You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Trying to become a profitable player. SPIKE4000. DAY 2

Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
edited November 2023 in Poker Chat
I'll be the first to admit my sharky graph is poor. very very poor. In the last 1471 games since i started trying and studying i have clawed back a total of £207. This doesn't seem like much but its defnitely a start!

I play stakes from about £2.20-£11. I also play the cheaper all in sats. I play alot of sats on here. I do sometimes play higher but for the last few months I have rarely played above the £22 mark unless i satty in! I am simply not good enough to be profitable at that level at the moment. I sometimes play about 10-15 games a session but some days only a couple of games.

I am not trying to make poker a full on full time thing but I wouldn't mind being able to class myself as a winning player and have an edge, would sure make it more enjoyable

If you are bothered about this thread let me know and i might start doing daily updates on how sessions have gone? many thanks guys!!

Comments

• Options

The awful graph as of today if anyone is wondering... its virtually a flat line but is SLIGHTLY upwards at the moment...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited November 2023
    first thing first , don't beat yourself up over a beat . it's easier being in the right frame of mind so let beats go over your head smile and move on
    Oh and good luck
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Good luck with this. With a new year coming up it provides a nice reset for you. If you filter year to date it will filter out any higher buy in games played before which will be a nicer way to view it. Also the profit excluding rake button is quite nice as it can show that you do have an edge in the field, just not a big enough one to cover the cut you pay sky. I imagine if you clicked it that flat line you have in the last few thousand games would be slowly trending upwards.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

first thing first , don't beat yourself up over a beat . it's easier being in the right frame of mind so let beats go over your head smile and move on
    Oh and good luck

Yep will do!
  • Options

Good luck with this. With a new year coming up it provides a nice reset for you. If you filter year to date it will filter out any higher buy in games played before which will be a nicer way to view it. Also the profit excluding rake button is quite nice as it can show that you do have an edge in the field, just not a big enough one to cover the cut you pay sky. I imagine if you clicked it that flat line you have in the last few thousand games would be slowly trending upwards.

Thankyou, :)
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    As a serial loser at poker i share your struggle and will follow with interest!

I'm a very small stakes player but it's great fun and I'd only ever treat it as such.

GOOD LUCK SPIKE!
  • Options
    thefall said:

As a serial loser at poker i share your struggle and will follow with interest!

I'm a very small stakes player but it's great fun and I'd only ever treat it as such.

GOOD LUCK SPIKE!

I am fairly sure we've played together at £0.10/£0.20 spin up? pretty sure of it. you're a good player and nice in chat :smiley:

thanks for the response :)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Congrats on flattening out the graph!

Possibly unpopular opinion but I'd ditch the 11s and 7 at 7 until you've got a few wins and a bit of momentum behind you. The very good players can go on rough stretches in those games.

Good luck!
  • Options

Congrats on flattening out the graph!

Possibly unpopular opinion but I'd ditch the 11s and 7 at 7 until you've got a few wins and a bit of momentum behind you. The very good players can go on rough stretches in those games.

Good luck!

I dont play many games above £5.50, TBH my main outgoings above that is the mini major and the 9 at 9.
  • Options
    For the sake of this thread today will be = £0.00
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

This is excellent, going well already.
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

For the sake of this thread today will be = £0.00

You can reset your Sharky as of today, start with a clean sheet. You can always reverse the change at any point in the future & reinstate the "lifetime" data.
  • Options
    how do i do that tikay? @Tikay10
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

how do i do that tikay? @Tikay10

Go to "FAQ in Sharkscope & you'll see this:

Yes, subscribers can reset their statistics by selecting the Reset Statistics item in the Options menu.

I don't know how it works, but I'm sure plenty here do.
  • Options

Ahh, here you go;

Reset Statistics

Opt OutReset StatisticsOpt In

To reset the statistics for your username, fill out all the information below and hit the submit button.
    Once reset, all users (including yourself) will not be able to view any results that occurred before the chosen reset date. Your player name will however have an icon next to it showing that a reset is in place. Resets do not affect leaderboards.

Reset Player Name:
    Network:
    SkyPoker
    Reset to Date & Time:
    Adding a Reset will also automatically add that player to the Manage Personal Player Names section and Resets can be removed or changed there.
  • Options

So start with "FAQ" & work from there.
  • Options
    not a subscriber to sharkscope so will have to stay with the sad graph :D:D:D@Tikay10
  • Options
    @Spike4000

OK, understood. But it's very cheap, & it is most definitely a great self-motivating tool.
  • Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 115
    Sky poker has a useful section in My Account > Gaming History > Sky Poker. You can see in particular a summary of your Stakes, Returns and Profit/Loss for each of the past year's months.
  • Options
    GREGSTERGREGSTER Member Posts: 383
    Hey spike. Firstly well done on flattening the graph, and that isn't being sarcastic, it is a really good start.

One thing that I would recommend that doesn't take too much time is looking at shove/fold ranges for anything up to around 15BBs, you can use free apps like snapshove and pokercoaching.com that have this information, so when you are short stacked, which will be fairly regular, you can either look things up on your phone or have them on another screen if you have two screens. (They don't take into account bounties, but you won't go far wrong).