You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Dave asks "What Would You Do?" - 15/04/10

2»

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010
    We've folded to his 3 bets a lot, now we've shown resistance pre flop and again post flop and he still shoves.  Sometimes we need to take in this information and realise that even villains can get decent hands.  He could well be drawing as well but if that's the case then he could well have the higher flush draw and still have us crushed. I fold and wait again. 

I agree with Offshoot that we need a plan if we're gonna just raise and then fold on the flop. Therefore, I mix up more pre flop vs villain and change his comfort zone as he's controlling me too much at the moment.
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Dave asks "What Would You Do?" - 15/04/10:
    We've folded to his 3 bets a lot, now we've shown resistance pre flop and again post flop and he still shoves.  Sometimes we need to take in this information and realise that even villains can get decent hands.  He could well be drawing as well but if that's the case then he could well have the higher flush draw and still have us crushed. I fold and wait again.  I agree with Offshoot that we need a plan if we're gonna just raise and then fold on the flop. Therefore, I mix up more pre flop vs villain and change his comfort zone as he's controlling me too much at the moment.
    Posted by phil12uk
    IMO i dont think we can fold in this spot as we only need 34.63% equity to call,even against a very strong range such as QQ,88,55,AsKs and AQ we still have 40.45% equity...what range do you put him on that you think it is a fold?
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Dave asks "What Would You Do?" - 15/04/10 : IMO i dont think we can fold in this spot as we only need 34.63% equity to call,even against a very strong range such as QQ,88,55,AsKs and AQ we still have 40.45% equity...what range do you put him on that you think it is a fold?
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    Fold here, we still have £86 in front of us.  Why gamble?
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Dave asks "What Would You Do?" - 15/04/10 : Fold here, we still have £86 in front of us.  Why gamble?
    Posted by phil12uk
    If this was a tourny then you probably could fold as you could find a better spot...but as this is a cash game i never fold if i think its +ev to call, alot of people think if they fold small +ev edges then their variance wont be that high but if you fold +ev edges then your winrate will suffer meaning you get more variance in the long run. 
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited April 2010
    dont understand why you would ever fold if you have a +EV edge, no matter how small... although rake should be considered. Why gamble? poker is gambling... AA v KK preflop... gambling with your 80% chance of winning, can't always have ya opponent drawing dead!