.15 deepy, where despite announcing to the table that I was tilted to the max, they either didn't believe me or just thought I was trying an angle. Either way I shoved any Ace, any pair, and any board I had a piece of.

The result was a 3rd place for £16 and change and but for @invasion spiking a miracle river J (yep jack again) I would have been heads up with a 4-1 chip lead and I'm not losing the bink from there.

So the upshot of it all is that after 5 days play I'm about a pound over break even with enough points to play the freerolls and a 2.30 ticket to boot.

As for online poker, I hate it, see you very soon.

Live, love, laugh, stay safe, stay sane.
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

If it was going to iron out I think it would have done after 14 years.

It's not the calls it's the 1 outers and runner runners that have finally ground me down.

Let me explain this. If you call my A A all in on a A 5 7 rainbow flop with 8 10 and then hit your straight then yes that's a dh call but that isn't what irks me. No it's when I call your all in with Q J on a Q J 6 flop and you then table 3 3 and get there on the turn or river.

Im a bit confused now! Your ground down and say online poker has been consistently like this for 14yrs and its not ironed out.... are you not agreeing with me???
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    @Tikay10 Time to turn on the Boomswitch for @TheEdge949 me thinks ?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Well here we are after a week and the ton is still intact, actually it's a nugget over £3 in profit thanks to a 3rd place in a£50 timed for £12 and change, would have been slightly more but I called a shorties all in for about 2750 chips with 4 minutes left. I tabled A K suited but his 8 8 held. Fair enough.

Racked up enough points to play the £1Ks and a £2.30 ticket so hopefully there's a couple of quid to be had there.

If I had a complaint over the past couple of days it's that nobody seems to have fun anymore whilst playing. Jibes, barbs, witty ripostes and bants are all part of the game but everyone seems so aggro in the chat.

Was going to play the 23.15 deep and the 01.00 freezeout but I think some gym times called for so it's audible on the phone and 2 hours in the saddle.

Ok I'm off, this bike aint gonna peddle itself.

L.L.L.S.S.

M.

• Options
    The middle aged man in lycra seems to be avoiding the question!
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

The middle aged man in lycra seems to be avoiding the question!

Do I agree with your assertion that the RNG is not truly random and that certain elements are either programmed or manipulated to provide a designated outcome.

Yes and No.

Nothing that is designed to function via a computer can be completely random because it is the result of a written programme. So probably only 99.99999999% random

Nothing I've witnessed in 14 years playing over several sites has convinced me that the RNG is nothing but equal for all players.

Question answered.