You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blatant Chip-Dropping/Dumping in DYM (or any) Games....

emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
I have been a victim of this twice in Omaha DYM games in the last week. Why do people do it?

If someone is that desperate for 2 Quid...then it is sad...Just PM me and I will give you the money without the grief.

LOL

EDIT.....I have managed to post the Hand on this thread now.

Comments

• Options
    LeoBooBooLeoBooBoo Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I missing a Trick?:
    I have been a victim of this twice in Omaha DYM games in the last week. Why do people do it? If someone is that desperate for 2 Quid...then It is sad...Just PM me and I give you the money without the grief. LOL
    Posted by emilyegg
    Sorry to be dumb but what's chip-dropping?
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    I have been a victim of this twice in Omaha DYM games in the last week. Why do people do it? If someone is that desperate for 2 Quid...then it is sad...Just PM me and I will give you the money without the grief. LOL
    Posted by emilyegg
    Hi

If you suspect someone, I would suggest you contact Customer Care :), I suspect emilyegg is on about chip dumping:Chip Dumping means that one player deliberately looses his chips against another player. E.g. while betting on a weak hand. In tournaments, this is a common strategy.
  • Options
    LeoBooBooLeoBooBoo Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    In Response to Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick? : Hi If you suspect someone, I would suggest you contact Customer Care :), I suspect emilyegg is on about chip dumping:Chip Dumping means that one player deliberately looses his chips against another player. E.g. while betting on a weak hand. In tournaments, this is a common strategy.
    Posted by acebarry10[/QUOTE
    What I have seen or should I say suspected are two players beefing up the betting as if both have really good hands, other players fold, and it turns out that one of the two beefing up the betting has absolutely nothing more than, say, a five high....maybe nothing more than an idiot but it does make you suspicious.
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    I have a been victim of this twice in Omaha DYM games in the last week. Why do people do it? If someone is that desperate for 2 Quid...then it is sad...Just PM me and I will give you the money without the grief. LOL
    Posted by emilyegg
    LOL     People do it no doubt. I sometimes accuse them of it there and then. That stops em.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We should be allowed to name and shame them as well...

EDIT (at half-ten on Monday morning)

BUT ONLY IF THE COMMITTEE APPROVES AND THE ACCUSED ARE FOUND GUILTY ;0).
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Blatant Chip-Dropping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    We should be allowed to name and shame them as well...
    Posted by emilyegg
    You have to be carefull with naming and shaming people on an assumption. You suspect that this may be happening but what's the evidence?. DOn't get me wrong, i se ewhat i assume to be that all the time but you can't go condeming people on assumptions now can you?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    excuse me for having an opinion...lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i didn't complain at you having an opinion?????? in fact i pointed out that it was your "opinion" and not a fact. Touchy much??

Anyway, read the post and i say don't get me wrong (which evidently has been the first thing you have done), I see what i think is this all the time.

My comment is purely on Naming and Shaming people who have given you the "Opinion" they are cheating and not people who you can prove are
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    lol......its the New Barking-Snake. Take the advice that you give to others from your lofty perch......

DELETE....MOVE ON.

I have asked a SERIOUS poker question, but sadly from yourself...instead of an answer, you are only good value for an underhanded/sarcastic comment in a pathetic attempt to cause aggro.

If anyone can answer the original question I would be grateful.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Blatant Chip-Dropping/Dumping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    lol......its the New Barking-Snake. Take the advice that you give to others from your lofty perch...... DELETE....MOVE ON. I have asked a SERIOUS poker question, but sadly from yourself...instead of an answer, you are only good value for an underhanded/sarcastic comment in a pathetic attempt to cause aggro. If anyone can answer the original question I would be grateful.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Now that's just a fabrication isn't it lol

I haven't made an underhanded comment, i agreed with you in all but naming and shaming. Answer to the original question, simple - so that they and their friend can win, is it worth it.....No but people will always try and find ways to go around the system

Really no need for charachter assasination as i didn't attack you, just pointed out the pitfall of naming and shaming people in public
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yawn Aces.........just Yawn. Thanks for your input though, I feel much better for it.....but no nearer the answer to my Question.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Didn't know you were serious about not knowing if this is cheating or i would have answered that first

Is it Cheating?

Yes

Why do people do it?

so that they and their friend can win

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Blatant Chip-Dropping/Dumping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick?:
    Yawn Aces.........just Yawn. Thanks for your input though, I feel much better for it.....but no nearer the answer to my Question.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Hey.....here is an answer for you FWIW. Why dont you and Aces get on a Omaha DYM table now and clear up?.
    There is obv attraction between you two and you will be able to feel each others cards across the love table!

On a more serious note, I would use the notes box facility and take action if you could see this kind of thing repeating itself with the same suspects. If you have names and game ID's noted, it will help your case if/or when you reported it to customer services.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Aces. I would never post the hand/details on here....Can I PM you the hand number, and you can honestly tell me what you think?

Cheers
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Blatant Chip-Dropping/Dumping in DYM (or any) Games....Is it Cheating? or am I Missing a Trick? : Hey.....here is an answer for you FWIW. Why dont you and Aces get on a Omaha DYM table now and clear up?. There is obv attraction between you two and you will be able to feel each others cards across the love table! On a more serious note, I would use the notes box facility and take action if you could see this kind of thing repeating itself with the same suspects. If you have names and game ID's noted, it will help your case if/or when you reported it to customer services.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    PMSL.....Pack it in Tom.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Aces. I would never post the hand/details on here....Can I PM you the hand number, and you can honestly tell me what you think? Cheers
    Posted by emilyegg
    I wouldn't be able to view it, only those involved in the hand would. If the hands look really off then i would report it to Customer services as this is most def cheating. They are able to check far more than just your game, they can see if these people ALWAYS play the same tournys and bounce chips to each other. If this is the case then they can ban the 2 from sitting together at a table or worst case they can ban the accounts from any activity.

Cheers for the nice reply as i really don't want to end up in a slanging match on the forum lol, honestly no attack meant on you just my opinion on naming and shaming. Your probably right, they could well be cheating but if this was allowed you could guarantee that for every true case put up there would be 2 innocent people being slated on the forum (again this not directed as an attack on you, just the plain truth about what would happen if people in general were allowed to do it)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fair Comment Aces. Cheers.
  • Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    I must admit to being naive but I had never thought of people chip dumping but I played 3 deep stacks yesterday. In one two players with average stacks raised and re-raised forcing others from the game then min bet to the river then one went all in with the winning hand and the other paid him off with Queen high making the other player the chip leader! At the time I just thought it was a very bad call now Im not to sure! I wish I had not read this post I think I was happier in blatant ignorance! :(
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    On reflection....I think after a spot of lunch, I will try and post the Hand on here......as long as I can remove the names. It would be interesting to see what people really think.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ???????? Small blind  100.00 100.00 1250.00
    emilyegg Big blind  200.00 300.00 2225.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

hit_man_uk Fold     
    mmmm???? Raise  600.00 900.00 5000.00
    ???????? All-in  1250.00 2150.00 0.00
    emilyegg Fold     
    mmmm???? Fold