You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Boris getting his excuses in early....

2»

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    The Department for Health & Social Care (DHSC) lost 75% of the £12 billion it spent on personal protective equipment (PPE) in the first year of the pandemic to inflated prices and kit that did not meet requirements – including fully £4 billion of PPE that will not be used in the NHS and needs to be disposed of.
    An initial estimate by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for the BBB in March 2021 forecast that, out of the £47 billion paid out in bounce back loans, as much as £17 billion would not be recouped, including £4.9 billion lost to fraud and error. However, these figures are highly uncertain, with anticipated fraud and error recently revised down by PwC to approximately £3.5 billion.
    A Conservative party donor who supported Michael Gove’s Tory leadership bid won £164m in Covid contracts after the minister referred his firm to a “VIP lane” that awarded almost £5bn to companies with political connections, new analysis reveals.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    "People need to stop the blame game".

Haha
    This made me chuckle.
    A couple of years ago you were all blaming people who chose not to take the vaccine and calling them "Granny killers"
  • legascaaclegascaac Member Posts: 161
    Tony

No way labour would off been the same .. just sad for everyone who lost someone . we were getting better warnings up here .. Our government took the advise . when BORIS was still making fun off it shaking hands until he caught it . A think we were better informed . our gov wanted borders closed BOJO wouldn't let us .
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    legascaac said:

Tony

No way labour would off been the same .. just sad for everyone who lost someone . we were getting better warnings up here .. Our government took the advise . when BORIS was still making fun off it shaking hands until he caught it . A think we were better informed . our gov wanted borders closed BOJO wouldn't let us .

@legascaac

Labour would not have been the same, I agree, but it's very probable they'd have made mistakes too. It was all so fast & complex. Hopefully they'd have been more honest about it all too.

I assume you are in Scotland, & yes, I think they handled it much better & faster from what I could see.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R94AmPTHlN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMCS_ARBkE
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    People say they cannot remember/recall for a simple reason.

If they say something did not happen, and a recording etc later resurfaces showing what really happened, they get caught telling lies.

Compare/contrast with Starmer when he was being investigated by the Police. Stood his ground, gave simple factual denials, and happily said if it turned out not to be true, he would resign.

There's plenty of Tories who are similarly honest. But most of them haven't got anywhere near the Cabinet under Johnson, Truss or Sunak.
  • PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    sportsman bet that the only thing that comes out of the convid enquiry is that , the government are useless and incapable of handling the next one , so w,h,o should take over control . simples
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Penny Mordaunt says Boris Johnson’s messages vanished from her phone

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/penny-mordaunt-says-boris-johnson-080320793.html