You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Marching Orders?

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
edited November 2023 in The Rail

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Police to form Armistice Day 'ring of steel': Met Police chiefs cancel leave, extend overtime and draft in 1,000 more officers from across UK in desperate bid to head off trouble after giving green light to Gaza demos that clash with Remembrance

Police to form Armistice Day 'ring of steel': Met chiefs cancel leave, extend overtime and
    Police chiefs have cancelled leave, extended overtime and drafted in 1,000 more officers from across Britain to reinforce their ranks. And senior public order officers are set to give orders to immediately clamp down on any criminality or violence. It comes after Met Police chief Sir Mark Rowley refused to ban Palestine rallies on Armistice Day - saying he legally had 'no power' to stop it. But he did not rule out action if protestors disrupted the remembrance events - saying the force would 'protect locations and events of national importance at all costs'. More than 70,000 people are expected to flock to London on Saturday to protest against Israel 's bombardment of Gaza - a few hours after a two-minute silence will be held at the Cenotaph for fallen servicemen and women.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12732731/Police-Armistice-Day-ring-steel-Met-protests.html
    Far-right groups and football hooligans 'to descend on London during Palestinian march'

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/far-groups-football-hooligans-descend-185339448.html
    'I need to be more clued up': Students quizzed at pro-Palestine protest reveal how little they know about Israel-Hamas conflict and don't even know terror group launched **** slaughter on October 7 - as others insist killers are 'freedom fighters'
    Activists denied Hamas massacre while others voiced support for terror group

This woman said that Hamas are not terrorists but America and Israel are

This woman said of the October 7 Hamas attacks: 'It's controversial but I think Hamas are freedom fighters.'

This activist said that Hamas launching its barbaric attack was 'a beacon of hope for me'

Another pro-Palestine activist said that the 'continued existence of Israel' was a 'war crime'

Despite holding up a home-made sign condemning the British government, the women admitted they weren't sure the Hamas attacks happened

The woman on the left said she 'not seen anything that shows' Hamas invaded Israel on October 7. The woman on the right said she needs to be 'more clued up' on the conflict

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12731599/I-need-clued-Students-quizzed-pro-Palestine-protest-reveal-little-know-Israel-Hamas-conflict-dont-know-terror-group-launched-****-slaughter-October-7-insist-killers-freedom-fighters.html
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    Wishi-Washi Rishi is in an extremely difficult position in relation to Cruella.

Either she stays-and continues endangering the Country while seeking to do what is best for Suella, ignoring minor details like doing her job properly; or

He gets rid of her, creating a Martyr. Fracturing an already-divided Party. And likely resulting in a much worse Election result, removal of the PM.

2 quick points.

1. If the Tories want to appoint a new leader to the Right of the Party, they would do far better to appoint Badenoch, who manages to juggle her job, her loyalty and her ambition far better; and

2. People don't get to be PM without both cunning and devious advisers. If I were in Sunak's position, I would be offering her a reduced (but still Cabinet) position. Somewhere where her strident speech will cause her to be shown up for what she is. Like Minister for Transport. Because then she isn't a Martyr-she's either loyal or flouncing off.
    Essexphil said:

Either she stays-and continues endangering the Country while seeking to do what is best for Suella, ignoring minor details like doing her job properly; or

He gets rid of her, creating a Martyr. Fracturing an already-divided Party. And likely resulting in a much worse Election result, removal of the PM.

2 quick points.

1. If the Tories want to appoint a new leader to the Right of the Party, they would do far better to appoint Badenoch, who manages to juggle her job, her loyalty and her ambition far better; and

2. People don't get to be PM without both cunning and devious advisers. If I were in Sunak's position, I would be offering her a reduced (but still Cabinet) position. Somewhere where her strident speech will cause her to be shown up for what she is. Like Minister for Transport. Because then she isn't a Martyr-she's either loyal or flouncing off.

I think that if he does intend firing her, then he should leave it until next week.
    If he fired her now, and the marches turned into a shambles, he would look very silly, and she would be saying I told you so.
    Whatever he intends to do with her is likely to happen, after the marches take place.
    I think that he has to fire her, and offering her another Cabinet position will surely result in more accusations that he is weak.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    Give her a post in the Foreign Office, say Cultural Attache in Rawanda.

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

2 quick points.

I think that if he does intend firing her, then he should leave it until next week.
    If he fired her now, and the marches turned into a shambles, he would look very silly, and she would be saying I told you so.
    Whatever he intends to do with her is likely to happen, after the marches take place.
    I think that he has to fire her, and offering her another Cabinet position will surely result in more accusations that he is weak.
    There have been suggestions that he wont do anything with her until the Rwanda verdict comes in.
    Suella Braverman meets Met chief amid Tory row over protest article

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/suella-braverman-meets-met-chief-180200454.html
    Counterprotest groups plan to confront pro-Palestine marchers, say Met police

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/counterprotest-groups-plan-confront-pro-192751012.html
    edited November 2023
    That Telegraph Headline is a disgrace.

The pro-Palestinian march was respectful. Liaised with the police (as they had done for the previous 3 marches) precisely in order to be respectful. For example, agreed to go nowhere near the Cenotaph. Agreed to start the March well after 11:00 to show respect. There were many Orthodox Jews on that March. And, lest we forget, Palestine fought on our side in the 2nd World War. I'm sure there were a few extremists among the hundreds of thousands marching. But they were clearly policed well-both by the Marchers, and by the Police.

Compare/contrast with the EDL and similar groups. Attacking the Police. Trying to attack the Marchers. A tiny amount of people compared to the Marchers. But nearly all of the arrested.

Our Heroes were only disrespected by 1 of those groups. And to pretend there is a "silent majority" who agree with Cruella and her acolytes is ridiculous. Just the modern Oswald Mosley and his pathetic mates.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

Agree with that @Essexphil

The Mail is just as bad, note they use the term "Pro Palestine Hate Mob" while conveniently ignoring the right-wing racist loonies.

Suella has come out of this as bad as could be possible with her clear inference a few days ago that the far right crew were being discriminated against & the "pro Palestine mobs" needed to be banned. That sure worked out well.
    Too many people are trying to make the facts fit their own bias.
    HAYSIE said:

Exactly this.

Imagine the reaction if the pro-Palestinian march included hundreds of people who used balaclavas to hide their face, paramilitary style. Various people who openly support proscribed terrorist factions, like National Action.

Still amuses me that their "hero" is Tommy Robinson. A man previously imprisoned for Immigration offences.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Exactly this.

Imagine the reaction if the pro-Palestinian march included hundreds of people who used balaclavas to hide their face, paramilitary style. Various people who openly support proscribed terrorist factions, like National Action.

Still amuses me that their "hero" is Tommy Robinson. A man previously imprisoned for Immigration offences.
    The hero just jumped in a cab, and disappeared, as soon as he had stirred it up.
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Exactly this.

She will probably get her marching orders today?
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Exactly this.

She will probably get her marching orders today?
    Gone.