You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post)

Comments

• lelliottlelliott Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2014
    r Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    steveysee Small blind 600.00 600.00 56436.00
    lelliott Big blind 1200.00 1800.00 33654.63
      Your hole cards
    A
    Q

leight1993 Fold
    _PANDORA_ Fold
    steveysee Raise 1800.00 3600.00 54636.00
    lelliott All-in 33654.63 37254.63 0.00
    steveysee All-in 54636.00 91890.63 0.00
    steveysee Unmatched bet 22181.37 69709.26 22181.37
    steveysee Show
    A
    K
    lelliott Show
    A
    Q
    Flop

J

Turn

River

Q

steveysee Win Straight to the Ace 69709.26 91890.63
    Very deep in £10 bounty hunter. villain kept stealing blinds . I went all in with jj he had 56o to win his head prize but he hit a miracle flop and hit the straight. A few hands later we are down to 8 players he raises my blind so i shove with AQ. He shows Ak and after the flop i am running dead. Was this the correct call or should have i flat call.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    edited November 2014
    In Response to poor play or standard:
    r Action Cards Amount Pot Balance steveysee Small blind 600.00 600.00 56436.00 lelliott Big blind 1200.00 1800.00 33654.63   Your hole cards A Q       leight1993 Fold _PANDORA_ Fold steveysee Raise 1800.00 3600.00 54636.00 lelliott All-in 33654.63 37254.63 0.00 steveysee All-in 54636.00 91890.63 0.00 steveysee Unmatched bet 22181.37 69709.26 22181.37 steveysee Show A K lelliott Show A Q Flop     5 10 J       Turn     10       River     Q       steveysee Win Straight to the Ace 69709.26 91890.63 Very deep in £10 bounty hunter. villain kept stealing blinds . I went all in with jj he had 56o to win his head prize but he hit a miracle flop and hit the straight. A few hands later we are down to 8 players he raises my blind so i shove with AQ. He shows Ak and after the flop i am running dead. Was this the correct call or should have i flat call.
    Posted by lelliott
    Hi Lelliott,

It depends on your stack size, but it looks correct to me to just shove in, & if he is one spot better, it's just one of those things. It would be criminal to flat call or fold there.  You are crushing his "assumed range" in this spot.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post):
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : Ive found this a lot in sit n gos. Its amazing how many times when the cards flip and you have a hand absolutely mashed and or dominated ie ak vs aj etc and the chip leader will hit and knock you out ive seen it a million times. I wonder whether theres an algarythm written in the programmes to get these tournaments ended so players start a new sit n go hence more registration money for the website. This makes great business sense for all poker running companies
    Posted by pacificjoe
    no it doesn't 
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : Ive found this a lot in sit n gos. Its amazing how many times when the cards flip and you have a hand absolutely mashed and or dominated ie ak vs aj etc and the chip leader will hit and knock you out ive seen it a million times. I wonder whether theres an algarythm written in the programmes to get these tournaments ended so players start a new sit n go hence more registration money for the website. This makes great business sense for all poker running companies
    Posted by pacificjoe
    Yup I agree it makes huge sense for a multi-million/billion pound corperations to risk their organisation facing a massive law suit by cheating people they have no interest in out of money.
  • pacificjoepacificjoe Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : Yup I agree it makes huge sense for a multi-million/billion pound corperations to risk their organisation facing a massive law suit by cheating people they have no interest in out of money.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    no one specifically is being cheated F Ivanovic however this algrythm written into a program allows the sit n go to end sooner therefore encouraging people to register for another sit n go. It generates extra millions in income every year. It could never ever be proved hence why there would never be a lawsuit however its a great business model for any poker site
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : no one specifically is being cheated F Ivanovic however this algrythm written into a program allows the sit n go to end sooner therefore encouraging people to register for another sit n go. It generates extra millions in income every year. It could never ever be proved hence why there would never be a lawsuit however its a great business model for any poker site
    Posted by pacificjoe
    how do you know this?
  • TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2014
    It could be proved.

Very easily.

Compare expected results with actual results over a large sample.

Plenty of underhandedness has been exposed through database analysis.

No site has ever been found to have a 'dodgy' rng despite players being incentivised to spot, exploit or expose such a rng and many having the databases to do so.

• TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2014
    And risking being found to have manipulated results to genetate more rake is a terrible business model for a poker site lol.

• pacificjoepacificjoe Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2014
    And risking being found to have manipulated results to genetate more rake is a terrible business model for a poker site lol.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I think everybody commenting is missing the most important point here which is NOBODY specifically gets ripped off therefore there are no graphs of manipulation. All that happens is that sit n gos end earlier please read and understand what is being said
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014
    You're all at sea, pacificjoe.
  • jondayjonday Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    how do i start playing on 500 points ?
  • sue720sue720 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    THIS POKER SITE IS SO RIGGED THE GOV SHOULD  BE LOOKING INTO IT RIPPING PPL OFF EVERY TIME
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,013
    edited March 2015
    THIS POKER SITE IS SO RIGGED THE GOV SHOULD  BE LOOKING INTO IT RIPPING PPL OFF EVERY TIME
    Posted by sue720
    Didn't you know its election year?
    Gov far too busy !!

Nice 1st post btw.
  • brengunbrengun Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : Didn't you know its election year? Gov far too busy !! Nice 1st post btw.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I AGREE ITS RIGGED TO GET DONE IN EVERY TORNI WITH A RIVER CARD OR RUNNER RUNNER IS TO MUCH IVE PLAYED POKER FOR MANY YEARS FOR REAL AND IT JUST DOSENT HAPPEN ON THAT SCALE
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Welcome to The Poker Clinic (please read before you post) : I AGREE ITS RIGGED TO GET DONE IN EVERY TORNI WITH A RIVER CARD OR RUNNER RUNNER IS TO MUCH IVE PLAYED POKER FOR MANY YEARS FOR REAL AND IT JUST DOSENT HAPPEN ON THAT SCALE
    Posted by brengun
    Fire more bullets
  • montydavemontydave Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2015
    can any one give me sky phone number as i cannot get on any tables

edited June 2015
    any one got number for sky
    edited June 2015
    any one got number for sky
    Posted by montydave
    Theres a "Contact Us" link at bottom of page.
    edited September 2015
    whuy does main pagr say no poker tourneys
  • pkr62pkr62 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    ive been playing poker for the last 35 years, just closed my pkr account after 5 years. just wanted to say that internet poker is 100% pure luck, if youb can bluff you can win if not stay away, im sick of these so called sky poker stars saying its not.