You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V GROW? view a summary of the ideas so far in open page!

IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

IN SUMMARY THE GOOD CHEAP IDEAS SO FAR 

1. STOP ALL THE REPEATS /  THEY ARE STOPPING VIEWERS FROM TUNING IN TO SKYPOKER T.V 

2. REPLACE REPEATS WITH THE SHOWING OF MORE LOW LEVEL STAKE GAMES NO COMMENTARY NEEDED ,

HENCE THIS WILL ENCOURAGE GUYS/GALS TO TELL THEIR MATES TUNE IN TO SKYPOKER T.V

AND WATCH THEM ON T.V .

3. HAVE A T.V SCHEDULE IN OPEN WEBSITE PAGE SO GUYS/GALS WILL KNOW WHAT LEVEL

GAME EACH HOUR OF THE DAY WILL BE SHOWN ON T.V,

BY DOING THIS THEY CAN SHOW THEIR MATES THEIR BLUFFS /BADBEATS   CASHES /WINS .

4. TRY MOVE THE CHANNEL CLOSER TO SPORTS CHANNEL IF POSSIBLE .

5. MAKE THE CHANNEL A FREEVIEW ONE  IF POSSIBLE .

AS IDEAS COME IN I WILL POST THE EASY CHEAP OPTIONS ONES UP .

TOPLESS FEMALE PRESENTERS A GOOD IDEA BUT THINK OF THE HEATING BILL !

irishraver just showed me a email skypoker research team have sent her .

with very in depth  questions mostly about the t.v shows ,

i fear for some of  our good mates,

the sky poker annalists and presenters,

so if anyone has ideas,

in how to generate more traffic for this t.v channel.

post it up here you never know,

it may be the idea to generate more traffic for skypoker

and the tv shows.

sometimes the silly ideas are the best ones so don't be shy !

Comments

• Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited April 2010
    In Response to A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
      irishraver just showed me a email skypoker research team have sent her .  with very in depth  questions mostly about the t.v shows ,  i fear for some of  our good mates,  the sky poker annalists and presenters,  so if anyone has ideas,  in how to generate more traffic for this t.v channel.  post it up here you never know,  it may be the idea to generate more traffic for skypoker  and the tv show.  sometimes the silly ideas are the best ones so don't be shy !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Topless female presenters usually works.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010

I reckon if it's SKY poker, they need to get off channel 865 and as near to the sports channels as possible.  I've just looked and channel 407 is free on sky.  That would get loads more traffic to the site from casual users of sky tv.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
    In Response to A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? : Topless female presenters usually works.
    Posted by Seagull158
    thats a silly one ,

and would defo work lol !
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW?:
    I reckon if it's SKY poker, they need to get off channel 865 and as near to the sports channels as possible.  I've just looked and channel 407 is free on sky.  That would get loads more traffic to the site from casual users of sky tv.
    Posted by phil12uk

This is a great idea phil !
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    Just show games throughout the night, like they do on 166, or used to....

You can run hours n hours of micro stakes sit n goes, the 30p dyms etc - the 30p bounty hunters, these guys never get on tv.

Show constant cash games - the mastercash tables, run every hand throughout the night with an hour delay.

If people object to their hands being shown constantly - then they wont play the tv tables. 

The guys who play low stakes for fun, rather than mid/high for profit would love this im sure.

No commentary needed - if theres a repeat on, i wont watch sky poker. If there ANYTHING on I havent seen before, especially after midnight and through the day on weekdays - ill watch it.

If there are no MC tables running thru the night, show action from through the day.

It cant be very expensive to show a table running no stop with no commentary? - Can it?

• Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited April 2010
    donkeys with acne ,advertising the fact, that at skypoker any 2 cards usually win...pimples.
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited April 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    *****POST OF THE WEEK*****
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Just show games throughout the night, like they do on 166, or used to.... You can run hours n hours of micro stakes sit n goes, the 30p dyms etc - the 30p bounty hunters, these guys never get on tv. Show constant cash games - the mastercash tables, run every hand throughout the night with an hour delay. If people object to their hands being shown constantly - then they wont play the tv tables.  The guys who play low stakes for fun, rather than mid/high for profit would love this im sure. No commentary needed - if theres a repeat on, i wont watch sky poker. If there ANYTHING on I havent seen before, especially after midnight and through the day on weekdays - ill watch it. If there are no MC tables running thru the night, show action from through the day. It cant be very expensive to show a table running no stop with no commentary? - Can it?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    some good ideas there doh,

to  elaborate on one of them :

select a group level and if one had a daily showing schedule,

example :  1.00 pm  micro stake cash/mtt/ s&g

3.00 pm  low stake  cash/mtt/s&g

and so on ,

as you say no commentary fills it in cheaply .

this may generate more frequent viewing for skypoker tv,

hence may have a knock on affect to  make viewing live shows  more popular .

i do feel the constant repeating of shows is turning away punters and viewers !

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

Yes, sky definitely seem to have gone for quality, rather than quantity. And quite rightly so I'm sure 99% of members would prefer it this way.......

But.....

Is it not possible to have both?  :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yes, sky definitely seem to have gone for quality, rather than quantity. And quite rightly so I'm sure 99% of members would prefer it this way....... But..... Is it not possible to have both?  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

what if quantity between hours of 12 mid night - 7pm 

and quality 7pm- 12 mid night ?

7 days a week !
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited April 2010
    to get bigger sky imo has 2 try ang get more people from other countrys... theres nothing better than taking yanks money lol, if it was me id try china , have u seen them gamble!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

to get bigger sky imo has 2 try ang get more people from other countrys... theres nothing better than taking yanks money lol, if it was me id try china , have u seen them gamble!!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

n1 mick ,

1.6 billon population between usa and china ,

i am sure they could find some fish in that lot for us lol !

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: A SCARY SKYPOKER SURVEY / HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS TO HELP SKYPOKER T.V SURVIVE AND GROW? :   n1 mick ,   1.6 billon population between usa and china ,  i am sure they could find some fish in that lot for us lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    It is against the law to use internet poker sites in the USA, i know the big sites have got around this by making them all canadians or something, you used to get little USA flags at the side of the players names but now its row upon row of blank flags, however sky seem to be whiter that white so dont 'do' America
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited April 2010
    Id watch the channel all the time, but with virgin now so cant, Ive got the full sky sports package and reallythink this could be includedin that.  Watching iton the pc just isnt the same and it slows my tables down
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited April 2010
    stop showing replay after replay of the open and primo etc....like dohhhh says just show cash games instead of replays
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited April 2010
    Great shout on the channel 407 idea! I think casual viewers channel hopping would see it, possibly get an interest and hey ho more new players!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited April 2010
    put the fluppin thing on freeview so that anyone can watch it---then it might actually generate buisness for the site
  • Options
    Jay1642Jay1642 Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I got that survey too.

I said they need to improve the actual software first and foremost.  None of this struggling to get on a table and the computer freezing if you multi-table, can't be that difficult to copy the market leaders with the resources Sky have.  They make a mint, the amount they are expanding.  Know it wasn't the subject of the survey but took the opportunity to mention it.

The tv shows are great but they've really been cut back on from how they used to be and the constant repeats annoy me totally.

Why don't they just listen to the ideas that float round here more?
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I got that survey too. I said they need to improve the actual software first and foremost.  None of this struggling to get on a table and the computer freezing if you multi-table, can't be that difficult to copy the market leaders with the resources Sky have.  They make a mint, the amount they are expanding.  Know it wasn't the subject of the survey but took the opportunity to mention it. The tv shows are great but they've really been cut back on from how they used to be and the constant repeats annoy me totally. Why don't they just listen to the ideas that float round here more?
    Posted by Jay1642
    totally agree, well said
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    Hi Rover

As I understand it, Sky Poker are in the process of setting on extra presenter(s), I would have thought imo that the presenters are safe and may even suggest something is in the pipeline, this is course just an observation :)