You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is this "getoffable"?

GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i almost found the fold button,,,,, almost!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
richtea Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £19.60
ipembs13 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £64.01
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

mortyy Fold     
GREGHOGG Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £33.59
XXXXXXXXCall  £0.60 £1.50 £33.50
richtea Call  £0.50 £2.00 £19.10
ipembs13 Call  £0.40 £2.40 £63.61
Flop

richtea Check     
ipembs13 Bet  £2.40 £4.80 £61.21
GREGHOGG Call  £2.40 £7.20 £31.19
XXXXXXXXAll-in  £33.50 £40.70 £0.00
richtea Fold     
ipembs13 Fold     
GREGHOGG Call  £31.10 £71.80 £0.09
GREGHOGG Show
  • K
  • K

XXXXXXXXShow
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

XXXXXXXXWin Pair of Aces £70.00  £70.00

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    is a fold too tight?
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited May 2010
    CALL CALL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    why do you flat the flop if you are willing to get it in anyway :S
  • Options
    BooniconBoonicon Member Posts: 130
    edited May 2010
    I cant ever see a fold here Greg.  With pre flop play I dont put him on aces, but with your potential extension I think a fold is too tight yeah.  They are not doing this with made nut flush so I dont think you can be too worried
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited May 2010
    I get stacked here Greg.  He's made a lovely flat pre to totally disguise his hand.  I would also of initially raised the first bettor on the flop which would have given me pause for fault when I get shoved on but I think a call is still correct.  It's just lovely play and a perfect flop for the villain.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited May 2010
    your raise preflop was not enough gregg me personally i raise more pre flop with premium hands  then the standerd 3 x big blinds u do in tourneys  that flop u dont know where u are but u was unlucky the villain played it perfect  just calling your raise and not re raiseing u better luck next time
  • Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    pretty sure i'm folding this 150bb deep given action at 20nl personally but a call is understandable
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    Wow unlucky there gregg i cant really see a fold there, i agree maybe raise the initial raiser on the flop but still cant fold when the guy shoves. Tbh if i was villian i would be thinking how sweet would it be for the guy to have KK with a diamond,ones of those hands with the flop that are designed for someone to stack off.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2010
    With the King of diamonds, I snap.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: is this "getoffable"?:
    why do you flat the flop if you are willing to get it in anyway :S
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes i would normally raise here and perhaps should have, but i flatted because i didnt want to scare off the guy that bet out 2.40. He was very very agro, and would have hapilly fired another two streets with air and i would have got paid.

The villian was lucky that he didnt lose his customer and that he got me to call his massive reshove. i hadnt really noticed him tbh. (in hindsight he is obviously a bit of a shark) 

I was so close to folding, but just clicked call as the timer was running out! a bit more time to think and i might have chucked it! (im such a nit!)

As for not raising X3 with premium hands, well i vary my raise sizes, so sometimes ill raise X3 sometimes X4, or more (for disguise) Normally im fairly comfortable folding a massive hand like this if i get the right signals so i dont think the preflop raise size matters a great deal.  But in this case i guess this a real cooler. im still hurting having called off 150 bbs with 2 outs though! i hate calling massive bets like this and i could never put him on AA with A diamonds. well played villian.

thank you everyone for your comments.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: is this "getoffable"? : Yes i would normally raise here and perhaps should have, but i flatted because i didnt want to scare off the guy that bet out 2.40. He was very very agro, and would have hapilly fired another two streets with air and i would have got paid. The villian was lucky that he didnt lose his customer and that he got me to call his massive reshove. i hadnt really noticed him tbh. (in hindsight he is obviously a bit of a shark)  I was so close to folding, but just clicked call as the timer was running out! a bit more time to think and i might have chucked it! As for not raising X3 with premium hands, well i vary my raise sizes, so sometimes ill raise X3 sometimes X4, or more (for disguise) Normally im fairly comfortable folding a massive hand like this if i get the right signals so i dont think the preflop raise size matters a great deal.  But in this case i guess this a real cooler. im still hurting having called off 150 bbs with 2 outs though! i hate calling massive bets like this and i could never put him on AA with A diamonds. well played villian. thank you everyone for your comments.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    After last night i also no your a fan of the min raise late in tournies...even though your friend isn't ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: is this "getoffable"? : After last night i also no your a fan of the min raise late in tournies...even though your friend isn't ;)
    Posted by robc
    lol, i only min raised to annoy chompy!! (and because it was correct in those situations) and yes, in certian situations the min raise is effective imo but chompers hates it in all scenarios

each to their own
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    you're calling off 150bb on 2nd nut flush draw...yes its getoffable!

you are only beating 3 hands far as i can see Ad8x, AdTx, Ad4x. Hes never shoving with with worse unless u have reads hes a maniac. wait for a better spot
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lol i agreed with you as the table was so tight the min raise was just as effective as a 3x imo
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited May 2010
    I cant ever see a fold here Greg.  With pre flop play I dont put him on aces, but with your potential extension I think a fold is too tight yeah.  They are not doing this with made nut flush so I dont think you can be too worried
    Posted by Boonicon
    I agree here greg, u have the k dimonds and im happy 2 get it in on this flop. You were just unlucky and i like the flat call by the villian with AA pre flop especially if you say the other guy has been a bit crazy
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited May 2010
    Could of played the hand 3/4 different ways, but at the end of the day AA v KK all the money would of gone in at some point !!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2010
    Im never folding this in a cash game thats within my bankroll....
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    Im never folding this in a cash game thats within my bankroll....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    so you're saying you know ur getting it in bad? know u need to hit but u willing to go on a fish for it if its not for too much money?
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2010

Post reads and previous battles with villain, if you dont have any pay more attention.

Raise flop, only ever folding if villain is a rock and we are deep.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2010

Well im gonna assume I have 9 outs twice, even against sets, whats what 36%?- Minus whatever it is for him to fill up - yeh im happy to take that chance - im ahead lots of the time against the bare ace, or ace ten, JJ with a diamond, QQ with a diamond....

What Im saying is Im comfortable making the call. If I know Im ahead 5 times, and behind 5 times, Ill call 10 times - coz im never THAT far behind unless he has the 1 hand that it turned out he had.

Just ul. Rebuy. Game on.

Edit it wud be 9 outs once and 8 outs once? so 34% ?