You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

coach holidays how awful can you get?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,984
So I saw an advert that popped up for coach holidays I did not look into pricing since I can pretty much assume the pricing is not negative? Eg to get me to go on one of these I would need to be paid which wont happen obviously I have not worked out how much I would need to be paid for this it would depend on length etc. I mean by choice I dont think there is much I can be crimminaly convicted for but we dont have freedom of speech anymore in this country and they are running out of prison spaces so it might be a prison sentence... but then that wouldn't be me choosing to be there.

I mean a coach is an uncomfortable thing you choose to go on to get somewhere else not a holiday destination in itself. they mention sight seeing etc well I cant remember any positive experience of sigh seeing when I have been on some sort of vehicle yes there beautiful scenic things to look at but these are best enjoyed in relative privacy with a smoke a beer or nice food etc.

https://www.leger.co.uk/coach-holidays?r=1889&msclkid=f5de3efe51a91f1f4c86580fd6a8d9e2&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=M_Leger | Performance Max | All Tours&utm_term=www.leger.co.uk&utm_content=All Tours

thats the link anyway my girlfriend says old people would like these holidays as they would struggle with mobility so this is getting out with them she mentioned you know elderly people that need to use a zimmerframe to get to the toilet. Well that is just great because yes I am sure most will be okay but lets just say when going to the toilet some wont have the best accuracy so yeah that will be incredibably uncomfortable to use. Like I am shocked this is even a thing, I have heard that people can get several grand for going to flu camp where they are injected with the flu strand then either given a placebo or the drug that might help it.

I mean I likely would get ill too so in terms of competitiveness they are going to have to do better then that. Now I avoided flu camp because I just dont think its worth comprimising your long term health, but I would be doing this on that coach anyway, in flu camp you get your own privacy select your meals provided to you and have gaming stuff. So like they going to have to do better then flu camp as I would not get my own private room so they will have to offer quite a bit more then flu camp for me getting on that coach which obviously they wont they likely charge that fee so **** to the no.

Comments

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,438
    MAXALLY said:

"The buzz of excitement is at fever pitch as the finalist of the Tikay lookalike comp head to the final"

This should win of post of the month however I suspect that if there was such a competition @Tikay10 would be the judge and jury, so hard luck as it may just get deleted instead. :)
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,602
    Doubleme said:

So I saw an advert that popped up for coach holidays I did not look into pricing since I can pretty much assume the pricing is not negative? Eg to get me to go on one of these I would need to be paid which wont happen obviously I have not worked out how much I would need to be paid for this it would depend on length etc. I mean by choice I dont think there is much I can be crimminaly convicted for but we dont have freedom of speech anymore in this country and they are running out of prison spaces so it might be a prison sentence... but then that wouldn't be me choosing to be there.

I mean a coach is an uncomfortable thing you choose to go on to get somewhere else not a holiday destination in itself. they mention sight seeing etc well I cant remember any positive experience of sigh seeing when I have been on some sort of vehicle yes there beautiful scenic things to look at but these are best enjoyed in relative privacy with a smoke a beer or nice food etc.

https://www.leger.co.uk/coach-holidays?r=1889&msclkid=f5de3efe51a91f1f4c86580fd6a8d9e2&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=M_Leger | Performance Max | All Tours&utm_term=www.leger.co.uk&utm_content=All Tours

thats the link anyway my girlfriend says old people would like these holidays as they would struggle with mobility so this is getting out with them she mentioned you know elderly people that need to use a zimmerframe to get to the toilet. Well that is just great because yes I am sure most will be okay but lets just say when going to the toilet some wont have the best accuracy so yeah that will be incredibably uncomfortable to use. Like I am shocked this is even a thing, I have heard that people can get several grand for going to flu camp where they are injected with the flu strand then either given a placebo or the drug that might help it.

I mean I likely would get ill too so in terms of competitiveness they are going to have to do better then that. Now I avoided flu camp because I just dont think its worth comprimising your long term health, but I would be doing this on that coach anyway, in flu camp you get your own privacy select your meals provided to you and have gaming stuff. So like they going to have to do better then flu camp as I would not get my own private room so they will have to offer quite a bit more then flu camp for me getting on that coach which obviously they wont they likely charge that fee so **** to the no.

As usual you allow a preconceived bias to totally skew your unqualified opinion.

