You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Nicola Sturgeon 'no longer trusted' by Scots: bombshell new poll

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
edited January 28 in The Rail

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Hmmm.

In shock news, the Conservative Party appear not to agree with the SNP. And the Labour Party don't either.

It's almost as though the Tories and Labour want to take seats from the SNP at the next election.

Who'd have thunk? ;)
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    ''The fall from grace for the SNP and Sturgeon personally in 2023 has been one of the most spectacular in British political history but, in truth, the seeds of that demise had been planted long before.''

hyperbole much?
    SNP and Sturgeon have made loads of mistakes but they haven't even come close to those of the party in power.........
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Saint Nicola is set for her greatest humiliation yet

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/saint-nicola-set-her-greatest-140124204.html
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,738
    nicki was fantastic during covid, it dont matter what the papers say, she was head and shoulders better than boris, i know folk who did not like her until covid kicked in, its pretty sad how it ended for her imo, she was a decent leader, much better than everyone who has been in power during my life ;)

haha, i bet that post will ruffle a few feathers

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,026
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

nicki was fantastic during covid, it dont matter what the papers say, she was head and shoulders better than boris, i know folk who did not like her until covid kicked in, its pretty sad how it ended for her imo, she was a decent leader, much better than everyone who has been in power during my life ;)

haha, i bet that post will ruffle a few feathers

@green_beer

It may well, but we should never be scared to swim against the tide. "Group-think" is almost always a bad thing.

I'm not talking about Ms Sturgeon as such, I'm talking generally.

• Options
    Wise words @Tikay10
  • Options

Wise words @Tikay10

If Scotland really is different from England, maybe “transparency” means something different here too.

We must now await the eventual conclusions of the inquiry (assuming any of us live that long). All we know today is that despite the much-trumpeted differences in approach to the pandemic by the caring, sympathetic, head-tilting first minister to that taken by our partying, uncaring prime minister, Covid fatalities were pretty much the same in Scotland as anywhere else. So, why did Scots have to suffer longer and harsher lockdowns? Why were Scottish school pupils kept out of their schools for longer? What good did it do for Scotland’s hospitality industry to suffer more losses and business than their English counterparts?

If the answer is no more substantive than “Because Scotland is different”, then devolution has indeed failed.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/saint-nicola-set-her-greatest-140124204.html
  • Options
    Imo the reason the numbers where similar was because people are people and the same sorta % of them done the same thing, the whole I do what I want no one will tell me what to do attitude is everywhere….be honest the fake outrage at downing street parties splattered all over the press was done by people who where more than likely breaking the rules themselves…..only a tiny minority of folk followed the guidelines to the letter….. just look at how many people believe covid was fake………

The lock downs shoulda been stricter and started way sooner than they did, as well as for much longer……all imo…..so as far as sturgeon performed better than boris in those regards, she shoulda acted quicker and with more conviction, yet at the start she took a bit of a back seat before realising boris was an actual tube…..
  • Options
    edited January 17

Imo the reason the numbers where similar was because people are people and the same sorta % of them done the same thing, the whole I do what I want no one will tell me what to do attitude is everywhere….be honest the fake outrage at downing street parties splattered all over the press was done by people who where more than likely breaking the rules themselves…..only a tiny minority of folk followed the guidelines to the letter….. just look at how many people believe covid was fake………

The lock downs shoulda been stricter and started way sooner than they did, as well as for much longer……all imo…..so as far as sturgeon performed better than boris in those regards, she shoulda acted quicker and with more conviction, yet at the start she took a bit of a back seat before realising boris was an actual tube…..

I think that the point they are making, is that even though she appeared to be much better than Boris, Scotland got pretty much the same results in numbers of deaths.
    This was despite longer, and harsher lockdowns, and kids being kept out of schools for longer.
    In addition to the hospitality industry suffering more than in England.
    Like Boris, she seems to have lost her messages.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    She talks a good geme, much like Salmond did, the skeletons are due to be coming oot the cupboard .
  • Options
    edited January 17
    HAYSIE said:

I think that the point they are making, is that even though she appeared to be much better than Boris, Scotland got pretty much the same results in numbers of deaths.
    This was despite longer, and harsher lockdowns, and kids being kept out of schools for longer.
    In addition to the hospitality industry suffering more than in England.
    Like Boris, she seems to have lost her messages.
    I have no problem with the way scotland ran its covid restrictions, i really believe we shoulda been stricter and harsher, i think it woulda saved a lot of lives, esp if the lock downs were started earlier......to be fair to the snp at the start of it all their hands were tied, they couldnt take complete control of scotland because certain things like airports are governed by westminster........and the whole furlough thing ect....

she cooulda performed better, she coulda performed worse, how she handled the whole situation will never be a stick to beat her with imo.