You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker in various degrees for students!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    smiler271smiler271 Member Posts: 197
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker in various degrees for students!!!!:
    Do students really have the £££ to gamble??  I thought that they were all in debt and broke....... LOL!
    Posted by jobless1
    Well SOME students are in severe debt, but some work too, aswell as doing 898 hours of placemnt time, and full time study too..... WOW I am surprised I have the TIME to play poker never mind the ££££ LOL

cheers for the post  :)
  • Options
    jobless1jobless1 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker in various degrees for students!!!! : Well SOME students are in severe debt, but some work too, aswell as doing 898 hours of placemnt time, and full time study too..... WOW I am surprised I have the TIME to play poker never mind the ££££ LOL cheers for the post  :)
    Posted by smiler271
    Depends on what course or courses that you are doing I suppose - I was actually a student once - for 6 months and then I got a job (at the start of the last recession - not this one).......... depends if you work hard or have just one or two lessons - sorry lectures at school each week and how much effort that you put in!

Right bluebirds are on the tele so I am signing offski!  Noswaith da!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker in various degrees for students!!!! : Depends on what course or courses that you are doing I suppose - I was actually a student once - for 6 months and then I got a job (at the start of the last recession - not this one).......... depends if you work hard or have just one or two lessons - sorry lectures at school each week and how much effort that you put in! Right bluebirds are on the tele so I am signing offski!  Noswaith da!
    Posted by jobless1

Youth Work Youth Studie BSc ( Honors) degree.... I have 2 days IN class, 3nights and days at placement then squeeze in work inbetween that....
    NO wonder I am on here looking for advice in focus AND researching my dissertation question ( on other thread)

LOL

GL with yr team....
    asta la vista jobless :)
  • Options
    jobless1jobless1 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Nah not my team - the wife's (coupled with not liking Swansea)!  Hammers play tomorrow!  Shame about the chavs winning today LOL!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nah not my team - the wife's (coupled with not liking Swansea)!  Hammers play tomorrow!  Shame about the chavs winning today LOL!!
    Posted by jobless1

LOL CHAVS??? hahahahha
    well I didnt feel as bad cheering them on this week with that win, oppose to their 7 goals scored in last game...wow that WAS worth a shout out but as i was taught, football ad goal etiquette cmes into play when its 7-1 etc so i managed to keep shush for a little while , BUT yesterday beating Man Utd WOW THAT WAS ACE!!!!

And my hubbys team won too, against Tot-spurs....gutted though as we WRE gonna buy tickets for that game, but decided to wait for a bigger game... wish we had gone now after all!!! LOL

anyway hope you got all your house work done!?!?

might pop on later to play a game or two, IF I get some study done first of course LOL

• Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker in various degrees for students!!!! : AND YOU LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by BlackFish3

I have been waiting to see if you popped to the other thread " How should we spend OUR money" some folk said that you would come over etc and that I had bitten of more than I could chew with it LOL....??......anyway, it has got a BIT deep/debate style now,...so not as relaxing as many other posts...BUT STILL GREAT fun though and teaching me a lot.... so i guess thats the answer to THIS thread! Add one that IS study related!!!!LOL

Anyway, to update on this thread, it seems that starting a debate on the one mentioned above has distracted me EVEN more from my study.... i got finals soon ( ok well finals for my 2nd year anyway) and I need masses of revision done.... I got placeent hours to do but they are on the backburner this week while i TRY do all binding and power points needed for dissertation proposal, Oh and i still have an 8000 word portfolio to do..... LOL 
    You know of any other students who see things as bad as me at this point in the year?lol

Well summer break is nearing
    The work is all due in
    But there is an exam im fearing
    but cant let the nerves win
    I need to pass all modules
    and pass em with good marks,
    to go into my 3rd year
    and finish with a 2.1. pass

But all the work keeps building
    as i type on this here thread
    My hubby has been supportive, and broke it all in chunks
    But I still lay there worrying, at night when laid in bed
    "Will i be the ONLY one to fail,
    will i be left with this haunting me, 
    will it make me old, tired and frail?"

But now I see what's needed,
    To tackle it all head on.
    do it all in little bit
    do it one step at a time
    and IM ASSURED that ALL will be just fine.....

It will all be over soon, and i'll have my Degree in hand
    with a name scribbled onto the bottom
    AND that name,....... it will be MINE.....

( THEN The real worry starts.... how many jobs out there for my chosen career?? LOL or should i go back to do an MA in a chosen feild? an easier one than some of the ones im doing now though!!!LOL)

Have a good day
    GOOD luck with your poker

OMFG Im Due at Uni in an hr....and Im still sat on this site! PMSL!!!

and I giggle/nag at my hubby when he has sat at the screen for 14+ hours when playing a tourny....shame on me! LOL

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey Smiler, Welcome to the forum!!! (we need more women around here...trust me on a weekend it's testosterone city!!!) I would recommend reverting to good old fashioned pad and paper...you can't get onto the poker sites at campus...trust me i tried every workaround i could think of when i was at uni :o) It's all about diversionary tactics, the fact is that you don't want to read those dafty books at uni so wait til you get home...I recon a when you have a couple of hours between lectures then play if you feel like it!! Leave the revision until you get home...you need to have fun sometimes!!! Don't give yourself too hard a time, if you have focus at home then surely that is the best place to do your uni work?? Good luck whatever you decide!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5

OH NOOOOOO Its Sunday Morning and I have a MASSIVE bit of work due tomorrow at 4pm, SPSS stuff, BOGLES my brain....boring stats, graphs etc NO idea what I will ever use it for in my work place anyway!! lol

SO MAYBE I need to get of here and get to it.... Looks like I MAY be failing This year anyway due to placement issues, BUT never say never... im sure I can do something to get it sorted..

of to focus in the quiet of the bedroom now and not coming out till my desk is cleared of all work thats due this week....

If im not back in 2 days send in a search party LOL

cheers

debbie

• Options
    edited April 2010
    PHEW
    Submitted work with 43 mins to spare LOL

No on to next bit,... have a days grace tomorrow thouh so MAYBE i will have time to go play poker OR add to some replies to posts etc on here

:)

Shattered now after that cramming session, of to sleep now

• Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited April 2010
    PHEW Submitted work with 43 mins to spare LOL No on to next bit,... have a days grace tomorrow thouh so MAYBE i will have time to go play poker OR add to some replies to posts etc on here :) Shattered now after that cramming session, of to sleep now
    Posted by smiler271[/QUOTE

HAHA, Very Excellent Work Mrs!!!!!

x
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker in various degrees for students!!!! :
    PHEW Submitted work with 43 mins to spare LOL No on to next bit,... have a days grace tomorrow thouh so MAYBE i will have time to go play poker OR add to some replies to posts etc on here :) Shattered now after that cramming session, of to sleep now Posted by smiler271[/QUOTE HAHA, Very Excellent Work Mrs!!!!! x
    Posted by TRIP5

Well Thank you......

only 1 more module to go then END OF YEAR2!!!! WOOOOOOOPYDOOOOOO

summer time to work on dissertation stuff i think, stayed clear of SP for a FULL week, oh no,...how empty i felt inside PMSL!!!