You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

CAN I JUST HAVE MY SAY

2»

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: CAN I JUST HAVE MY SAY:
    In Response to Re: CAN I JUST HAVE MY SAY : Hi Rich, thanks for the reply I seem to remember that you put a link to the part of the site where it tell people what the rules are regading chat, I wonder if it would be possible for you to do it again please (I could be wrong in that case please accept my appology) Many thanks
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Barry,

here is the link to table etiquette and here is the link to the community house rules.

hope that helps,

All the best,

Rich
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    Hi Guys
    I have reported a couple of players, myself, when i've had enough of their antics, but i've always asked them to stop or i would report them. Normally this gets abuse back.
    Now i'm not going to defend Mick, as he has already stated that he's going to do the time(hope he hurries back),but.
    Personally i have a lot of time for him and, yes he does walk the line but those who know him can give him grief and get it back from him. Sky CANNOT have favourites when it comes to this subject and HAVE proved this by banning Mick from the table chat.
    THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON FOR ALL THE PLAYERS AS THERE A LOT THAT DONT GET REPORTED AND ARE GETTING PROGRESSIVELY MORE ABUSIVE. THIS IS A FRIENDLY SITE AND MUST REMAIN THAT WAY.
    NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A GO AT ANYONE AS THEY ARE NO BETTER OR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE.

As some said in another thread, "he who is without sin cast the first stone". Then here goes. I have NEVER had a go on the chat to players who i dont know or have never met, but i do have a bit of banter with the people i do know. If anyone who is on the table or railing objects to any comments i make, then do ask me to stop and i will, dont just go to Sky straight away.
    Most people will desist and offer an apology if this happens. if they dont then report them.

col
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: CAN I JUST HAVE MY SAY:
    In Response to Re: CAN I JUST HAVE MY SAY : Hi Barry, here is the link to table etiquette and here is the link to the community house rules . hope that helps, All the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, thank you for the reply I have been having a long hard think about chat and chat banning. Maybe it is time to propose to set down a charter for the possible process player’s rights and responsibilities and possible steps to be taken if the charter is breached. Something along these lines: 1 All Sky Poker players have the right to give their views and opinions in the chat box without fear of being abused. (Within reason). 2 All players have the right to challenge any comment or remark they may find offensive and be listened to. 3 Sky Poker will not tolerate Swearing, abuse or aggressive behaviour of players and will take appropriate action. 4 Sky Poker is an Equal Opportunities Site, and will take action against anyone who abuses a player because of there Race, Creed, Colour, Sexual Orientation or Disability. Steps you can take if you feel that you have been abused, sworn at, or someone has been aggressive towards you. 1 Challenge the player who doing this, but always be polite and non confrontational ask then to stop, if this fails, then make a second attempt, if this does not work then contact Customer Care. 2 Customer Care should instigate an investigation procedure and try to intermediate between the players as a possible way to avoid a chat ban. 3 If no way can be found, Customer Care should then issue a written warning to the person involved as to her/his future conduct. 4 Should this not resolve the matter, and then a ban should be initiated, this being dependent on the severity of the issue, and whether the player has been provoked and range from one week to three months for a first offence, three months or longer for a second offence and the third and for worst offenders a life ban. It’s just that I think this would take out all of the confusion and everyone will be clear on what is happening and why Obviously these are just my ideas, and any feedback from Rich would be most welcome and any ideas you may have, should you decide to use something along these lines please feel free to use them as you will. If things have been covered on any other part of the site, please accept my apologies.Cheer Rich
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Hi Acebarry,

thanks for your great suggestion i will pass this on to the poker guys for consideration.

in the meantime here is a bit of info that might hopefully clear a few tings up for you.

We do currently operate a red/ yellow card policy regarding poker table behaviour (chat). depending on the severity of someone's chat they can be....

1.) warned

2.) given a 3 month ban

3.) given a lifetime ban

obviously, our customer care team will review each case reported individually and make a decision based on the facts.

the rules for 'poker table chat' are currently being reviewed, so in the near future i may be able to pass on the info by making a post in the forum for you all.

cheers,

Rich

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    I love how the automatic chatbox word censor blocks the word "fix" lol

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Ah well,  hopefully we can all get back to normality again (poker players normal..sigh) !!

Well done to everyone here   and on MickJenn1 thread for trying to help and Rich (SkyPoker) ..

I'm sure Mick will after some thought,  thank everyone for their support !!

Glk Mick, 

Could have been worse, they could have given you a Norwich City season ticket.. heheee
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    MICKO... UR RIGHT WIV WHAT U SAY AND U TAKE THE PUNISHEMENT WELL... BUT ITS AGAIN THE MINORITY SPOILING IT FOR THE MAJORITY... WHETHER IT B GETTING CHAT BANNED, TO INSULTS, TO WHOS THE BIGGER SHARK TO DOWNRIGHT RIDICULOUS COMMENTS THE LIST IS ENDLESS... THIS MICKJENN1 FAN CLUB WAS AN IDEA TO GET PEOPLE INVOLVED IN POKER AND HAVING SOME BANTER.. LIKE YOU DO... CLEARLY PEOPLES IDEA OF BANTER FALLS INTO A DIFFERENT MINDSET... IVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED HOW MYSELF AND MICK HAVE HAD "DEBATES" BUT IN THE END IT RUNS AS BANTER... TO GET REPORTED FROM BY SOME GUY WHO PROB HAS NOTHING BETTER ELSE TO DO IN HIS TIME THAN TO SQUINY IS IMO B OL OX... I CAN UNDERSTAND A TORRID OF ABUSE BUT WE ALL AS HUMANS HAVE OUR LIMITS... I FOR ONE WILL MISS MICKO AS I HAVE PLAYED AND ENJOYED THE BANTER SINCE WE FIRST CHATTED... HE IS A GOOD LAD WIV A GOOD HEART.... AND THOSE OF U WHO CONTINUE TO SCORN HIS POSTS/FORUM SHOULD MAYBE TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR.. A FORUM IS ABOUT DISCUSSION/OPINONS AND HAVING A LAUGH.... NOT TO BE CALLED NAMES BY SOME MO RONS WHO ARE EITHER DRUNK AND SEE IT AS AN IDEAL OPPURTUNITY TO HAVE A "POP" AT SOMEONE WHO HAS THE MOST POPULAR FORUM ON SKY!!! I THINK A LITTLE BIT OF THE GREEN EYED MONSTER HAS SHOWN IN SOME PEOPLE WIV THERE COMMENTS.. AND THEY NEED TO APPRECIATE WHAT MICK HAS DONE SO FAR.... LETS HOPE THESE INDIVUDALS GET WEEDED OUT AND IT CARRY ON AS HOW IT WAS... TAKE IT EASY MICKO AND IM SURE ILL SEE YOU SOON;-)
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    Cheers for the update rich.Great post jimbo.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,758
    edited August 2009
    3 months is nowt Mick you ll be back in no time dont let the bgyd