You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

super nits

freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
i have had 2 days free of poker (bar freeroll on sunday only 20 mins lol) as i played alot at the start of the month and felt a bit burnt out.
i return tonight looking at putting in a 5/6 hour session but had to stop after just over 2 hours, my god that was boring, at first it was ok had boylebag and varney on 4/5 of my 7 tables so always some action going on.
these guys stood and for a hour nothing rearly happend on 6 of the 7 tables, wheres all the regs? ajs, offshoot, boonicon, gerard9, beaneh and a few others.
after i stood i thought was it me? no it wasnt, the avrage pot on near all tables at 100nl was lower than the av pot at 50nl, another thing, is it me or is traffic abit low on sky at the mo?

Comments

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2010
    I think they were all spending their time wisely in the TKO3 Roulette special... ok, perhaps not.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Well I know Boonicon has move his roll to another site for a while so you wont be seeing much of him in the near future.
  • Options
    ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited April 2010
    Yeah traffic is definitely down on here I think especially at 100NL, I was playing yesterday for about 3 hours starting around 4ish in the afternoon and not once was there more than 3 tables open. And thats including the people that sit down with £12!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: super nits:
    Yeah traffic is definitely down on here I think especially at 100NL, I was playing yesterday for about 3 hours starting around 4ish in the afternoon and not once was there more than 3 tables open. And thats including the people that sit down with £12!
    Posted by yb
    well i was on 7 and sat on the 8th table on my own for near an hour, its peak time should be at least 10 on the go.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    Well I know Boonicon has move his roll to another site for a while so you wont be seeing much of him in the near future.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    was chatting to boon on a nl10 hu table the other day, he said he was just clearing his acc as he had gone elsewhere.  Why is this? any idea?  Maybe its the whole rakeback saga or points etc.  The site he has gone to which I better not mention, I thouhgt was just full of rakebackers anyway but he must be getting good action I spose.  Maybe all the regs are following suit.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: super nits : was chatting to boon on a nl10 hu table the other day, he said he was just clearing his acc as he had gone elsewhere.  Why is this? any idea?  Maybe its the whole rakeback saga or points etc.  The site he has gone to which I better not mention, I thouhgt was just full of rakebackers anyway but he must be getting good action I spose.  Maybe all the regs are following suit.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I came across him by chance on this other site - now i have him buddy listed and can load all 6/7 of his tables up at once and suss him out :)

Can't watch more than 2 on sky :(

• Options
    7up7up Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    its the weather
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    ive been playing with gerrard9 on on around 5-6 50nl tables
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited April 2010
    been playing HU mostly just for an hour here or there. Too lazy/hungover to multitable this month.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    Too lazy to multitable this month.
    Posted by offshoot
    This.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    been playing HU mostly just for an hour here or there. Too lazy/hungover to multitable this month.
    Posted by offshoot

A month long hangover,  I thought mine were bad
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    so everyone is having a lazy month.
    my question is this, what should you do when a table nits up to the max? stand and find a beter game, or play very lose.
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited April 2010
    Play loose which in return starts too loosen the game up. The funny thing yesterday is that I was playing at a table with you and the 'regs' and you guys appeared every bit as nitty even though I know thats not your normal game.

But it's common sense, when you play a tight table your starting range opens up. When your starting range opens up opponents should then start playing back at you. 3bets flying all over the place then your in an interesting game. The downside to this is though is when that starts to happen your meant tighten up your starting range then everyone is back to square one.

But I take your point because every table needs a donk to loosen the game. People start squeezing to isolate and get HU with the donk. I'm sure you'll find your moments.

Your meant to stand and find a better game but there ain't many on this site espeically if your multitabling 7 or 8. which in my opinion is too many to actually start developing reads on whether to loosen or tighten your opening range.

GL
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i was the only player playing loose and was always running into big hands, nobody changed their game at all. 
    i remeber the table you was on and i think you raised twice preflop in a hour, anyway how did you finish up vs lolu the other night? i wanted to stay as i had a few good games going but was far too tired, it was half 4 ish. 
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i was the only player playing loose and was always running into big hands, nobody changed their game at all.  i remeber the table you was on and i think you raised twice preflop in a hour, anyway how did you finish up vs lolu the other night? i wanted to stay as i had a few good games going but was far too tired, it was half 4 ish. 
    Posted by freechips1
    Lol, a slight exaggertaion I think. Yeh it was quite early in the morning probably should have been in bed myself. I took him for about 600 but all was fine as he wipes him bum with that he told me, haha. I was only messing with him obviously i respect his game a lot and just fancied a bit of a laugh, I blame the wine

gl
  • Options
    BooniconBoonicon Member Posts: 130
    edited April 2010
    HI Mate,

After telling everyone that I won't be aorund for a bit I have actually decided to leave a bit of cash in here, and a bit in other site.  So I will be about again.  However, your list of 'where are they' players in your first post here is basically a list of people I don't want to see on my cash tables.  Surely its great if none of those regs are about?  I certainly don't get any money from any of them, lets make the most of it.

Ben
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    I wish Beaneh would migrate to another site.... he is such a rock... always munching on the free-roaming donks.... leaving no meat for the rest of us.... so selfish Bean.. nit
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    HI Mate, After telling everyone that I won't be aorund for a bit I have actually decided to leave a bit of cash in here, and a bit in other site.  So I will be about again.  However, your list of 'where are they' players in your first post here is basically a list of people I don't want to see on my cash tables.  Surely its great if none of those regs are about?  I certainly don't get any money from any of them, lets make the most of it. Ben
    Posted by Boonicon
    you would think with no regs it would be great, but no action last night at all, everyone just waiting for the nuts.
    when you have a few regs at least you see a 3bet now an then, the avrage pot on all the tables was around £12 some as low as £6, on 50nl the avrage pot was close to £15 on most tables.
    if its nit city again tonight i will move stakes but not sure what way,lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: super nits : you would think with no regs it would be great, but no action last night at all, everyone just waiting for the nuts. when you have a few regs at least you see a 3bet now an then, the avrage pot on all the tables was around £12 some as low as £6, on 50nl the avrage pot was close to £15 on most tables. if its nit city again tonight i will move stakes but not sure what way,lol.
    Posted by freechips1
    Can I ask how you manage to open so many windows as I would love to do this myself but can't get more than 2 open. Do you have some kind of super computer. Or is it a simple as a broser change or something.

thx
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i have no idea im no good with computers, i know omahoneyo has a good computer so best asking him.  mine starts to slow down when i have 9 tables open but runs 8 ok, im sure omahineyo can have 20 tables open.