You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bankroll Withdrawals

2»

Comments

• IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals:
    Why not run a separate bank account?
    Posted by annie_duke
    Hi Annie
    Done exactly that, even have a seperate e mail account for it too
    Gary
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Hi mere how you doing haven't seen you on here for ages?and your not sad that just cheating back in TK,s day he had to make do with pencil and paper:-)
    Posted by JAMIEP
    Hi Jamie
    Think you will find Tikays accounts on cave walls M8
    LOL
    Gary
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    i got a separate bank account trouble is once its off here feels like "real" money more than "poker money" - still keeps it separate tho....gl ppl
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : I think he means, instead of withdrawing and leaving yourself rolled for NL50, leave it in and move up levels when your roll dictates
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Apologies for any confusion here, but I think both of you read a little too much into it :)

I was merely saying that i'm a donkey that doesn't win regularly enough to make a withdrawal :)
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    lol as if

ur the 1st donkey that actually know's they're one then ;o)
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2009
    I think thats where some players are going wrong. Players may be winning but never progressing, by building your bankroll and not withdrawing you can progress and make even more money.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : This sounds interesting to me, for a number of reasons. Surely this form of bankroll management is slightly flawed, doesn't bankroll management suggest that you should be moving up the levels as you progress your game. This suggestion stops that happening as you will never progress. Also i would suggest that if you are just withdrawing ever time you make a profit that you keep those funds to one side in a seperate account in order to distinguish between 'poker funds' and everyday funds. if the money is just goin into you everyday account surly it then would just get spent, thus never progressing your poker journy. I mean even if you did i i said keep funds not on your account but in a seperate bank account this would be quiet a clever thing to do because it surly would help to stop tilting where you blow large parts of your bankroll in one go.....i dunno just a few thoughts feedback idea please.......no worries kyle
    Posted by goddenkyle

Not everyone has the goal of moving up levels.
    If you're enjoying the level that you're playing at, stay there.
    If you're making a regular profit too, then that's close to heaven. :-)
  • goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Not everyone has the goal of moving up levels. If you're enjoying the level that you're playing at, stay there. If you're making a regular profit too, then that's close to heaven. :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    I totally see hwere your comming from here,  if you are making a profit at a certain level and are happy with that then you should continue. But you have to remember we 'the gambler' the poker players' althought we are in it for a laff at the back of our minds theres allways the idea of making as much money as possible. So if you managed your bankroll well at one level and was a winning player it would make sense to move up when ure roll allowed to at least try the bigger game to maximise your profitability. If you find difficult to make greater profits at this level then step bck down. But by building that bankroll at least your giveing your self max chance to make max profit.
    edited August 2009
    Exactly, if you think that is heaven... imagine if you could win consistently at the next level??? Its worth a shot.
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : I totally see hwere your comming from here,  if you are making a profit at a certain level and are happy with that then you should continue. But you have to remember we 'the gambler' the poker players' althought we are in it for a laff at the back of our minds theres allways the idea of making as much money as possible. So if you managed your bankroll well at one level and was a winning player it would make sense to move up when ure roll allowed to at least try the bigger game to maximise your profitability. If you find difficult to make greater profits at this level then step bck down. But by building that bankroll at least your giveing your self max chance to make max profit.
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Ohhhhh, you youngsters, eh?
    All that youthful enthusiasm and ambition.

It's a horses for courses thing - or perhaps even different strokes for different folks - choose your own cliche.

Good luck to you - look forward to watching you at the WSOP main event final table sometime or some other big event. If you win, can you lend me a fiver?
    edited August 2009
    Lol you dont seem to be a believe of this moving up the levels thing. Ill tell you my story though... im 18 so i started by only depositing a fiver (3-4 months ago). I found i could win at 30p DYM so i played them until i had enough to take a shot at 60p DYM. This continued for 1.15 and 2.25 games and i am currently winning consistently on 5.50 games and looking to move up to 11 quid games in a week or so. I dont understand how u cant want to move up if you are winning though? You can easily move back down if u dont enjoy it.
  • lemster127lemster127 Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2009
    Well firstly wow, seriously u lot need to chill on the poker.

At the end of the day its a game and alot of u are talking like your the Howard Lederer's or Chris Ferguson's of this world its crazy.

I manage to make quite a nice profit from poker but not on here (the enemy that is Pokerstars!! [and you would not believe how good im running at the mo]) and i find that i just play and always stick to my levels of 5% buyins or 7% buyins depending on STT or MTT,this works well for me and i never do withdrawals and havent put any money onto Pokerstars,i bankroll challenged it and won a nice amount on a freeroll and went form there,needless to say my profits have soared but i would never dream of taking any money out of it. I want that amount to grow and grow and grow and maybe in 4-5 years there will be an amount that i can go do something positive with,house deposit or something like that,who knows maybe even a house lmao!!!!

My point is that poker is a great game to be enjoyed and the more you find yourself swamping yourself with little mannerisms the more you will get sucked in,instead of just enjoying the game for what it should be.

