You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Thursday 11th April. Swifteyyeu wins the Main, and the FTJ pays out again

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    Glenelg said:

@Tikay10 your jim redman mention took me back a few years..i also was an avid mc fan.
    Phil ivy, Phil Read, Mike Hailwood & my hero Agostini...

@Glenelg

That's wonderful.

I met Mike Hailwood & got him to sign a copy of his book I'd just purchased. He was particularly good at Brands Hatch. I always felt he was the greatest of all time. Quite ironic that after racing for all those years, including at the IOM TT's, he met his death in a broad accident.

Derek Minter - "The King of Brands" was another firm favourite.

Perhaps the one I liked most from your list was Phil Read. Think he was the first "big name" rider to refuse to race at the TT for many years due to safety concerns.

I much enjoyed sidecar racing too - Chris Vincent, Bill Boddice, Owen Greenwood with his 3 wheeler etc.

Such wonderful memories, & the aroma of aviation spirit from the high octane fuel they used.

Think I went regularly to every UK road-racing circuit in my teens - Brands, Thruxton, Snetterton, Mallory, Oulton, Crystal Palace, Cadwell Park. I went to Silverstone once but never again, loathed the place, still do.