You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Who won what, Sunday 25th August. Sunday Major goes to TIMBER, while FAS takes the £5k BH

2»

Comments

• PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 35
    edited August 26
    Thanks for the mention @tikay1
    Whilst please I am gutted not to win the Main last night.

Entered heads up 3:1 chip lead; Q4 vs my A9 PREFLOP lost followed by NEXT HAND AJ vs my QQ also lost.
    Sadly got my 88 in against 10s and didn’t get lucky.

Happy with a big result but next Sunday I’m going to go one better!!

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,392
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

To be fair, you are right about the golf.

Thats just you being predictable.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,402
    190?🤔
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168,320
    PAPABURG said:

Entered heads up 3:1 chip lead; Q4 vs my A9 PREFLOP lost followed by NEXT HAND AJ vs my QQ also lost.

Hi @PAPABURG

Don't underestimate your achievement there, running 2nd in the Major is no mean feat.

It's been very interesting to observe the improvement in your results the last month or so. What do you put that down to? Variance, or have you been working on your game?

Either way, I hope it continues, & good luck this Sunday.
  • PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 35
    Tikay10 said:

PAPABURG said:

Hi @PAPABURG

Don't underestimate your achievement there, running 2nd in the Major is no mean feat.

It's been very interesting to observe the improvement in your results the last month or so. What do you put that down to? Variance, or have you been working on your game?

Cheers @Tikay10
    I think it’s bankroll management as a starting point. Variance of course you’d argue must have some impact but there’s plenty of situations or evenings where that goes the other way!!
    I think getting the bankroll has allowed me to play with clear decision making; so as long as I can continue to play as many evenings as possible it should continue (work, family, life balance)…

Hopefully in a months time I can be having a similar conversation with you!!

Thanks again for the report.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 168,320
    PAPABURG said:

Tikay10 said:

PAPABURG said:

Hi @PAPABURG

Cheers @Tikay10
    I think it’s bankroll management as a starting point. Variance of course you’d argue must have some impact but there’s plenty of situations or evenings where that goes the other way!!
    I think getting the bankroll has allowed me to play with clear decision making; so as long as I can continue to play as many evenings as possible it should continue (work, family, life balance)…

Hopefully in a months time I can be having a similar conversation with you!!

Thanks again for the report.

Good stuff @PAPABURG

"Playing scared" due to inadequate bankroll is one of the things that causes a lot of problems, & if we can play without being worried about how much we might lose, we play much better.

Hope your improved form continues.