You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Live by the River Die by the River

2»

Comments

• Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River:
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : I think that you'll find that most RNGs used for games like poker rely on totally unpredictable (or "random") external events. They are totally random and unpredictable. Your last statement is not based on a RNG but on a pseudo-RNG which is used for testing programs and certainly not used for games on poker sites.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I'm asking because I really don't know. Timing doesn't come into it does it? eg. If you were last to act before the turn or river, if you called one second earlier or later surely that wouldn't alter the card?
    I know their was bandits in the 70s with changing speed fans inside, so if you pressed the start button earlier or later it supposedly altered the spin, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : I'm asking because I really don't know. Timing doesn't come into it does it? eg. If you were last to act before the turn or river, if you called one second earlier or later surely that wouldn't alter the card? I know their was bandits in the 70s with changing speed fans inside, so if you pressed the start button earlier or later it supposedly altered the spin, but I'm not sure.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Timing might come into it - but it might be related to the clicks of the mouse by several random people from a previous hand.
    I don't know what algorithm Sky Poker uses and, as far as I am aware, they have never published it.
    However, computerised random number generator events are generally based on the timing of several random external events. They require several external events to be able to generate the necessary degree of "randomness".

• Options
    AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
    edited April 2010
    How about a rule for one week you cant moan about lucky rivers on the forum.  Moan about lucky flops and turns as much as you like but don't mention a river.  Sky team can you back me up here by deleting any posts moaning about the river.

I will start it off on behalf of my opponent in a game today who was rather rude to me after this hand.  See my new thread / post / discussion whatever you call it "THAT PESKY PESKY TURN CARD!"
  • Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : Rearrange the following words to create a popular phrase.  Line, and, hook, sinker
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Just realised I should be using 'and' aswell, without and all I could come up with was-
      L I O N
      S K I N
      H E R E
        O  K.     lol.
    I'll have another go.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : Just realised I should be using 'and' aswell, without and all I could come up with was-   L I O N   S K I N   H E R E     O  K.     lol. I'll have another go.
    Posted by TORTUS007

A lion deerskin honk?
    Kindle a senior honk?

Ah...

Naked senior ho link
  • Options
    KKarlos93KKarlos93 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2010
    Merenovice i completely agree, have you ever emailed a poker site to question how stright the deal is, i once emailed party poker a few years back and found they have to comply with the below;

iTech Labs, an independent testing agency, has tested and certified the following for our RNG:

- The raw 32-bit numbers generated by the RNG algorithm are statistically acceptable: Applying Marsaglia's ‘diehard’ suite of tests on the raw numbers revealed statistical randomness.

- The RNG algorithm and shuffling code were used to generate over 2 million shuffled decks. Chi-squared tests applied to the shuffled decks showed uniform distribution.

- Further, all poker hands are captured from the live system on a monthly basis and chi-squared tests are applied. These tests have indicated that the RNG continues to operate correctly.

- iTech Labs has also verified the RNG source code to ensure that the RNG internal state is secure and the seeding is from an entropy source

to get there licence to allow online poker most poker sites have to undergo similar tests, as in the initial post more to do with luck or variance than anything dodgy going on
  • Options
    AyrGraemeAyrGraeme Member Posts: 271
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : A lion deerskin honk? Kindle a senior honk? Ah... Naked senior ho link
    Posted by MereNovice
    LOL