You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Downloadable Client

BelovedLtdBelovedLtd Member Posts: 188
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Any closer to this yet?

Comments

• Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited June 2010
    Hi Beloved,

This is in development and will be coming soon, i can't give you a date though i'm afraid, as i'm sure you understand there is a lot of work involved.

Lee
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited June 2010
    lol
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited June 2010
    lolol
  • lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited June 2010
    You must be able to give some kind of timeline? What project runs without at least an estimate of completion!?
  • ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2010
    Beloved/ lynx

Go back through posts for about ...errrrrrrmmmmm...AT LEAST A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and you will realise how long the downloadable version has been requested.

BASICALLY......Sky is not in the least bit interested.

HOWEVER......keep coming back and asking how long it will take. It's funny when Sky Lee and Sky Rich tell you  it's NEARLY HERE />>>HONEST>>>>IT'S SO HARD TO GET IT RIGHT>>>>WE'RE HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS!!!!!

Suggestion to Sky....SACK the programers....they aint got a clue what they're doing
  • Eagles1Eagles1 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Imagine that sky poker on a downloadable client no more script errors that they havnt got a clue how to solve no more missing first couple hands of every tourny you play, being able to play more than 1 table. No sorry im dreamimg next people will be saying you can put a man on the moon
    edited June 2010
    When a few of the BIG ROLLERS have a few problems, I'll bet it's sorted pretty **** quick. Until then, we'll just have to put up with it I guess.

Thing is, there are so many complaining, yet we keep coming back. Maybe if the numbers dropped there'll be some action.
  • iRiverUiRiverU Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2010
    Support is bad it took like 2year to get PLO in.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client:
    Beloved/ lynx Go back through posts for about ...errrrrrrmmmmm...AT LEAST A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and you will realise how long the downloadable version has been requested. BASICALLY......Sky is not in the least bit interested. HOWEVER......keep coming back and asking how long it will take. It's funny when Sky Lee and Sky Rich tell you  it's NEARLY HERE /> />>HONEST>>>>IT'S SO HARD TO GET IT RIGHT>>>>WE'RE HAVING A FEW PROBLEMS!!!!! Suggestion to Sky....SACK the programers....they aint got a clue what they're doing
    Posted by ACBRO67

the thing is Acbr067, we are building the download from scratch and not using a template such as many other big sites do. we want to release a product that is not only up there with the best but is unique to Sky. Our theory is that it's better to take some time and make sure the final version is a quality bug free product, rather than rush and deliver something that might later cause problems for our customers.

hopefully you'll appreciate this, stay patient and enjoy the final product when it's ready.

all the best to you,

Rich
  • -Dino66--Dino66- Member Posts: 106
    edited June 2010
    A downloadable client doesnt really fit in with the type of people Sky are trying to attract.
    Watch the adverts,no download is pushed as a plus point for the site.
    The vast majority of customers dont care so Sky will have a fairly low priority for the download.
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2010
    Just a question, but when the downloadable client is here will it run alongside the current set up? I know one or two others give you the option of downloading or web based play. 

Personally I will be using the DC when it arrives but as Dino pointed out I guess a lot of the new players are probably more interested in the fact that you don't have to download any software.
  • ArcaineArcaine Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010

I hope its along soon :). Are you planning to make it compatible with things like Pokertracker?

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited June 2010
    I think calling it a downloadable client is somewhat misleading.  As it currently is whenever a table opens on sky the client is downloaded, for each and every table you open.

"When is the non-browser based client coming?" is a more valid question.
    edited July 2010
    will it run alongside the current set up?
    Posted by silentbob

Yep
  • ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited July 2010
    A downloadable client doesnt really fit in with the type of people Sky are trying to attract. Watch the adverts,no download is pushed as a plus point for the site. The vast majority of customers dont care so Sky will have a fairly low priority for the download.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    1) They can't push a download until they have one
    2) I think you will see that regular players will use this version to cure stability and resource problems that the web based browser version currently give on lower spec PC's
    edited July 2010
    Rich,

Sky poker KNOWS that there are players who CANNOT play more than one table without having severe problems ; the posts on this forum prove that.