You all must know what im talking about, all good players will have a system they have tried and tested that they use going onto a poker table,obviously this must be adjusted due to certain players and the way they play,but fundamentally its still he same system,now how many players find even after thousands of bad beats,horrible plays etc,no matter how disciplined and good you are u feel sometimes when your on tilt it slips away from a system to you gambling which is the worst way to play,sorry to go of the main subject,am jus trying to show you that you cant take this game too seriously,once you feel it taking over,you need to step back.

I play for the simple love of the game now,and any money which is made-which i do make- is a bonus,i find once i let my system and enjoyment be taken over,i turn it into a gambling game,which is what i dont want to do.

Sorry guys just a few things on the mind after reading some of the posts.

cheers 
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    As for me, I am grinding up to £200 from £20. Not going to withdraw. But will then withdraw £50 as a reward for getting to my goal. Then I will use the double/half rule to BRM: you double your Roll, so £150 to £300... then take out half of the profit - so withdraw £75. Leaving a roll of £225. Then on to £450.. etc etc... that way you are moving on up and also benefiting financially. Long way to go, but it's a plan :)
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Apologies for any confusion here, but I think both of you read a little too much into it :) I was merely saying that i'm a donkey that doesn't win regularly enough to make a withdrawal :)
    Posted by YoungUn
    That surprises me mate
  • WildDogWildDog Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2009
    It depends what your goals are clio but if you are beating 50NL then withdrawing your whole roll and building up from lower than 50NL is just costing you prospective winnings.
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : This sounds interesting to me, for a number of reasons. Surely this form of bankroll management is slightly flawed, doesn't bankroll management suggest that you should be moving up the levels as you progress your game. This suggestion stops that happening as you will never progress. Also i would suggest that if you are just withdrawing ever time you make a profit that you keep those funds to one side in a seperate account in order to distinguish between 'poker funds' and everyday funds. if the money is just goin into you everyday account surly it then would just get spent, thus never progressing your poker journy. I mean even if you did i i said keep funds not on your account but in a seperate bank account this would be quiet a clever thing to do because it surly would help to stop tilting where you blow large parts of your bankroll in one go.....i dunno just a few thoughts feedback idea please.......no worries kyle
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Hi Goddenkyle,
    You see I later corrected myself and meant is I have £25 balance and that increases to £60, then I withdraw £35.
    I was just replying to the main question aboutr withdrawing (not managaing bankroll) and this was an example. I'm not sure about all your comments, but to me this works and makes sense to me. Once a withdrawal has been made on sky poker, it is paid direct into your bank account anyway. I like this method and I use it and it works. Sorry If i missed something, regards richieswift

edited August 2009
    I think thats where some players are going wrong. Players may be winning but never progressing, by building your bankroll and not withdrawing you can progress and make even more money.
    Posted by MrOrange
    Thanks to MrOrange I now understand what kyle was saying.

It's a risky business, If you start with £25 and get it to £200 through winning.
    Then do you risk it all on a £200 buy in tourney or by playing higher cash games, or do you withdraw £175 and keep to you normal playing level that works for you ?
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Thanks to MrOrange I now understand what kyle was saying. It's a risky business, If you start with £25 and get it to £200 through winning. Then do you risk it all on a £200 buy in tourney or by playing higher cash games, or do you withdraw £175 and keep to you normal playing level that works for you ?
    Posted by RichiSwift
    i'd withdraw £50..leaving you £150.Then play with 5% of your roll for entries to STTs or Cash...and 2% to MTTs.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    I have a set balance which I use as my playing bankroll......e.g. £25 Once my balance goes over that mark, after a few wins, e.g to £60, i then withdraw £45 leaving my bankroll balance at £25. That's how I do it, but it's different for everyone.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Don`t take this the wrong way mate, but I think you are wasting your time and money.  When I say wasting money, I mean not capitalising on a situation that you could do.
    £25 is barely a roll for the smallest stakes NL4. If you are consistently winning and you can beat NL4, then, believe me you can beat NL10.

Unless you are desperate for that £35 or whatever it is you withdraw, you would be better leaving it in until you at least are rolled for NL10, then take it from there.

Like I said, dont take it the wrong way and each to their own and all that.

Gl
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Withdrawals : Don`t take this the wrong way mate, but I think you are wasting your time and money.  When I say wasting money, I mean not capitalising on a situation that you could do. £25 is barely a roll for the smallest stakes NL4. If you are consistently winning and you can beat NL4, then, believe me you can beat NL10. Unless you are desperate for that £35 or whatever it is you withdraw, you would be better leaving it in until you at least are rolled for NL10, then take it from there. Like I said, dont take it the wrong way and each to their own and all that. Gl
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Thanks but this works perfect for me they way i am doing it.
    The main thing is to withdraw when you are up and thta's that really.
    If you dont withdraw when you have a chance then you could risk up loosing it all and making no money at all.

The answer to my previous question is to either withdraw £175 or withdraw £150 and increase your playing balance from £25 to £50.