You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...?

philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
doreen61 Small blind  3000.00 3000.00 15020.00
azaro Big blind  6000.00 9000.00 59995.62
  Your hole cards
  • A

OldGrumpy Fold     
chris85 Fold     
ranis Fold     
philmenow All-in  18535.00 27535.00 0.00
doreen61 Fold     
azaro Call  12535.00 40070.00 47460.62
azaro Show
  • K

philmenow Show
  • A

Flop

• Q
  • J

Turn

River

• K

azaro Win Pair of Kings 40070.00  87530.62
didnt bother to change the names ,as it turned out to be the right call...and if he loses it aint hurt him much...
im guessing a call probly isnt a bad decision,1 in 3 times he's a winner...

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited April 2010
    Well i would have moved all-in with  your hand.. but there's  no way  I could  have called with over 60k still in the tank ... but thats   NL poker  today ..  Everyone wants to  be a hero   :))
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    You were right to push.
    Your opponent was right to call - he was getting better than 2/1 on his money.
    That's just poker.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...?:
    You were right to push. Your opponent was right to call - he was getting better than 2/1 on his money. That's just poker.
    Posted by MereNovice
    i figured he was probly right to call,his K5 may well have been ahead,dont know if id have tho..even knowing, if i lost id still be in..just sort of knew if he called i was going out...
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2010
    Of course you have to push, chances are you'll be ahead, and you never know, he might even pass
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...?:
    Of course you have to push, chances are you'll be ahead, and you never know, he might even pass
    Posted by SHANXTA
    cept he knew that if he called, being bigger stakked he'd win...and i also knew it..but HEY thats poker,computer generated unrealistic poker...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : cept he knew that if he called, being bigger stakked he'd win...and i also knew it..but HEY thats poker,computer generated unrealistic poker...
    Posted by philmenow
    LOL

If you think its rigged stop playing, or at least stop moaning, PLEASE!

PS - If the bigger stack always wins, then start playin sit n go's, steal the blinds on d 1st hand, n then once your chipleader you cant lose! Careful thou, dnt tell every1 this secret, ovawise evry1 will jus end up all in 1st hand every tourny.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    err ok.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : LOL If you think its rigged stop playing, or at least stop moaning, PLEASE! PS - If the bigger stack always wins, then start playin sit n go's, steal the blinds on d 1st hand, n then once your chipleader you cant lose! Careful thou, dnt tell every1 this secret, ovawise evry1 will jus end up all in 1st hand every tourny.
    Posted by SHANXTA
    you certainly dont have to read my posts,so if you dont like my moaning,stop             reading them,anyway its 1.45 am,shouldnt you be knokking one off on cam4..
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    yo philmenow... why dont you do what shanxta suggested?

Play a sit and go... shove all in 1st hand, you probably wont get called, then you will be chip leader so shove every hand after and you cant lose because apparently the big stack always wins... why dont you play that strategy???

I think you dont want to play that because you know you are just being stupid, playing c rap and losing because of it. Stop blaming anything but yourself and post hands where you dont know what to do in tough spots rather than going down the rigged route.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yo philmenow... why dont you do what shanxta suggested? Play a sit and go... shove all in 1st hand, you probably wont get called, then you will be chip leader so shove every hand after and you cant lose because apparently the big stack always wins... why dont you play that strategy??? I think you dont want to play that because you know you are just being stupid, playing c rap and losing because of it. Stop blaming anything but yourself and post hands where you dont know what to do in tough spots rather than going down the rigged route.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    certainly wasnt playin 'c rap',and i play sng all the time,and what ur suggesting aint a winning strategy(and im not suggesting that once the big stakk always the big stakk)..3 or 4 times ystday was going along fairly nicely(fairly deep) then get put on a table with some 'bigger' stakks,bided my time,got a very pushable hand in a very pushable position,and am called (which is fair enuff,if u think k5os is a calling hand,its not like i was pushing 2000 chips in the pot..)and there i go... ..i guess at the time of posting i was a little peeved with the outcome and as this is a place to post my disapointment i posted it,again,if u dont like it u aint got to read it..
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Can we not just get this shipped over to Area 51 and be done with it?
  • Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    Im sure if you think back their have been many times you have doubled up agaist the odds lets be honest with ourselves its not the site its the law of averages!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Im sure if you think back their have been many times you have doubled up agaist the odds lets be honest with ourselves its not the sight its the law of averages!
    Posted by Donut64
    lol,not often enuff..thatll be ,site..
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : cept he knew that if he called, being bigger stakked he'd win...and i also knew it..but HEY thats poker,computer generated unrealistic poker...
    Posted by philmenow
    It was all going so well UNTIL you posted this comment philmenow!!!!!
    A nonsense statement like that is always gonna get fierce responses!
    He didn't "know" he'd win, he had the odds to call with an above average hand and faced with a button raise which could've been with any two cards! And he could afford to take the chance for a fifth of his stack! As for "computer generated unrealistic poker" the same thing could, would and does happen in every live tournament!!!!!
    GL on the tables mate!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : It was all going so well UNTIL you posted this comment philmenow!!!!! A nonsense statement like that is always gonna get fierce responses! He didn't "know" he'd win, he had the odds to call with an above average hand and faced with a button raise which could've been with any two cards! And he could afford to take the chance for a fifth of his stack! As for "computer generated unrealistic poker" the same thing could, would and does happen in every live tournament!!!!! GL on the tables mate!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    yeah ,yeah,but like i said earlier,i was teed off with losing,in the same manner a few times,(especially AK vs AQ in a diff game than this),and lost the plot alittle..it was late/early in the morning,didnt fancy going to bed fuming at the outcome..so posted my frustrations..all is well now..gl 2 u 2.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : It was all going so well UNTIL you posted this comment philmenow!!!!! A nonsense statement like that is always gonna get fierce responses! He didn't "know" he'd win, he had the odds to call with an above average hand and faced with a button raise which could've been with any two cards! And he could afford to take the chance for a fifth of his stack! As for "computer generated unrealistic poker" the same thing could, would and does happen in every live tournament!!!!! GL on the tables mate!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    +1

