You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New PLO8 & PLO MTT Tournaments added to the schedule, starting tonight, Thursday 25th January

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616
    edited January 26
    Asho28 said:

Really enjoyed playing this last night. Ill-advisedly bluffed off my stack with 12 left, but was good fun. Would be nice to have it on the schedule more than once a week going forward (maybe a weekday and weekend day for both the PLO and PLO8 £11s).

Well played @NChanning

Agree that @HENDRIK62 should get the PLO free entry.

@Asho28

Not going to try & teach you or anyone else how to suck PLO8 eggs, but when bluffing in PLO8 you have to be extremely careful, as there are sometimes two pots & if you try to bluff the high whilst someone is sat there with a made low it's usually going to end badly. Personally, in O8, I usually restrict my bluffs to Boards which do not have a Low, especially as most players seem to concentrate on the Low. If they only have a Low on a High only board, they have to bail. In fact, WE might only have a Low too, but they don't know that. First to bet & all that...

More than once a week? Bit early for that yet, we don't even know if once a week is sustainable. Most new MTT's start brightly & then the novelty often wears off. Fingers crossed.

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    Happy to give a prize to Hendrik as 2nd in both was a great achievement...almost a jackpot! If he isn't free Saturday, maybe to the PLO8 next week.

I also quite like the idea of a prize for the nearest guess as to how many play Saturday or in next week's PLO8 with a reason why you think few or a lot or opinions on a better day and a different buy-in. I do think people often suggest the day that suits them best or the tournament they could afford to play...the number of people who suggested we should make the new event £5 when we already have a five quid event that goes along quite nicely really surprised me, but I am fascinated to see what people think is possible.

I also think that people assume that it's impossible to get the numbers on anything over a tenner on Sky when every single night 150+ people play a £30 event. Obviously Sky has a smaller player base than say Stars, and games outside of Hold-'em are never goig to be as popular but I don't neccessarily agree that the sweet spot at which things become much too expensive for most people is around £8.

I'd be interested to get other opinions though.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    Credit goes to you, Tikay and James.

Will they succeed? Only time will tell. But a weekly, £10, single rebuy, gives both of them their best chance.
  • Options
    NChanning said:

Happy to give a prize to Hendrik as 2nd in both was a great achievement...almost a jackpot! If he isn't free Saturday, maybe to the PLO8 next week.

I also quite like the idea of a prize for the nearest guess as to how many play Saturday or in next week's PLO8 with a reason why you think few or a lot or opinions on a better day and a different buy-in. I do think people often suggest the day that suits them best or the tournament they could afford to play...the number of people who suggested we should make the new event £5 when we already have a five quid event that goes along quite nicely really surprised me, but I am fascinated to see what people think is possible.

I also think that people assume that it's impossible to get the numbers on anything over a tenner on Sky when every single night 150+ people play a £30 event. Obviously Sky has a smaller player base than say Stars, and games outside of Hold-'em are never goig to be as popular but I don't neccessarily agree that the sweet spot at which things become much too expensive for most people is around £8.

Thanks Neil @NChanning

OK, @HENDRIK62 gets free entry into next Thursday's PLO8. You able to play that Hendo?

Agree as to a "guess how many" comp, I'm a little busy right now but I'll get the thread started soonest.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    edited January 26
    Tikay10 said:

Asho28 said:

Really enjoyed playing this last night. Ill-advisedly bluffed off my stack with 12 left, but was good fun. Would be nice to have it on the schedule more than once a week going forward (maybe a weekday and weekend day for both the PLO and PLO8 £11s).

Well played @NChanning

Agree that @HENDRIK62 should get the PLO free entry.

@Asho28

Not going to try & teach you or anyone else how to suck PLO8 eggs, but when bluffing in PLO8 you have to be extremely careful, as there are sometimes two pots & if you try to bluff the high whilst someone is sat there with a made low it's usually going to end badly. Personally, in O8, I usually restrict my bluffs to Boards which do not have a Low, especially as most players seem to concentrate on the Low. If they only have a Low on a High only board, they have to bail. In fact, WE might only have a Low too, but they don't know that. First to bet & all that...

More than once a week? Bit early for that yet, we don't even know if once a week is sustainable. Most new MTT's start brightly & then the novelty often wears off. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I know bluffing shouldn't be done that often in PLO8, but couldn't help myself. Got deservedly snap-called. @bbMike didn't have any complaints anyway. :lol:

We had fun anyway, that's what matters.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,151
    Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

Thanks Neil @NChanning

OK, @HENDRIK62 gets free entry into next Thursday's PLO8. You able to play that Hendo?

Agree as to a "guess how many" comp, I'm a little busy right now but I'll get the thread started soonest.

Absolutely, look forward to it, and thanks very much it was very enjoyable.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

Thanks Neil @NChanning

Absolutely, look forward to it, and thanks very much it was very enjoyable.

@HENDRIK62

Free entry to next Thursday's £400 guaranteed PLO8 BOOKED

• Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    who thinks @Tikay10 should play as well next thursday
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Only night I'm not available.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    hopefully it takes off and becomes nightly
  • Options

@HENDRIK62

Morning Hendo,

You are now registered for tonight's £400 guaranteed PLO8.

Try & win it please. ;)
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    at least 4 regulars to plo8 cant make Thursdays unfortunately , maybe move it to Wednesday if it suits the majority for extra runners , not sure what the general consensus is
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 176
    Sigh, love the four card game but cannot get my head around the hi-lo stuff, where is Holdy when i need her ? :( Will be there on Saturday tho, had a blast last week.
  • Options
    Fix! :smiley:
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HENDRIK62

Morning Hendo,

You are now registered for tonight's £400 guaranteed PLO8.

Try & win it please. ;)

tried but ran into sensei channing
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    edited February 1
    I think we should just all set up direct debits to pay staight into @NChanning's bank account. It would be much easier.

p.s. had fun, even with the unbeatable Mr Channing on my left for way too long.
  • Options
    If I win it next week do I get to keep the trophy?
  • Options

at least 4 regulars to plo8 cant make Thursdays unfortunately , maybe move it to Wednesday if it suits the majority for extra runners , not sure what the general consensus is

I prefer it on the Thursday, that was the 'plo8' night back when we had the league and the first version of this £10 event, that said i could also make Wednesday so if it means more runners I am definitely open to change.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    @NChanning, Neil do you mind me asking about a hand from the final table?

You were down to 3 and @loololollo was chip leader. There was a very big hand between you and him where he check raised you on the river and you took quite some time to call. You had QQxx on a Q22xx board so had flopped top FH and only lost to flopped quad 2s. I presume you weren't slow rolling him but maybe you had other tables on the go (I think it was too late for you to be watching horse racing!), or was it just that you had to seriously think about whether he had the quads?

From an observers point of view it was a really interesting hand and was the pivotal hand that decided who won.

• Options
    Think I was looking at the TV and was suddenly surprised that I was facing a big bet. In my big PLO days in that situation it was basically always quads so I did stop and have a think and then I suddenly remembered it was a tournament with big blinds and that lol has a bit of previous and I called. Definitely wasn't slow rolling and did take a second to think it over.

Feel free to ask anytime.