You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THE FIVEOO - THURS 23rd JULY

Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

Tonight, Richard Orford and Tikay are hosting The FiveOO on Channel 865 and simulcasting with Sky Sports Xtra from 10pm.

Playing in the studio is former athlete John Regis. He'll be playing in The FiveOO and various other tournaments including a Head's Up match against tonight's Play the Presenter
James Hartigan.

This is the official thread for tonight's show so make sure you get your emails and posts in.

Good luck in the tournament,

Andy

Comments

• IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    Question for Tikay
    What are the odds holding pocket 10`s against pocket 9`s and hitting runner runner 9`s
    LOL
    Gary
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,275
    edited July 2009

DREADING tonight's show.

What's the "over/under" on how many times Orful Orford mentions he Finalled in Monday's £20 Deepie, & finished one spot ahead of me?

20-22 is my guess..... 

Seriously, The Feltham Team, especially Rich, & I were overwhelmed by the nice comments after Monday's Show, both on the Forum, &, amazingly, on a well known "social networking site".

I think we had more e-Mails than I can ever remember - & THAT makes the Show.

Now, tonight is the 5-00 Simulcast, which goes on Sky Sports Extra from 10pm onwards, so we gotta behave a bit better than we did Monday (The Suits gave us some serious grief on Tuesday!), but we hope it'll still be worth watching. It will be if you keep the e-Mails coming in. The addy is "skyopen@bskyb.com". I think.
    edited July 2009

We've not had any e-Mails yet.......
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 23rd JULY:
    Question for Tikay What are the odds holding pocket 10`s against pocket 9`s and hitting runner runner 9`s LOL Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Depends if the caller is a lucky fish......;)
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2009
    I won't be playing in it but will tune in for the comedy! Have a good 'un - don't forget to give out a big shout to Area 51 every time there's a horrid suckout ;-)

edited July 2009

I played on the Site the other night, & one guy asked me 37 times for a shout-out tonight, which I promised I'd do if I did not forget. And I have not forgotten. Except I've forgotten his name.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2009
    Just call him NoseyBonk then :-D
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009
    DREADING tonight's show. What's the "over/under" on how many times Orful Orford mentions he Finalled in Monday's £20 Deepie, & finished one spot ahead of me? 20-22 is my guess.....  Seriously, The Feltham Team, especially Rich, & I were overwhelmed by the nice comments after Monday's Show, both on the Forum, &, amazingly, on a well known "social networking site". I think we had more e-Mails than I can ever remember - & THAT makes the Show. Now, tonight is the 5-00 Simulcast, which goes on Sky Sports Extra from 10pm onwards, so we gotta behave a bit better than we did Monday (The Suits gave us some serious grief on Tuesday!), but we hope it'll still be worth watching. It will be if you keep the e-Mails coming in. The addy is "skyopen@bskyb.com". I think.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well suits, it is what Richard and tikay are good at, they use the material fed to them from the forum thread and the email to make an absolutely fantastc show, I therefore wonder why the emails and threads increase dramaticaly when the A TEAM are on and probably more viewers too ?

Its cos we ENJOY THE SHOW WHEN THEY ARE ON. hehehe, think i have made my point ????? LOOOOLLLLL

• mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    We've not had any e-Mails yet.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Guys,
    Ok Tony heres a question.
    Can you explain floating the flop and what is to be achieved by doing it, An example on screen would help those players see what you mean.
    Many thanks
    love your work
    col
    edited July 2009
    I played on the Site the other night, & one guy asked me 37 times for a shout-out tonight, which I promised I'd do if I did not forget. And I have not forgotten. Except I've forgotten his name.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I know he typed very fast Tikay and the first part  of his name was Roy
    Thats as much as i`ve got
    Gary
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    Rich may have outlasted you on the final table but I outlasted both of you and won! :)  Can you also give a shout out for my first ever blog. It's available now via the link on Sky Poker Announcements. Cheers guys!
    edited July 2009
    3 Question for Rich

How much do you think your game has come on in the last 6 months?

Has the bankroll challenge helped you improve your game?

Now that you are regually beating Tikay in the deepie tournies and Michelle in the heads up is there any chance you might be spotted and sponsored to become a pro like Kara Scott?

Gary
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    Rich may have outlasted you on the final table but I outlasted both of you and won! :)  Can you also give a shout out for my first ever blog. It's available now via the link on Sky Poker Announcements. Cheers guys!
    Posted by phil12uk
    It's now handily also in the blogs section ;)
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 23rd JULY : I know he typed very fast Tikay and the first part  of his name was Roy Thats as much as i`ve got Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Perfect "memory jog" that - his name was Roy4Amy!

Just gotta remember the Shout-Out now.

Thanks Gary.
    edited July 2009
    3 Question for Rich How much do you think your game has come on in the last 6 months? Has the bankroll challenge helped you improve your game? Now that you are regually beating Tikay in the deepie tournies and Michelle in the heads up is there any chance you might be spotted and sponsored to become a pro like Kara Scott? Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Regularly? Eh?

Dictionary definition: - regularly = Occurring with normal or healthy frequency.
    edited July 2009
    Posted by phil12uk
    Blog Shout-Out - consider it done. But I'd better read it first.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THE FIVEOO - THURS 23rd JULY : Hi Guys, Ok Tony heres a question. Can you explain floating the flop and what is to be achieved by doing it, An example on screen would help those players see what you mean. Many thanks love your work col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    You mean on the Show? Okey-dokey, will try. I'm doing tonight, tomorrow, & Monday, & I'll squeeze it in somewhere - probably tomorrow, when we will have a special Guest in the Studio.
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited July 2009
    Right- finally finished all my show prep.

I notice that in the same time period Tikay has sat in the office chowing down on his dinner and posting on the forum. Tough job, he's got hasn't he?

I'd shout at him to get some work done, but it's quicker and more likely to get through to him if I post on here.

Looking forward to tonight's show- John Regis is the guest. If anyone has any questions you'd like to ask a top class Olympic athlete in his day, then please use this forum to fire away and I'll pass them on to John on the show.

He's a good laugh, so the questions can be serious...or not.

And off the back of the French Photographer Affair the other night, I'm looking for any other sightings of Tikay in clandestine meetings with young (or old) ladies. Plus all the usual comments, questions and banter, which makes the show such fun to do.

Finally, I promise to mention the fact that I beat Tikay on the deepstack final table the other night no more than about 12 times in the first hour of the show. So don't worry, it won't be tedious or anything.
    edited July 2009

And PLEASE NOTE.

Orford has had a double-0up.

1) He's had a haircut - it's truly dreadful.

2) He's had his Grecian 2000 top-up. Lol. Just lol.

No e-Mails about that, please. ;)
    edited July 2009
    Right- finally finished all my show prep. I notice that in the same time period Tikay has sat in the office chowing down on his dinner and posting on the forum. Tough job, he's got hasn't he? I'd shout at him to get some work done, but it's quicker and more likely to get through to him if I post on here. Looking forward to tonight's show- John Regis is the guest. If anyone has any questions you'd like to ask a top class Olympic athlete in his day, then please use this forum to fire away and I'll pass them on to John on the show. He's a good laugh, so the questions can be serious...or not. And off the back of the French Photographer Affair the other night, I'm looking for any other sightings of Tikay in clandestine meetings with young (or old) ladies. Plus all the usual comments, questions and banter, which makes the show such fun to do. Finally, I promise to mention the fact that I beat Tikay on the deepstack final table the other night no more than about 12 times in the first hour of the show. So don't worry, it won't be tedious or anything.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi Rich
    It is one of the 3 questions in my post.
    Should be a good show huh
    LOL