You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

TALKING TRADING - EURO 2024 - ENGLAND TOO SHORT ?

Comments

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    I find it incredible that even after the announcement of the 26 players who are going to the Finals that England's odds are still 4.3 to win.

I think the exclusion of Grealish is open to personal opinion, yes he hasn't had the best season, but he's the most fouled player in Europe. Plenty of defenders with huge smiles on their faces this morning after learning he isn't going.

The biggest issue for me is the exclusion of Branthwaite and the inclusion of Dunk.

Lewis Dunk is not an international centre half. He wouldn't have got a game in the Stoke team under Pulis. Hampered by the speed of a slow moving snail with a heavy backpack and possessing the turning circle of a fully laden oil tanker in a heavy sea, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm fairly happy about the rest of the squad tbh, not sure we need kane, Watkins, Bowen and Toney unless Southgate is planning on playing two strikers. I would have preferred one less out and out striker and maybe an extra defender but it's done now, so that's spilt milk under the bridge.

Italy and The Netherlands are both on the drift as I type. Currently 20 and 22 respectively , I think that 20 for the defending champions is a value price, whilst Belgium at 23 reflect little confidence in a team that like England has flattered to deceive on several occasions.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    edited June 7

I find it incredible that even after the announcement of the 26 players who are going to the Finals that England's odds are still 4.3 to win.

I think the exclusion of Grealish is open to personal opinion, yes he hasn't had the best season, but he's the most fouled player in Europe. Plenty of defenders with huge smiles on their faces this morning after learning he isn't going.

The biggest issue for me is the exclusion of Branthwaite and the inclusion of Dunk.

Lewis Dunk is not an international centre half. He wouldn't have got a game in the Stoke team under Pulis. Hampered by the speed of a slow moving snail with a heavy backpack and possessing the turning circle of a fully laden oil tanker in a heavy sea, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm fairly happy about the rest of the squad tbh, not sure we need kane, Watkins, Bowen and Toney unless Southgate is planning on playing two strikers. I would have preferred one less out and out striker and maybe an extra defender but it's done now, so that's spilt milk under the bridge.

Italy and The Netherlands are both on the drift as I type. Currently 20 and 22 respectively , I think that 20 for the defending champions is a value price, whilst Belgium at 23 reflect little confidence in a team that like England has flattered to deceive on several occasions.

Agree about Dunk. Branthwaite needed more England game time to go. Without Maguire, I think there was a case to take Dier. Could never have them both in the same team. But I think that leadership role at the back is now missing.

Suspect there are extra strikers because there are still doubts about Kane's fitness. We look short at Full Back, but we have lots of Centre Backs who can fill in there.

The place where we look light on numbers is Midfield. Rice is a definite. But the loss of form of Henderson and Phillips means we are light on experience there.

• JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 357
    England look a LOT short now :D

The old enemy, the mighty Iceland 20/1 in places beforehand

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    Just realised I've missed the England v Iceland match, so that's 90 minutes of my life I didn't waste! Every cloud etc.
    Slight 2 tick drift on the back of that result. Be interesting to see what happens over the next 7 days.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    William Hill now go a boosted 4/1 on England.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    lucy4 said:

Interesting.

I,m not too phased about the loss to Iceland. You could clearly see players pulling out of tackles and you can't really blame them.

Trent coming on was a huge positive for me and has to start imo. Almost everytime he got the ball he looks forward and trys to play someone in.

Its not always a bad thing to get a defeat. Look at what it did to Argentina in World Cup

Staying positive

Cmon England
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    MP33 said:

lucy4 said:

Interesting.

I,m not too phased about the loss to Iceland. You could clearly see players pulling out of tackles and you can't really blame them.

Trent coming on was a huge positive for me and has to start imo. Almost everytime he got the ball he looks forward and trys to play someone in.

Its not always a bad thing to get a defeat. Look at what it did to Argentina in World Cup

Staying positive

Cmon England
    I'm with @TheEdge949 on this one as I just don't see the value even at 4/1 given their previous record once it comes down to the business part of competitions. Southgate has had the last three comps to do something major and each time he's failed in his tactics, it's not the players I doubt but Southgates decisions and I think that'll cost us yet again.
    Just been onto a spread betting site and lumped some on France at 46.3 in the 100 index, fully expect this to rise after the round of 16 and should be good to ride through the quarters and beyond

winner gets 100
    runner up 75
    losing semi 50
    losing quarters 25

England favourites here too at 48.2
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,355
    There is some money to be made in the World cup qualifiers Africa.
    edited June 9
    layed over 3.5 goals in the Soa Tome game 1.41 (edit) it was 4.4
    rabdeniro said:

There is some money to be made in the World cup qualifiers Africa.

I've got positions in the 4 games kicking off now Rab.
    I've layed the over 3.5 in the Djibouti game 3.5
    Ffs they have had 1 shot each in 40 mins and they have both scored.
    rabdeniro said:

Ffs they have had 1 shot each in 40 mins and they have both scored.

I was on over 2.5 and traded out after goal 2 for 68% profit.
    Was that not the same Supercomputer that had the T20 side as favourites for that.

My mate keeps banging on about how we have the best squads on paper. I had to remind him that both football and cricket is not played on paper. Neither is it played on computer algorithms.

He's already IMHO done his bo110x with a £50 win double. I offered him 2 points more than the bookies but he said he didn't want to take my money.

The laughable bit about that is he is a Port Vale season ticket holder and he is indirectly financing Stoke City through his loss. :D

He's already IMHO done his bo110x with a £50 win double. I offered him 2 points more than the bookies but he said he didn't want to take my money.

I have mates too who put footy bets on and they stick to the same bookies. They brag about their big wins but i just look at the prices and think they could have got much better by shopping around a bit.

I,ve also offred them better prices but i think they like the betting slip in their hand. Or maybe they just don't trust me :)
    AHEM told you. England now 3rd faves behind France and Germany but still way too short at 6.0. Spain at 6.2 are the steamer.

AHEM told you. England now 3rd faves behind France and Germany but still way too short at 6.0. Spain at 6.2 are the steamer.

I looked at the odds after the Spain game last night. We were 5.8 and Spain were flicking between 6.6 and 6.8.

I just missed out on the 6.8 but wish i,d took the 6.6 now. Both the same now at 6.2