As you are very well aware, we have been getting the 'promise' of a downloadable version for at least a year if not two or more. Now, if my boss asked to develop a new program, unique to my company which doesnt just copy off others and i told him AFTER OVER TWO YEARS......Sorry boss.....still working on it. Do you think I would still be working for that company?

All I am asking Rich, is the truth. If Sky have no intention of releasing a downloadable version...
    OK ....tell us. I understand that businesses need to make money ( that is the nature of the beast!!) and maybe the annoying little sprats who want a download version should all upgrade their computers ie ...go into PC World and tell them that we can play all the latest games, play on every other site, but can I have one that is suited to SkyPoker?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

In short Rich...the truth...please m8. Don't hide behind Sky being all fantastic and flag waving....other sites WORK MATE!!!?!?!?!?  />>>>>SKY DOESN'T???????????????
  • CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited July 2010
    Rich, Sky poker KNOWS that there are players who CANNOT play more than one table without having severe problems ; the posts on this forum prove that. As you are very well aware, we have been getting the 'promise' of a downloadable version for at least a year if not two or more. Now, if my boss asked to develop a new program, unique to my company which doesnt just copy off others and i told him AFTER OVER TWO YEARS......Sorry boss.....still working on it. Do you think I would still be working for that company? All I am asking Rich, is the truth. If Sky have no intention of releasing a downloadable version... OK ....tell us. I understand that businesses need to make money ( that is the nature of the beast!!) and maybe the annoying little sprats who want a download version should all upgrade their computers ie ...go into PC World and tell them that we can play all the latest games, play on every other site, but can I have one that is suited to SkyPoker?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? In short Rich...the truth...please m8. Don't hide behind Sky being all fantastic and flag waving....other sites WORK MATE!!!?!?!?!?  /> />>>>SKY DOESN'T???????????????
    Posted by ACBRO67
    Did you really expect to achieve anything with this post? Really?
    edited July 2010
    Rich, Sky poker KNOWS that there are players who CANNOT play more than one table without having severe problems ; the posts on this forum prove that. As you are very well aware, we have been getting the 'promise' of a downloadable version for at least a year if not two or more. Now, if my boss asked to develop a new program, unique to my company which doesnt just copy off others and i told him AFTER OVER TWO YEARS......Sorry boss.....still working on it. Do you think I would still be working for that company? All I am asking Rich, is the truth. If Sky have no intention of releasing a downloadable version... OK ....tell us. I understand that businesses need to make money ( that is the nature of the beast!!) and maybe the annoying little sprats who want a download version should all upgrade their computers ie ...go into PC World and tell them that we can play all the latest games, play on every other site, but can I have one that is suited to SkyPoker?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? In short Rich...the truth...please m8. Don't hide behind Sky being all fantastic and flag waving....other sites WORK MATE!!!?!?!?!?  /> />>>>SKY DOESN'T???????????????
    Posted by ACBRO67
    You can be certain that a download client is coming. I want to avoid giving (another) release date, just in case we miss that and raise expectation only to disappoint (as highlighted - we may have previously done)...

Thanks for staying patient guys. we really appreciate it and hopefully the wait will be worth it when we do finally release the new product.

As ever, more information/announcements as and when we have it.
  • CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited July 2010
    Sky obviously have their reasons for not launching the downloable client just yet, which is most likely to perfect the software and to make sure that fewest possible bugs occur when it does finally arrive so it can please everyone.

I find it highly unlikely that they are going to rush this process becuase a few people cannot wait an extra few weeks for its arrival and feel the need to start 5 threads a week to try and speed up its launch

You've lasted over 2 years without a downloadable client so I'm sure another 28 days wont kill you - just let them get on with their job.
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client : Did you really expect to achieve anything with this post? Really?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    After a long time of asking ...not really. I guess everything works fine your end Cowgomoo...bully ( forgive the pun) for you. It doesn't work for others.

Anyhows, as you say in your later post, it's all becoming a little bit repetitive now. I've expressed my views , as have others, so let's hope everything goes OK soon.

SkyRich...thanks for taking the time to reply ( time and again!!!!!) . Your comments are valued and I know them to be honest.