I have had several enjoyable coach holidays with such companies as Highland Heritage, Lochs and Glens, Iceland Tours and Balearic Travel. Yes many of the places to see and visit can be done independently however, often entry is not available due to the block bookings by the travel companies and even if it is the cost of travel, accommodation, entry, meals etc make it very expensive.

You are not duty bound to go on any of the excursions once you are at your accommodation although these are often very good, and the hotels and food are excellent.

However, please continue with your unadventurous, terrified of something different lifestyle. It means one less person in the way as I tear through life sampling everything on offer.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,575
    MAXALLY said:

"The buzz of excitement is at fever pitch as the finalist of the Tikay lookalike comp head to the final"

@MAXALLY

It saddens me to say I have to give you 9/10 or that.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,984

Doubleme said:

As usual you allow a preconceived bias to totally skew your unqualified opinion.

I have had several enjoyable coach holidays with such companies as Highland Heritage, Lochs and Glens, Iceland Tours and Balearic Travel. Yes many of the places to see and visit can be done independently however, often entry is not available due to the block bookings by the travel companies and even if it is the cost of travel, accommodation, entry, meals etc make it very expensive.

You are not duty bound to go on any of the excursions once you are at your accommodation although these are often very good, and the hotels and food are excellent.

However, please continue with your unadventurous, terrified of something different lifestyle. It means one less person in the way as I tear through life sampling everything on offer.
    so did you break your zimmerframe when you were doing the steps challenge?
    In all seriousness there add did not mention any hotels or anything about leaving the coach.
    I personally dont like been in a group of strangers. on any holiday I prefer it to be with and around people I know. I mean I enjoyed the galapogos islands when rich family members took me there it was slightly ruined by my then girlfriend (now ex girlfriend) threatening to kill themselves because I hesitated on moving in with them. I was right to and it was good riddence, (she didnt kill herself well i cant say for certain because I didnt keep in touch but there was brief contact a few years after breaking up and she was still alive then) anyway my now girlfriend looks to be the one and they have never threatened to kill themselves so that is good.

I looked further into it and they have 7 days with 1 day stay in a hotel which I am guessing means 6 days sleeping on a coach that sounds absolutely god awful. I would hope the seats are more comfortable then national express I distinctly remember one person telling me that one time on a national express the toilet leaked and it leaked all down the isle, of course I am not sure if this is true. I was told it by some random person at the coach station in victoria when I was complaining how bad national express were because they annoyed me. Now regardless of whether the national express story is true I would guess the statistics would show that most people on these coach holidays are elderly so this could happen on one those coaches.

However I like to talk without fear of others objecting to what I say and to have privacy your talking about a week with no privacy well one day in a hotel I guess. so anything I say someone could rudely decide they object and but into my conversation with me and my girlfriend.

So I have to sit for a week with social anxiety uncomfortable on a coach seat feeling uneasy about using the toilet or others use of the toilet.

I Mean even if the one night stay in a hotel is at a five star hotel with all food and drink complimentary that would be only one day.

This whole thing looks like it would be ****.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,746
    Without getting into a great debate (I was gonna say mass but I think that would've derailed the post) you do realise that people don't actually live/sleep on these coach tours? They simply transport you to various locations/hotels etc on a pre arranged agenda, it's not a magical mystery tour where you'll end up in Putins salt mines...
    lucy4 said:

Without getting into a great debate (I was gonna say mass but I think that would've derailed the post) you do realise that people don't actually live/sleep on these coach tours? They simply transport you to various locations/hotels etc on a pre arranged agenda, it's not a magical mystery tour where you'll end up in Putins salt mines...

Now that'd be a trip and a half, Siberia via Victoria Coach Station. Hmm Flixbus, National Express or Megabus.

Just had a random Bob Marley album pop into my head "Babylon by Bus".

Oh zimmer frames fine thanks @Doubleme, I'm getting out, keeping fit, enjoying life, living my best one, taking it to the edge.

Keep avoiding the thrill buddy, one day you'll regret the things not done.

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,894
    Mark does not have a zimmer frame " It's Scaffolding "
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,894
    MAXALLY said:

Shock result ..... " Winnie the Winner." !
    goldon said:

Mark does not have a zimmer frame " It's Scaffolding "

Ouch. That's harsh :D:D
    lucy4 said:

They advertised 7 nights with one in a hotel so I am guessing the other six nights are on the coach or it would be me paying for the other nights somewhere which would be additional costs.

