You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

More skullduggery on online poker ?.

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I dont play for £1 with a real deck. There really is no need to.

My edge is i play the cards correctly live, instead of fannying around just avoiding obv set ups.

You just adjust to the new odds depending on whether its live or online.

I had a really satisfying game against Wizzeky or whatever his name is, where he gave me loads about my comments on the forum... then the game was the biggest playstation hands ever and i even told him not to worry as it was his game when i had 2400.... and the manner in which he would win... to an absolute tee!!!!

It was one that he won but had to leave the comments at the end out of embarrasment that i was entirely correct on what was going to happen..... He knew and i knew, it was a victory for me in the sheer physchic ability when it comes to online poker!
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,681
    TheWaddy said:

You are not all trying to deflect the Carrell findings are you by any chance? :D:D:D

Not one mention of the topic, just more futile digs!

Carrell is suggesting this could be the end for online poker. The Sky forum concentrate on the schoolground bullying :D:D:D

I have not heard or seen anything about this carrell thing care to enlighten me? I personally think poker full stop has a limited shelve life.

Online poker will be killed by bots eventually, its only a matter of time. Life poker will face the same fate unless they are literally going to ban phones and pat people down cheats will come for life poker too. Now I would consent to been pat down and no phone allowed at the table, I assume many profitable regs if not most would if necessary. However do you think the casual weak player will?

If I can get a break and get a decent paying job I would not seek to do poker as a living if I cannot then I guess nothing to lose, there will always be min wage work.

I think most people dont take a heavy interest because they fit into one of a few different camps

1. a casual/recreational losing player they always lose money and just do it for fun so they wont get to hung up on this
    2. a casual player who is break even/profitable and does this for a side hustle or just a bit of fun with some extra in their pocket
    3. a student who is doing well at the moment and hopes to do this in the future rather then getting a 9-5
    4. a serious pro who has been for several years

categories 1 and 2 wont give much thought to this. category 4 would rather not think about this because they are in too deep now. If you have made your living playing poker for the past 5 years+ then when if you start applying for work and people ask what experience have you got or what have you been doing for the past five years not many employers are going to take you seriously when you say you made a living playing poker previously.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,255
    TheWaddy said:

My edge is i play the cards correctly live, instead of fannying around just avoiding obv set ups.

I had a really satisfying game against Wizzeky or whatever his name is, where he gave me loads about my comments on the forum... then the game was the biggest playstation hands ever and i even told him not to worry as it was his game when i had 2400.... and the manner in which he would win... to an absolute tee!!!!

It was one that he won but had to leave the comments at the end out of embarrasment that i was entirely correct on what was going to happen..... He knew and i knew, it was a victory for me in the sheer physchic ability when it comes to online poker!

So a game in which you predicted that you would lose and did was ultimately satisfying.

You should get an Arsenal season ticket, they need fans like you right now.

Beef stock

Chicken Stock

Laughing Stock

Give it up fella.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    The Evidence of "OnLine Poker Cheating" is in the jar......

• Options
    edited January 11
    Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

You are not all trying to deflect the Carrell findings are you by any chance? :D:D:D

Carrell is suggesting this could be the end for online poker. The Sky forum concentrate on the schoolground bullying :D:D:D

I have not heard or seen anything about this carrell thing care to enlighten me? I personally think poker full stop has a limited shelve life.

Online poker will be killed by bots eventually, its only a matter of time. Life poker will face the same fate unless they are literally going to ban phones and pat people down cheats will come for life poker too. Now I would consent to been pat down and no phone allowed at the table, I assume many profitable regs if not most would if necessary. However do you think the casual weak player will?

If I can get a break and get a decent paying job I would not seek to do poker as a living if I cannot then I guess nothing to lose, there will always be min wage work.

I think most people dont take a heavy interest because they fit into one of a few different camps

1. a casual/recreational losing player they always lose money and just do it for fun so they wont get to hung up on this
    2. a casual player who is break even/profitable and does this for a side hustle or just a bit of fun with some extra in their pocket
    3. a student who is doing well at the moment and hopes to do this in the future rather then getting a 9-5

categories 1 and 2 wont give much thought to this. category 4 would rather not think about this because they are in too deep now. If you have made your living playing poker for the past 5 years+ then when if you start applying for work and people ask what experience have you got or what have you been doing for the past five years not many employers are going to take you seriously when you say you made a living playing poker previously.

I will enlighten you by saying just scroll to page 2 and click on his massive face.....
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    TheWaddy said:

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

I will enlighten you by saying just scroll to page 2 and click on his massive face.....
    This made me chuckle, thanks @TheWaddy
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

So a game in which you predicted that you would lose and did was ultimately satisfying.

You should get an Arsenal season ticket, they need fans like you right now.

Beef stock

Chicken Stock

Laughing Stock

Give it up fella.
    I did enjoy the fact he was telling me i was wrong, then every hand was major enhancement and i was able to say 'dont worry you win in the end here' when he got upset at losing a pot for 2400... and in which manner.... and all it cost me to prove my physchic online ability was just £1....

As for 'giving it up fella'.... what, at a time where pro's are now for the first time actually coming out and talking about the fact online poker is not what it seems... hmmm that would be a silly time to give it up!

And its Carrell, who stated on Game of Gold 'if i was playing online, id fold this hand... but... im strong'..... i posted it and all the tea club said he wouldnt say anything negative about online poker and it he actually didnt mean this and didnt mean that!

OOoo if i were a sub-postmaster, this would be the best week of my life, a double long running saga being unravalled!
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Join my Poker Site and never have to put your hand in the jar.....