Phil, no1's stopping you having a moan about bad beats (although they can get tiresome).

However, you do more than that, you clearly have a pop at this site for being "unrealistic", in other words fixed, rigged, call it what you want.

Don't you see this makes you far more stupid than the rest of us who play here who DON'T think it's rigged. We may be wrong and ignorant and it might all be one massive con, but at least we think it's fair! You think it's a set up and yet STILL play here! That's like throwing money in the fire, surely?

So please just shut up and leave if you think this site is not fair - or if you want to keep posting comments like you do (which is your right) - DO NOT MOAN LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRL WHEN PEOPLE HAVE A POP BACK AT YOU.
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : yeah ,yeah,but like i said earlier,i was teed off with losing,in the same manner a few times,(especially AK vs AQ in a diff game than this),and lost the plot alittle..it was late/early in the morning,didnt fancy going to bed fuming at the outcome..so posted my frustrations..all is well now..gl 2 u 2.
    Posted by philmenow
    Fair play mate! The next time it happens (and it will, sooner rather than later! lol)get yourself a nice damp cloth and give yourself a quick rub down! I always find this helps! haha
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: would you have pushed(here)knowing full well,if ur called,he's bound to hit...? : +1 Phil, no1's stopping you having a moan about bad beats (although they can get tiresome). However, you do more than that, you clearly have a pop at this site for being "unrealistic", in other words fixed, rigged, call it what you want. Don't you see this makes you far more stupid than the rest of us who play here who DON'T think it's rigged. We may be wrong and ignorant and it might all be one massive con, but at least we think it's fair! You think it's a set up and yet STILL play here! That's like throwing money in the fire, surely? So please just shut up and leave if you think this site is not fair - or if you want to keep posting comments like you do (which is your right) - DO NOT MOAN LIKE AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRL WHEN PEOPLE HAVE A POP BACK AT YOU.
    Posted by JingleMa
    oh i wondered how long b4 u stukk ur worldly wise nose in and had a 'pop'...u need to add ur little bit of 'holier than thou ',you only 'pop' at people..ur opinions are never constructive,and you are one of lifes s stirrers.u talk about stupidness,look in the mirror,'fool'...take a long long look...then come back and put me in my place,and play up to ur audience,come on...im going out so i wont be here 4 a few hours and then im goin to work,but i'll take a look at ur bleating later...suggest u get a 'life'..
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited April 2010
    It was the correct shove with 3bbs left, and it was definately the right call by the big blind.

In that spot you will be pushing the button any two cards with ur short stack and k5 is definately way above your shoving range. i snap you off here in a second.

It is just standard at this stage of a tournament and it should not in any way be called a bad beat. You are only a small favourite to win the hand.

i would try to not let myself get down to 3 big blinds before making my move because you will get called all day long and even when you win the pot u are still short stacked. Make your move earlier, when u have a bigger stack that will make people think twice about calling and give them a tough decision. when you wait this long you make it easy for them.

Just may thoughts,

Gl dude
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited April 2010
    Philmenow  .. The main thing here is YOU did the right thing.

What a lot of  people miss when they are talking about the 'bet' and the 'call' is that with any form of poker 'it's' a GAMBLE !! 
    It's not a mathematical equation . OK you could  say someone has the POT odds to  call  or Implied Odds (as in what the return will do to the position it will put a player in the tournament or how it will affect 'the callers' stack if he loses)

In this case  of yours, the problem is we dont have ALL the facts to  consider but I'm guessing this game would be possibly down to the last 10 to 20 players, also it's a table with only  5 seated .. IF this is the case the main thing is YOU definitely did  the right thing, with the all-in move
    ( At this stage get the idea of 'Big stacks always win out of your mind, it's not constructive to your game, and totally  negative way  of playing, because it's just not true)

That all said, were back  to the 'call' and this is where players have different  opinions !!
      IF the situation is that there are only 10 -20 players left, I'd have to  ask myself do I want to  be calling  'one third of my stack, knowing in all probability I was behind ?? 
    For me it's a pass, because with  60k I'm under no  pressure  with over 10 BB still after the hand, I can find a situation after this hand where I can be the aggressor..

The point  being with 60k, the player is possibly medium to  high stacked in the game, and if it were me, I'd   definitely NOT  be calling to make my final table game weak, I'd want to use  that  stack  to  be aggressive with by betting not calling...

That all said, that's what makes the game so interesting, players have different opinions, and above all else ..we all want to  win .. 

glk Benny