That or it could be we are all put in hostels for the other six nights I wont stay in a hostel again after the last time.
    Last time I was in a hostal I had traveled a long distance to meet a girl, I was nervous and was staying in a hostel I remember there was this one guy who wanted to strike up conversation in the lounge. He asked me what I was up there for and then went on to suggest there in no hope for anyone romantically as according to him you have to have the same sexual desires and sex drives and click perfectly so the odds of anyone ever hitting it of as a couple were very remote.
    I pointed out how absurd that is because if that was true the human species would go extinct and also tried to point out I was already anxious and didnt want the negative energy for my date. But the guy got angry and saw it as a debate and was like no I listened to your points now you got to listen to mine.
    Later in the night when I was trying to sleep he yelled obscneitites at me and punched my bed as hard as he could several times I remember just tryingto lie still hoping that he would just think I was sleeping through and hoping he kept his hits to just the bed frame and not me It was okay in the end but an uncomfortable experience so I am not feeling keen to do hostels again.

lucy4 said:

Now that'd be a trip and a half, Siberia via Victoria Coach Station. Hmm Flixbus, National Express or Megabus.

Oh zimmer frames fine thanks @Doubleme, I'm getting out, keeping fit, enjoying life, living my best one, taking it to the edge.

you seem to have this fantasy idea that I just live inside and never ever go out and do anything. So a few things I do go out,and do things
    However a lot of things cost money now I am not exactly living out of bean cans under a bridge but I am also not rolling in it with infinite disposable income.

So yeah I cant go gallivating around the whole world but with the money I do have for doing stuff I dont plan on spending on a prison bus. I did think a holiday to Holland or trips round the world to find the best burgers but not a prison bus.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,776
    Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

They advertised 7 nights with one in a hotel so I am guessing the other six nights are on the coach or it would be me paying for the other nights somewhere which would be additional costs.

That or it could be we are all put in hostels for the other six nights I wont stay in a hostel again after the last time.
    Last time I was in a hostal I had traveled a long distance to meet a girl, I was nervous and was staying in a hostel I remember there was this one guy who wanted to strike up conversation in the lounge. He asked me what I was up there for and then went on to suggest there in no hope for anyone romantically as according to him you have to have the same sexual desires and sex drives and click perfectly so the odds of anyone ever hitting it of as a couple were very remote.
    I pointed out how absurd that is because if that was true the human species would go extinct and also tried to point out I was already anxious and didnt want the negative energy for my date. But the guy got angry and saw it as a debate and was like no I listened to your points now you got to listen to mine.
    Later in the night when I was trying to sleep he yelled obscneitites at me and punched my bed as hard as he could several times I remember just tryingto lie still hoping that he would just think I was sleeping through and hoping he kept his hits to just the bed frame and not me It was okay in the end but an uncomfortable experience so I am not feeling keen to do hostels again.

lucy4 said:

you seem to have this fantasy idea that I just live inside and never ever go out and do anything. So a few things I do go out,and do things
    However a lot of things cost money now I am not exactly living out of bean cans under a bridge but I am also not rolling in it with infinite disposable income.

So yeah I cant go gallivating around the whole world but with the money I do have for doing stuff I dont plan on spending on a prison bus. I did think a holiday to Holland or trips round the world to find the best burgers but not a prison bus.
    It's less than an hour to Amsterdam flying , fantastic city
    stokefc said:

Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

It's less than an hour to Amsterdam flying , fantastic city
    brilliant point did not even realize how brief just looked up see for the money I could spend on a prison bus I could likely get a week in holland on a budget or a nice long weekend living it up way better then prison bus and something I may well treat my goddess too.

A very decent point well made.
    !0 minute search today revealed the following.

Manchester to Holland £12
    Manchester to Prague £34
    Manchester to Dublin £14
    Manchester to Girona £21
    Manchester to Nantes £26
    East Mids to Zagreb £23
    East Mids to Stockholm £41
    East Mids to Krakow £36
    Birmingham to Split £25
    Birmingham to Madrid £42
    Birmingham to Stutgart £19

Many more every day on skyscanner from all airports. JUST DO IT Dave.

Hotels are cheap if you search too.

Next year me and missus going to do a week to 10 days where we just take the cheapest flight each day and see where we end up. Only rule is you cannot go back to a country you have already visited unless you are coming home and you must fly internationally.

IT'S CALLED HAVING AN ADVENTURE. It's exciting, it's unplanned and it's outside the comfort zone. Or maybe you prefer the bus.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,360
    Lookin at those cheap flights ah remember about 14 years ago ah got a flight from Prestwick to Paris (Beauvais) for 4p, mind you that was for 4 of us, but the downside was we decided to get a taxi to disneyland and that cost £100 return.

