You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Downloadable Client

2»

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client:
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client : After a long time of asking ...not really. I guess everything works fine your end Cowgomoo...bully ( forgive the pun) for you. It doesn't work for others. Anyhows, as you say in your later post, it's all becoming a little bit repetitive now. I've expressed my views , as have others, so let's hope everything goes OK soon. SkyRich...thanks for taking the time to reply ( time and again!!!!!) . Your comments are valued and I know them to be honest.
    Posted by ACBRO67

no problem. it's my pleasure.
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    28 days?  Where does that figure come from? 
    I would really like a bit more info as it affects greatly a decision i must make.  I can only 5-6 table without lag on my setup and at the speed sky hands play out i'd like to be able to 9-12 table.  I can only 3 table on my laptop :(
    So.... either a d-loadable client solves my problems or i spend a lot of cash on a new processor and laptop.  I've been hanging on for months after promises of 'coming soon' etc but it's costing me cash every month as i'm only playing maybhe 60% of what i could do.  The cash for points alone would be a significant amount.
    So what to do? I obv don't wanna spend £1k on something that i won't need in 2-3 weeks but there again, it would be necessary if this client doesn't arrive for another 2-3+ months.

There must be some estimated completion date or rolling timescale yr working to and some idea would really be appreciated (altho i won't hold you to it) :)
    edited July 2010
    28 days?  Where does that figure come from?  I would really like a bit more info as it affects greatly a decision i must make.  I can only 5-6 table without lag on my setup and at the speed sky hands play out i'd like to be able to 9-12 table.  I can only 3 table on my laptop :( So.... either a d-loadable client solves my problems or i spend a lot of cash on a new processor and laptop.  I've been hanging on for months after promises of 'coming soon' etc but it's costing me cash every month as i'm only playing maybhe 60% of what i could do.  The cash for points alone would be a significant amount. So what to do? I obv don't wanna spend £1k on something that i won't need in 2-3 weeks but there again, it would be necessary if this client doesn't arrive for another 2-3+ months. There must be some estimated completion date or rolling timescale yr working to and some idea would really be appreciated (altho i won't hold you to it) :)
    Posted by cottlad

I'll reply to your PM cottlad.

thanks
  • luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited July 2010
    When you sit down at a poker table it's real money at stake. I would rather wait for a thoroughly user tested solution, than be emailing support about how I want a refund because the client messed up a hand/tournament for me. I am looking forward to this being available though.
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client : I'll reply to your PM cottlad. thanks
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Didn't receive anything Rich
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable Client : Didn't receive anything Rich
    Posted by cottlad

Sorry about the delay cottlad, i was just waiting for some info - i'll make sure you have a reply by the end of today.

cheers
  • YOUNG_GUNYOUNG_GUN Member Posts: 8,948
    edited July 2010
    I am looking forward to this also but am glad you plan to keep the web version as i feel it is convieniant for some people aka on my lunch i sometimes play a game but couldn't do that if we only had downloadable format which on most major sites is the case.
  • pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited July 2010
    28 days?  Where does that figure come from?  I would really like a bit more info as it affects greatly a decision i must make.  I can only 5-6 table without lag on my setup and at the speed sky hands play out i'd like to be able to 9-12 table.  I can only 3 table on my laptop :( So.... either a d-loadable client solves my problems or i spend a lot of cash on a new processor and laptop.  I've been hanging on for months after promises of 'coming soon' etc but it's costing me cash every month as i'm only playing maybhe 60% of what i could do.  The cash for points alone would be a significant amount. So what to do? I obv don't wanna spend £1k on something that i won't need in 2-3 weeks but there again, it would be necessary if this client doesn't arrive for another 2-3+ months. There must be some estimated completion date or rolling timescale yr working to and some idea would really be appreciated (altho i won't hold you to it) :)
    Posted by cottlad

Very well put cottlad. I am a relative newbie to Sky and enjoy the banter and forum etc. but having played online at various sites over the past few years am becoming increasingly frustrated by the constant problems if i open more than ONE table. As you rightly say this can be costly and i am sure many players will have already voted with their feet and left to play elsewhere. I hope that the downloadable version is available sooner rather than later.
  • evelynevelyn Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    A beta rollout was promised for this month on TheHendonMob forum.Is this still happening?
  • cazzie58cazzie58 Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2010
    Saw this at Swansea yesterday - looks very good and cannot wait to try it.  It still needs to be thoroughly tested first so that when it is rolled out Sky are confident that no problems will occur.

Thanks Sky