You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New PLO8 & PLO MTT Tournaments added to the schedule, starting tonight, Thursday 25th January

Comments

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    edited January 25
    Just to clarify...it isn't a £10 rebuy, there is the option to re-enter once though. Also there is a fairly popular £5 one with half the guarantee already In fact it's happening right now).
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,594
    edited January 25
    With 20 players now registered, we welcome back a player who has played just TWO MTT's here lifetime.

The first was in 2016, & the 2nd was in November 2020, in a UKOPS PLO.

So a big welcome back & good luck to....

@bolokybil

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    Tikay10 said:

With 20 players now registered, we welcome back a player who has played just TWO MTT's here lifetime.

The first was in 2016, & the 2nd was in November 2020, in a UKOPS PLO.

So a big welcome back & good luck to....

@bolokybil

He's usually got the nuts...
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Looks like I may have to introduce challenge 10 into the mix.
    Guess I have to support at least the first game.

Especially as the only football on tv is in Welsh.
  • Options

I wrote earlier that a single rebuy is available if you bust within the first 5 levels.

In fact it appears to be the first SIX levels.

"1 Rebuy Available if you bust during the first 6 levels."
  • Options

As at the 1st break (20.55) the guarantee is covered, 40 entries & 2 Rebuys = £420.

Registration remains open & the single rebuy available for around another 20 minutes.
  • Options
    JessieakJessieak Member Posts: 9
    Can`t play as much as I would like atm but enjoyed a "proper" game. Would be good as a £20 freezeout or 10 rebuy but I doubt it would attract enough support on Sky. Would be nice if we could get a PLO8 cash game going too if players are interested, rather than just PLO. I don`t think I can play on Saturday but hope it does well. I know games run on other sites but for the time being I can only a few hours if at all, so smaller fields suit me
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    Tikay10 said:

As at the 1st break (20.55) the guarantee is covered, 40 entries & 2 Rebuys = £420.

Registration remains open & the single rebuy available for around another 20 minutes.

will you be playing next week
  • Options
    aylabaylaaylabayla Member Posts: 23
    thursday nights a **** night. change it to wednesday...just for me and skibo
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    You waited until the thread about what night to have it on had been going a week and the event was running to mention it?
  • Options
    edited January 26
    @NChanning

"@NChanning plans to play tonight's new PLO8 MTT at 8.18pm.

The player who busts him will win free entry to Saturday's PLO version."

Well I think it was very thoughtful of you, & supportive of Sky Poker, to save them £11.

However, & I'm sure you agree, we really ought to award the prize somehow.

So I'm delegating the decision of "who & why" to you. No need to thank me.

Maybe we could do it again in Saturday's PLO, & double the prize to make it free entry into next week's renewals of both the PLO8 & PLO?
  • Options

@NChanning

FIO, 22 players played both the "big" PLO8 events last night, with the regular one getting 66 runners & the new one 44 runners.

From those 22 players, ONE player made the FT of both - @HENDRIK62 who finished 2nd in BOTH events, which I'd say is pretty cool.
  • Options

I was watching the table chat in a few PLO8 tables last night & I was somewhat taken aback that so many players were apparently confused about the two new MTT's. (What they were, when, were they permanent, how many rebuys, what night were they etc etc).

I thought I'd explained it all pretty clearly & concisely, not to say repeatedly.

Strange.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    Tikay10 said:

@NChanning

Well I think it was very thoughtful of you, & supportive of Sky Poker, to save them £11.

Maybe we could do it again in Saturday's PLO, & double the prize to make it free entry into next week's renewals of both the PLO8 & PLO?

I vote @HENDRIK62, finished 2nd to @NChanning and was therefore closest to knocking him out and also FTed both, so surely worthy of the extra reward?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    Tikay10 said:

I was watching the table chat in a few PLO8 tables last night & I was somewhat taken aback that so many players were apparently confused about the two new MTT's. (What they were, when, were they permanent, how many rebuys, what night were they etc etc).

I thought I'd explained it all pretty clearly & concisely, not to say repeatedly.

Strange.

Not really.

You did explain things clearly. It's just that most players do not use this forum.

The other thing is that some players automatically play every single MTT over £5.50. And have done so for months/years, having previously known that every single one was NLH.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    Tikay10 said:

@NChanning

FIO, 22 players played both the "big" PLO8 events last night, with the regular one getting 66 runners & the new one 44 runners.

From those 22 players, ONE player made the FT of both - @HENDRIK62 who finished 2nd in BOTH events, which I'd say is pretty cool.

Got battered in both HU :D
  • Options

@Essexphil

That's possibly fair comment Phil.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

@NChanning

I vote @HENDRIK62, finished 2nd to @NChanning and was therefore closest to knocking him out and also FTed both, so surely worthy of the extra reward?
    Very kind of you @Enut (Paul) but I cant play this weekend so perhaps tikays idea would be best or maybe 3rd placed player?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    4th gets my vote :D
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    edited January 26
    Really enjoyed playing this last night. Ill-advisedly bluffed off my stack with 12 left, but was good fun. Would be nice to have it on the schedule more than once a week going forward (maybe a weekday and weekend day for both the PLO and PLO8 £11s).

Well played @NChanning

Agree that @HENDRIK62 should get the PLO free entry.