You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bankroll Withdrawals

CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
How do you regs manage your bankroll withdrawals?

At the moment I'm probably playing below my roll. Playing 25/50p when I'm probably more rolled for 50/1 but I still prefer to play 50nl most of the time, taking the odd shot on 50/1 when I see a soft table.

Do you set targets for withdrawals for lump sums? Make regular withdrawals? I'm not sure what the best policy is.

I've withdrawn pretty much my whole roll 3 times this year and built it up again from very little, not sure whether to make another lump withdrawal or just keep the money in and make withdrawals when it reaches certain landmarks etc.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited August 2009
    I don't manage my bankroll withdrawals because I never make any.

I wonder if that's a hint...
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    I have a set balance which I use as my playing bankroll......e.g. £25
    Once my balance goes over that mark, after a few wins, e.g to £60, i then withdraw £45 leaving my bankroll balance at £25. That's how I do it, but it's different for everyone.
  • CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals:
    I don't manage my bankroll withdrawals because I never make any. I wonder if that's a hint...
    Posted by YoungUn
    Not quite sure what you mean by that?
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    I have a set balance which I use as my playing bankroll......e.g. £25 Once my balance goes over that mark, after a few wins, e.g to £60, i then withdraw £45 leaving my bankroll balance at £25. That's how I do it, but it's different for everyone.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Ooops! hold on......£25 +£45 = £70 not £60

I meant withdraw £35
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Bankroll management is a matter for personal preference, I reckon.
    The key is to keep records of winnings/losses independently of the amount that you keep in your poker account.
    Personally, I feel that there is very little point in keeping more than you need to play in your poker account.
    It's not earning interest in your poker account, is it? Although it could be argued that it would be earning s0d all interest anywhere else in the current economic climate. :-)
    Since Sky deals in pounds sterling, there's no issue about speculating on the £/$ exchange rate either!
    If you're seriously multi-tabling then you need to keep a bigger amount available to fund your buy-ins.
    I tend to withdraw half my account when I double the amount that I think is reasonable to support the level that I play.
    As it's a simple matter of a couple of clicks to withdraw/deposit and there is no charge, it's a simple decision.

Hope this helps - just my opinion, obviously.
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    I keep mine in a separate interest-earning "poker" account so I know exactly where I stand - leave just enough on here to play with
  • DarlomikeDarlomike Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2009
    i would suggest that you keep the amount you need to play.

normally you only put 5% of your bankroll on a table at one given time, and leave if you have more than 10% on the table etc.

so if you are playing that way then 5% of 100 is £5 on a table at one time etc.

most of the time you always play the maximum allowed on the table, but i don't know how you play it.

so i would say whatever you normally start with on a table multiply that by 20 and keep that bankroll and send the rest back to your account.

sorry if i waffled a bit.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Not quite sure what you mean by that?
    Posted by CLIOKID

I think he means, instead of withdrawing and leaving yourself rolled for NL50, leave it in and move up levels when your roll dictates
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited August 2009

I generally withdraw a certain amount weekly but only if I'm above the bankroll I wish to keep in, but I also withdraw a certain amount if I have a bigish win in relation to my bankroll.

edited August 2009
    To read this everybody withdraws and nobody ever deposits lol
    What if ur bankroll is < what u wish to keep in
    How do u keep track of ur overall position?
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    To read this everybody withdraws and nobody ever deposits lol What if ur bankroll is < what u wish to keep in How do u keep track of ur overall position?
    Posted by annie_duke
    Hi annie you could record every poker session you play starting with date what game ie cash/mtt/sit n go then record profit or loss ie sun 2nd aug played cash game 3 hours sat with £100 left with £150 then record the result £50 profit etc and do this everyday including recording your loses and at the end of the week or month you can do the adding and subtracting of results to see where you are at.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Whats a Withdrawal?:)
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Hi annie you could record every poker session you play starting with date what game ie cash/mtt/sit n go then record profit or loss ie sun 2nd aug played cash game 3 hours sat with £100 left with £150 then record the result £50 profit etc and do this everyday including recording your loses and at the end of the week or month you can do the adding and subtracting of results to see where you are at.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    I'm a sad man so I "cut and paste" the information from the Sky poker account history into a spreadsheet that does all the sums for me.
    edited August 2009
    Whats a Withdrawal?:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Good point - I've been bluffing it so far but I think that I may have got away with it.

Oops, just blown my cover.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : I'm a sad man so I "cut and paste" the information from the Sky poker account history into a spreadsheet that does all the sums for me.
    Posted by MereNovice
    lol u saddo ;o)
  • CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : I'm a sad man so I "cut and paste" the information from the Sky poker account history into a spreadsheet that does all the sums for me.
    Posted by MereNovice
    It shows your net withdrawals too when you go to withdraw funds, which is handy.
    edited August 2009
    Why not run a separate bank account?
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2009
    I dont play cash instead i play on the double your money sngs. My withdrawal policy has always been the same... dont withdraw. My aim is to build my bankroll so i can move up the levels and make even more money in the future. However i do have the exception of withdrawing any bonuses and any money won from mtts. I hope to keep this up until im playing at the highest level and then i would probably withdraw weekly if i was above my desired 5% bankroll.
  • goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2009
    I have a set balance which I use as my playing bankroll......e.g. £25 Once my balance goes over that mark, after a few wins, e.g to £60, i then withdraw £45 leaving my bankroll balance at £25. That's how I do it, but it's different for everyone.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    This sounds interesting to me, for a number of reasons. Surely this form of bankroll management is slightly flawed, doesn't bankroll management suggest that you should be moving up the levels as you progress your game. This suggestion stops that happening as you will never progress. Also i would suggest that if you are just withdrawing ever time you make a profit that you keep those funds to one side in a seperate account in order to distinguish between 'poker funds' and everyday funds. if the money is just goin into you everyday account surly it then would just get spent, thus never progressing your poker journy. I mean even if you did i i said keep funds not on your account but in a seperate bank account this would be quiet a clever thing to do because it surly would help to stop tilting where you blow large parts of your bankroll in one go.....i dunno just a few thoughts feedback idea please.......no worries kyle
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hi mere how you doing haven't seen you on here for ages?and your not sad that just cheating back in TK,s day he had to make do with pencil and paper:-)