You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Temu.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,532
edited January 24 in The Rail
My wife threatened me with a trip to Dunelm, to find some bathroom mats.
I thought I would have to find some online to avoid this.
I had ordered some from Amazon a couple of months ago, but they disintegrated after a couple of washes.
I was surprised at this, as I have never had any problems with any of my previous orders.
I couldnt be ar5ed to send them back.

So I looked in the usual places, and couldnt find any that were suitable.
I ended up on the Temu UK site.
I had not been on there before.
Found suitable mats, and ordered 2 sets.

The order came to £23.
They were quoting 2 weeks for delivery, which surprised me, but it was free, and got me out of a trip to Dunelm, so I didnt really care.
They promised a fiver credit, if they delivered them late.

Over the coming days I got the following updates which explained why.

Your local courier will deliver your parcel between 09:30 and 11:30 today
January 19, 2024, 9:49 am
The customer has requested that this parcel be diverted to their garage
January 19, 2024, 9:14 am
Your parcel is on its way to you today
January 19, 2024, 8:56 am
Manifested for Delivery
January 19, 2024, 7:52 am
Your parcel is at the delivery depot and we'll let you know when it's out for delivery
January 19, 2024, 7:19 am
We're processing your parcel at our hub
January 18, 2024, 12:30 am
We're processing your parcel at our hub
January 18, 2024, 12:29 am
Hub infeed scan
January 18, 2024, 12:27 am
Package arrived at airport
January 17, 2024, 10:59 am
Customs clearance completed
January 17, 2024, 9:39 am
Flight departure
January 16, 2024, 10:07 pm
Package arrived at airport, awaiting flight
January 16, 2024, 7:50 am
Order Shipped
January 13, 2024, 8:11 am
Awaiting Shipment
January 13, 2024, 7:14 am
Order is being packed
January 12, 2024, 10:48 pm
Order Paid Successfully
January 12, 2024, 11:13 am
Order Submitted
January 12, 2024, 11:13 am

So they actually arrived in one week.

Whilst on the site I noticed the below.
I checked them out in Morrisons, and they cost £48 (£24 for 8).

16pcs Razor Blades Compatible With Men's 5 Layer Facial Care Shaver Cassettes Shaving Blades

94K+ sold

£7.98

Comments

• Options
    The mats are fine, but havent been washed yet.
    So we will see in a minute.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    I see a lot of Temu adverts on all my social medias, as the prices are usually ridiculously cheap i find myself suspecting its a scam site.

• Options
    mumsie said:

I see a lot of Temu adverts on all my social medias, as the prices are usually ridiculously cheap i find myself suspecting its a scam site.

The mats were fine.
    They were exactly the same as the photo.
    I looked at a couple of reviews, and they seemed ok.
    As you have to pay with a card, there is some protection.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

I remember Amazon starting up.
    They only sold books.
    I think they lost over $600 million in their first year.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Temu is a Chinese-owned site. It's primary business model is to ship directly from China, cutting out the middle man.

It gets a lot of complaints. But then, due to its business model, it would-whether it was kosher or not.

The cynic in me says this is China trying to remove Western influence (and Western middlemen) as part of its global policy.

Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. It has only been trading for about 18 months. Growing massively.

In some senses, it is following the Amazon tax-avoidance model. With the added fun of allegations of the "996 working hour system"-possibly the worst modern-day equivalent to slavery. But people will vote on price first. They always have.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Temu is a Chinese-owned site. It's primary business model is to ship directly from China, cutting out the middle man.

It gets a lot of complaints. But then, due to its business model, it would-whether it was kosher or not.

The cynic in me says this is China trying to remove Western influence (and Western middlemen) as part of its global policy.

Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. It has only been trading for about 18 months. Growing massively.

In some senses, it is following the Amazon tax-avoidance model. With the added fun of allegations of the "996 working hour system"-possibly the worst modern-day equivalent to slavery. But people will vote on price first. They always have.

I bought the mats because I couldnt find them elsewhere, and didnt want to buy another lot off Amazon.
    I wasnt sure where they shipped them from, but there was a Boston address on the emails.
    There was a West Bromwich address for returns.
  • Options

Hair Clippers For Men, Cordless Electric Hair Trimmer Rechargeable Beard Trimmer Shaver, Electric T Blade Trimmer Zero Gapped Edgers Hair Cutting Kit With Guide Combs

£2.67
  • Options

5pairs/set Men's Sweat Absorbent Crew Socks, Breathable Sports Socks For All Seasons
    8.4K+ sold

£1.55
  • Options

Spade A Print, Men's Graphic Design Crew Neck Active T-shirt, Casual Comfy Tees For Summer, Men's Clothing Tops For Daily Gym Workout Running

£4.26
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    haha, this thread is reminding me of when i first discoved amazon......splashing the cash on utter rubbish.....
  • Options
    edited January 21

https://goods-vod.kwcdn.com/goods-

video/0d1f317ac50722921a1c0fb0312678d6e167833b.f30.mp4

12 Inch 3D Mobile Phone Magnifier Mobile Phone Screen Amplifier Pull-out Creative Stretch 3d Mobile Phone Magnifier Stand Amplifier

(80K+ sold)

£9.48
  • Options

Men's Casual Snow Boots, Anti-skid Windproof High-top Lace-up Boots With Fuzzy Lining For Outdoor Walking Running Hiking, Autumn And Winter
    3.6K+ sold

£5.31
  • Options

Muscle 3D Creative Print, Men's Fashion Crew Neck Summer T-shirt, Special Gift For Men
    2.5K+ sold

£3.49
  • Options

Stylish Dog With Wrench 3D Digital Pattern Print Men's Graphic T-shirt, Causal Comfy Tees, Short Sleeve Pullover Tops, Men's Summer Outdoor Clothing

£6.29
  • Options

Creative Beer Pattern T-shirt, Men's Casual Street Style Stretch Round Neck Tee Shirt For Summer party

£5.03
  • Options

PLUS SIZE "I HATE BEING SEXY" letters print Casual Crew Neck Short Sleeves for men, Quick-drying Comfy Casual Summer T-Shirt For Daily Wear Work Out And Vacation Resorts

£7.19
  • Options

Creative Geometric 3D Print T-shirt, Men's Casual Street Style Stretch Round Neck Tee Shirt For Summer
    635 sold
    Provided by
    NEELLY
    (45K+ sold)
    £3.86
  • Options

Optical Illusion, Men's Novelty T-shirt, Trendy Short Sleeve Tees For Summer

£4.85
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,603
    Unbelievable prices which include shipping from China.
  • Options

Visual Illusion 3D Digital Pattern Print Graphic T-shirts, Causal Tees, Short Sleeves Comfortable Pullover Tops, Men's Summer Clothing

£7.37