You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My next move?

Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
pokerroy Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.04
Dudeskin8 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.43
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

lou121 Fold     
usoges24 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.80
nitronel Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.97
timoth1964 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £1.38
pokerroy Call  £0.02 £0.20 £3.02
Dudeskin8 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £4.19
usoges24 Call  £0.24 £0.68 £2.56
nitronel Call  £0.24 £0.92 £2.73
timoth1964 Fold     
pokerroy Call  £0.24 £1.16 £2.78
Flop

Standard 4 NL table from what I'd seen so far limp, limp, limp. Happy to get aces but in the big blind makes it a lot harder especially on these tables. Decided to make it 6x as wanted to keep at least one but clearly 8-10x would have been better.

So basically now I'm in this spot, £1.16 in the middle what is the best bet to make ?

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2010

I'd just move all in - theyll call with loads of hands ur beating.

Look how many times the word "call" is quoted in that hand history, and thats only pre flop.......ugh ! 

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Well anyways I did go all-in as you said and got called by 9 10o and A3hh, 910o getting Backdoor FH lol. Just wanted to make sure I was playing it right. Knew I was getting called by a draw, but had my money in as a favorite. Maybe not against two hands but still good lol.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2010

Ya I cant rly comment on this limit, as its a different game, when I play down there its just for abit of fun with a mate or something.......so the buy in doesn't really hurt me, if I lose a few....

Probably best waiting for some lower stakes players to answer, as the situations you find yourself in are different at that level...so I spose the decisions and plays will be different. 

If Durrr came played 40nl with me, and he had aces  on a 6 8 9 flop 4 handed, I can't see him folding ever....

But if it was a 500/1k game, against the big boys 300xbb deep - 4 handed to the flop....it wud be another story....lol

I'da raised more pre tho....but u already noted that yourself...ul m8 - playing orfordable tonight I think so cya there
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yh, tbh it's just wait for a hand get paid and go lol. The raise PF defo should have been more tho as I was OOP and needed to thin the field a lot more than I did.

Good luck in the Orfordable later.

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited May 2010
    At this level, players call with any old rubbish, it really is hard to knock them off  pre flop, and almost impossible to knock em off a gutshot draw, and impossible to knock em off an open ended draw. I really cant see what you could have done different apart from all in, but you would have been gutted if they had all folded then. Ive done this myself at those stakes, and am pulling my hair out at the amount of callers i got!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move?:
    At this level, players call with any old rubbish, it really is hard to knock them off  pre flop, and almost impossible to knock em off a gutshot draw, and impossible to knock em off an open ended draw. I really cant see what you could have done different apart from all in, but you would have been gutted if they had all folded then. Ive done this myself at those stakes, and am pulling my hair out at the amount of callers i got!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Trust me that would have been heaven, take down the pot and move on.
  • Options
    Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited May 2010

I play this level and to my shame, can't crack it.  Like looney says you are not going to knock players off preflop so I raise less, this is probaly a wrong on my part?  I would move all in after the flop since you have them covered and get ready to reload when the inevitable happens.  My only suprise is someone didn't call preflop with 96!!!

• Options
    edited May 2010
    I play this level and to my shame, can't crack it.  Like looney says you are not going to knock players off preflop so I raise less, this is probaly a wrong on my part?  I would move all in after the flop since you have them covered and get ready to reload when the inevitable happens.  My only suprise is someone didn't call preflop with 96!!!
    Posted by Patching99
    There are players at this level who just bleed money, not a lot ofcourse lol, but still they just load up call an all in with J2 lose, reload do the same again etc . I often wonder if they are even enjoying it.
  • Options
    Patching99Patching99 Member Posts: 446
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : There are players at this level who just bleed money, not a lot ofcourse lol, but still they just load up call an all in with J2 lose, reload do the same again etc . I often wonder if they are even enjoying it.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah i will never understand why people load with 40p then go all in immediately.  You just need to hope you get a half decent hand before someone else takes the money
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    really need to be raising more preflop to avoid this, i think 40p sounds good.
    On the flop i would just bet £1. Dont really like the over bet pot shove.
    You have to be really worried that you dont hold the best hand here with only the over pair.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    really need to be raising more preflop to avoid this, i think 40p sounds good. On the flop i would just bet £1. Dont really like the over bet pot shove. You have to be really worried that you dont hold the best hand here with only the over pair.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    So you bet £1 then fold to raise ? And what happens when scare card comes on turn, just give up ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : So you bet £1 then fold to raise ? And what happens when scare card comes on turn, just give up ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yea i would probably fold to a raise, depends on a ton of factors though obvs. Scare card on turn, would depend on how many players left in the pot. If it's just like 1 then i would just bet/fold. Or obvs if pot committed would have to get it in. I just dont really like over bets with hands like just an over pair, such good chance you are beat on that board.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    Bet and dont fold. arrrrrrr eeeeeeeeeeeen

make it more pre. and just keep doing this to make money :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : Yea i would probably fold to a raise, depends on a ton of factors though obvs. Scare card on turn, would depend on how many players left in the pot. If it's just like 1 then i would just bet/fold. Or obvs if pot committed would have to get it in. I just dont really like over bets with hands like just an over pair, such good chance you are beat on that board.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Sets, 2 pairs, STRAIGHTS ??? You really consider these possibilities ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: My next move? : Sets, 2 pairs, STRAIGHTS ??? You really consider these possibilities ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Considering there are 3 other players in the pot then yes... that's why you should raise more preflop, get yaself heads up. I dont really understand how you can not consider these possibilities.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited May 2010
    you cant fold this at these stakes ever

far to many hands call you that you crush

keep raising big pre (even more maybe) and betting out strong most flops
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited May 2010
    Yeah I agree with the majority of posts on here...like you said Re raise higher pre flop. I'd actually either bet the pot or push on the flop like you did at these stakes..

Too be honest though, like others have said...these are the kind of stakes where you will get donks drawing all the time. It just happens...Good luck man.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well the over-riding factor is raise more pre. This was my first cash session for quite a while so didn't quite know how much it took to make people fold, clearly i know that now. I do admit I knew I was getting called by at least one player, maybe two but unfortunatly I'm just not that good a player to be able to not go all-in at this stage.

Anyway thanks for all the replies.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    When you got it in on the flop these are the % chances of winning for each player's hand:

AA 39.9%
    T9o 23.8%
    Ah3h 36.3%

You are ahead in this situation so it's great. My problem is that you could easily be up against stronger hands than this in other situations.

Im not saying bet fold because it depends on a load of factors, but i am saying be very wary on this flop, but still obvs bet out strong and see how the other players react.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yh I know 40% isn't anything to go crazy over ofcourse, but I figured unless they've flopped a 48-1 shot two pair, or even less likely the flopped str8 I am still ahead, and if they want to call on a draw surely this is what I want ?

But also if I limit it to one caller preflop I'm an even bigger favorite.