You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Giving Up

BooniconBoonicon Member Posts: 130
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Poker has done a massive carp on my heart.  I am having the worst, never ending, downswing of my life.  No matter what I do, or how well I play, I cannot turn a profit.  Becasue of this I have left 2k in my account and I am going to try to build this at 25/50nl.  Unfortunatly if this doesn't work, I might have to cut my losses. 

I don't want to bore anyone, but if you havn't seen how bad I am running this is quite a good beat story:  Big 3 bet pre with qq.  Flop comes 2 4 Q.  Opponent bets, I re raise, call.  Turn 5.  Bet, All in, Call.  River 3. Opponent Has AK.  Bye bye £400. 

See you all at the 25/50 tables! 

Comments

• Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited April 2010
    its a bad run m8, it will end soon and you will be back to 100/200nl.
    its a good job you decided the 5% bankroll rule was no good as you would of prob went busto.#
    gl m8 and im sure i will see you soon, have a few days away from poker spend the weekend in the pub.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited April 2010
    Same here, since about Christmas time. Even though I play within a strict 5% buy-in rule it's still hard to see one's profit dribbling away. I've just cashed out for the first time and will take a break (or try to, I still love the game).

GL Booni.

• Options
    sim75sim75 Member Posts: 282
    edited April 2010
    hi m8
    i know what your saying im to really struggling on here and decided that once my br has gone on this site (not a big one either now) im off to play another for a while i love the peeps on this site but been out drawn every hand when miles a head is just no funny sky seems to reward some seriously dodgey play people hitting one outers so many times but as you can see so many of the regs have either left this site or on long term breaks so i just want to say gl for the future
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    Boon keep your spirits up... be optimistic... it'l turn around mate as you are a solid poker player.. You'll be back on top in no time. :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,970
    edited April 2010

GL Boony.

Variance is an ugly & fickle mistress at times.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited April 2010
    Hi M8

Not going to bore you with as long as ur goig in ahead blah, blah blah, you hve been playing long enough to know all this...

I've played against you many times, how about limiting the amount of tables you play at once? Not sure how many you do normally but half that and it may get better.

If you feel like your playing poker just for the sake of playing then DONT!, take a break and come back when you WANT to play. You will know when the time is right, trust me I have done this loads of times and every time I do it within 2 or 3 days of coming back I cash big.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

Bad news for you = bad news for me and the other nl50 guys.

Just get rid of you, offshoot and bigshann - the tables are alot easier again, and you're back!!!

Only a matter of time till it goes the right way again, gl m8

DOHH
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Giving Up:
    Same here, since about Christmas time. Even though I play within a strict 5% buy-in rule it's still hard to see one's profit dribbling away. I've just cashed out for the first time and will take a break (or try to, I still love the game). GL Booni.  
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I didnt think you worried about proffit Noseybonk.

Such a good looking guy as yourself would easily recoup any losses by hiring yourself out as a Gigolo part time in the evenings.

Any losses made at the poker table would pale in to insignificance at the massive expected income from your part time job.

I heard they were planning a remake of Baywatch, surely a new opportunity awaits there as well!
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited April 2010
    Like you said if your still playing well it seems like your getting a few bad beats as we all know this won,t last for ever.

I got busted on AA 3 times last night but knew i had played it right . I would have been more annoyed if i,d made a mistake but knew this was just bad luck.

I did take a short break last month as after a few bad beats i let it get to me and started chasing money back by changing my game and playing much looser and chasing cards. It didnt work

When i started again after my break i reverted back to my normal game and played with a bit more discipline and started to enjoy it again and haven,t looked back since

I normally play lower stakes than you but have played you a few times and have got you down in my notes as a decent player and compared to most you should be winning on this site

Don,t let the bad beats get to you - thing off the long term - MP33
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Giving Up : I didnt think you worried about proffit Noseybonk. Such a good looking guy as yourself would easily recoup any losses by hiring yourself out as a Gigolo part time in the evenings. Any losses made at the poker table would pale in to insignificance at the massive expected income from your part time job. I heard they were planning a remake of Baywatch, surely a new opportunity awaits there as well!
    Posted by Hale72
    I've got to the point where I'm tired of being used by women for .. ahem .. 'extreme romance' .. just because of my looks. I need something more meaningful so I can be happy.

Actually what am I thinking of - good plan Hales!
  • Options
    ALIVEHAT60ALIVEHAT60 Member Posts: 125
    edited April 2010

I'm sure you're not boring anyone 'Boonicon' EVERYONE! likes to hear a good sob story,it's a funny thing, it's a bit like someone slipping over on a banana skin and we all laugh? because our insecurities make us happy it's them and not us.You have probably cheered a lot of people up actually because it's you a supposedly good playee??? bemoaning their luck. Seriously I do hope your luck changes.                                                       GL Sigmond F

• Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited April 2010
    I've got a list as long as my arm of people who are running seemingly impossibly bad at Sky at the moment.,.... myself included.  I've just withdrawn half my roll here (what's left of it) and am considering my options.  Every time i think the run-bad must be over i lose another few buyins to another few suckouts and bad calls...... without winning a relative number of hands.  I don't have an accurate daily winrate but i would think.... without exageration it would say:

WWWLLWWLWWLWLWWLWWWWLLWWLLWWWLWWWWWWLWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

And i don't think i've been tilting or playing terribly to warrant such losses..... which i guess amount to around 30+ buyins in a very small number of hands.

Whilst typing this i just got 2 outered on a different site so maybe it's not just sky lol.....but i'm taking a break from here all the same for a while until i hear some of the regs are winning again and the miracles stop hitting.

gla
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    Add me to your list Cottlad.
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2010
    join the club( although on a slightly lower level!!!!)
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010
    I'm on the list :(

Can't buy a win on cash and can't shift the downward momentum. Gonna be glad to get back to work so I have less hours of temptation to lose in.
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited April 2010
    anyone for a game of darts!!!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

Anyone running good????
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited April 2010
    Anyone running good????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    All those that took up the game in the last fortnight
    All migrants from Sky Bingo
    All those with an IQ of 40 or less

........ apart from that NO!

• Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited April 2010
    Anyone running good????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ahhh i remember those days, hope they come back soon
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited April 2010
    WOW

All this negativey - someone out there must be winning - anyone?