You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Nicola Sturgeon 'no longer trusted' by Scots: bombshell new poll

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055

HAYSIE said:

Imo the reason the numbers where similar was because people are people and the same sorta % of them done the same thing, the whole I do what I want no one will tell me what to do attitude is everywhere….be honest the fake outrage at downing street parties splattered all over the press was done by people who where more than likely breaking the rules themselves…..only a tiny minority of folk followed the guidelines to the letter….. just look at how many people believe covid was fake………

The lock downs shoulda been stricter and started way sooner than they did, as well as for much longer……all imo…..so as far as sturgeon performed better than boris in those regards, she shoulda acted quicker and with more conviction, yet at the start she took a bit of a back seat before realising boris was an actual tube…..

I think that the point they are making, is that even though she appeared to be much better than Boris, Scotland got pretty much the same results in numbers of deaths.
    This was despite longer, and harsher lockdowns, and kids being kept out of schools for longer.
    In addition to the hospitality industry suffering more than in England.
    Like Boris, she seems to have lost her messages.
    I have no problem with the way scotland ran its covid restrictions, i really believe we shoulda been stricter and harsher, i think it woulda saved a lot of lives, esp if the lock downs were started earlier......to be fair to the snp at the start of it all their hands were tied, they couldnt take complete control of scotland because certain things like airports are governed by westminster........and the whole furlough thing ect....

she cooulda performed better, she coulda performed worse, how she handled the whole situation will never be a stick to beat her with imo.
    We will see what comes out of the Covid inquiry, and I suppose more importantly the police investigation.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Imo the reason the numbers where similar was because people are people and the same sorta % of them done the same thing, the whole I do what I want no one will tell me what to do attitude is everywhere….be honest the fake outrage at downing street parties splattered all over the press was done by people who where more than likely breaking the rules themselves…..only a tiny minority of folk followed the guidelines to the letter….. just look at how many people believe covid was fake………

The lock downs shoulda been stricter and started way sooner than they did, as well as for much longer……all imo…..so as far as sturgeon performed better than boris in those regards, she shoulda acted quicker and with more conviction, yet at the start she took a bit of a back seat before realising boris was an actual tube…..

I think that the point they are making, is that even though she appeared to be much better than Boris, Scotland got pretty much the same results in numbers of deaths.
    This was despite longer, and harsher lockdowns, and kids being kept out of schools for longer.
    In addition to the hospitality industry suffering more than in England.
    Like Boris, she seems to have lost her messages.
    I have no problem with the way scotland ran its covid restrictions, i really believe we shoulda been stricter and harsher, i think it woulda saved a lot of lives, esp if the lock downs were started earlier......to be fair to the snp at the start of it all their hands were tied, they couldnt take complete control of scotland because certain things like airports are governed by westminster........and the whole furlough thing ect....

she cooulda performed better, she coulda performed worse, how she handled the whole situation will never be a stick to beat her with imo.
    Nicola Sturgeon deleted all pandemic WhatsApp messages, Covid Inquiry told

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nicola-sturgeon-deleted-pandemic-whatsapp-112120991.html
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,738
    edited January 19
    well she is not a saint, just a human......imagine if she hadnt, wonder how many times she called boris a nob........ you could also look at it as she is protecting her friends from being dragged into the gutter.....but the "goodie goodies" will only see negatives..............
  • Options

well she is not a saint, just a human......imagine if she hadnt, wonder how many times she called boris a nob........ you could also look at it as she is protecting her friends from being dragged into the gutter.....but the "goodie goodies" will only see negatives..............

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,738
    edited January 21
    i have nout new to add, sorry to dissappoint, haha, well i suppose i could add;

that imo having a space to communicate your ideas freely with people who you trust is a very healthy thing for humans to have........everyone should have the right to private communication so they can brainstorm and receive feedback on sh itty ideas......

imagine if everything people said in private was vetted by the pc brigade, it would be so fake and no one would be able to organise thoughts, make plans or realise their thinking is bad............

that sure doesnt make doing wrong things right, but deleting messages where awkward or sensitive information has been discussed is a sensible thing to do............afterall everyone has believed or said things they wish they hadnt.....

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

That's a very good post @green_beer especially the last sentence.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,495
    Wish I hadn't lent you my car........

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Messages written by Nicola Sturgeon reveal that she saw former PM Boris Johnson as utterly incompetent and an "[expletive] clown"

The former FM's view came in an exchange she had with her then chief of staff Liz Lloyd who gave evidence to the UK Covid Inquiry sitting in Edinburgh

Anything wrong with the TRUTH coming out?
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    They are all a bit scummy, some more than others, Sturgeon was the first minister, she needed to be transparent, its not about every day folks deleting stuff from their mates, it was government business, she should have been whiter than white, it all looks a bit dodgy, why didn't she keep them ?, she's gettin found oot for what she is, a fly ****.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    edited January 28
    Got to marvel at how the Tory Press has such blatant double standards.

It appears entirely possible that people like Nicola Sturgeon adopted the exact same tactics as Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak during Covid times.

Yet the Mail/Express see nothing wrong in saying Sturgeon is untrustworthy, and Sunak is the man that people should trust.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,321

I was quite amused it was described as "bombshell new poll".....
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Tikay10 said:

I was quite amused it was described as "bombshell new poll".....

It was 1 of 3. The others were-

"That Boris. He's a bit shifty" and
    "That Jeremy Corbyn. Might be a bit of a Lefty".
  • Options
  • Options