Manchester to Prague £34
    Manchester to Dublin £14
    Manchester to Girona £21
    Manchester to Nantes £26
    East Mids to Zagreb £23
    East Mids to Krakow £36
    Birmingham to Split £25
    Birmingham to Madrid £42

Next year me and missus going to do a week to 10 days where we just take the cheapest flight each day and see where we end up. Only rule is you cannot go back to a country you have already visited unless you are coming home and you must fly internationally.

IT'S CALLED HAVING AN ADVENTURE. It's exciting, it's unplanned and it's outside the comfort zone. Or maybe you prefer the bus.

Well I agree with some of what you say there actually but not all of it. I cant just up and go on a plane tomorrow, I have a job and I need to book time off and I was pre told that sept and oct are not good times as that is the busy season. However it looks like for multiple reasons I can take large parts of dec off maybe even three weeks of dec. So yeah all been well I might well do some of this in dec that depends on multiple factors. But I am not ruling it out at all.

is this some sort of mega deal at last minute because planes empty or something or are those prices I can get in advance?

If I go somewhere and love it I would obviously want to go back so no I wouldnt accept the rule that I can never visit the same place again.

Further it does depend on the place eg I actually think Russian classical music and other culture and some of their artistic buildings and etc are beautiful. There was a time when things were not obviously hostile with Russia back in that time a trip to Moscow could have well been on the cards. However now a trip to Moscow could have me thrown in a gulag as a political prisoner/pawn and or written of as a traitor guilty of treason.
    I would never choose to go to Moscow as things are now.

I would need to know a bit about where I am going and that at the very least it is reasonable to believe it is safe.

edited October 1

@Doubleme

It's seasonal but permanent. It's what "Budget Airlines" do. No frills, but dirt cheap, as long as you are wary of the potential extras, such as paying for hold baggage.

Budget Airlines are not a new thing, EasyJet are 30 years old next month, RyanAir are 40 years old. So they have been around as long if not longer than you.

And passenger numbers per annum, with British Airways for context?

British Airways 40 million passengers per year

Easy Jet 93 million passengers per year

RyanAir 184 million passengers per year.

Fleet Sizes?

British Airways 280

EasyJet 347

RyanAir 606

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,842
    Doubleme said:

Manchester to Prague £34
    Manchester to Dublin £14
    Manchester to Girona £21
    Manchester to Nantes £26
    East Mids to Zagreb £23
    East Mids to Krakow £36
    Birmingham to Split £25
    Birmingham to Madrid £42

Well I agree with some of what you say there actually but not all of it. I cant just up and go on a plane tomorrow, I have a job and I need to book time off and I was pre told that sept and oct are not good times as that is the busy season. However it looks like for multiple reasons I can take large parts of dec off maybe even three weeks of dec. So yeah all been well I might well do some of this in dec that depends on multiple factors. But I am not ruling it out at all.

is this some sort of mega deal at last minute because planes empty or something or are those prices I can get in advance?

If I go somewhere and love it I would obviously want to go back so no I wouldnt accept the rule that I can never visit the same place again.

Further it does depend on the place eg I actually think Russian classical music and other culture and some of their artistic buildings and etc are beautiful. There was a time when things were not obviously hostile with Russia back in that time a trip to Moscow could have well been on the cards. However now a trip to Moscow could have me thrown in a gulag as a political prisoner/pawn and or written of as a traitor guilty of treason.

I would need to know a bit about where I am going and that at the very least it is reasonable to believe it is safe.

Life hack

To avoid going to Russia don't put Russia in the destination field.

mumsie said:

Doubleme said:

Manchester to Prague £34
    Manchester to Dublin £14
    Manchester to Girona £21
    Manchester to Nantes £26
    East Mids to Zagreb £23
    East Mids to Krakow £36
    Birmingham to Split £25
    Birmingham to Madrid £42

Life hack

To avoid going to Russia don't put Russia in the destination field.

@mumsie

Incidentally, in the days when we could travel to Russia, I went to Moscow twice & St Peterburg three times, all of them poker trips. I have to say, St Petersburg is THE most amazeballs city I've ever visited, & it's not even close. There are 35 Palaces in St Petersburg alone, including the awesome Winter Palace which also houses the Hermitage art collection, arguably the best art collection on the world.

Sadly, I can't imagine ever being able to visit either again in my lifetime thanks to Mr Putin.