You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Blogs Blogs Blogs.... part 2 - WE WANT YOU *September Bloggers announced*

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone,
you may remember i posted this about a month ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few.
This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site.

What you have to do
If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries.

What to blog about?
You can blog about....just about anything, that is the beauty of blogs. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading.

If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month.

Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so.

To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well the time has gone to starting looking for our next batch of Bloggers!

i am sure you will join me in saying a big thank you and well done to our current team (who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks).

Their blogs will run for about another 2 weeks but i want to see what the interest is and set up another batch in time for September.

so... Would you like to be cast in Sky Poker folk law and be remembered for all time (cough cough)?

last month we had interest from kirstii, bobcat52, CLIOKID, NoSky, FBS, bennydip2, Nutter5932 and  DAVEYZZ

Are you guys still interested or anybody else at all?

Really, anybody can write a blog... honest!

if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so.

all the best guys...

Comments

• djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Blogs Blogs Blogs.... part 2:
    Hi Everyone, you may remember i posted this about a month ago... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few. This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site. What you have to do If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries. What to blog about? You can blog about....just about anything, that is the beauty of blogs. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading. If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month. Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so. To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well the time has gone to starting looking for our next batch of Bloggers! i am sure you will join me in saying a big thank you and well done to our current team (who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks). Their blogs will run for about another 2 weeks but i want to see what the interest is and set up another batch in time for September. so... Would you like to be cast in Sky Poker folk law and be remembered for all time (cough cough)? last month we had interest from kirstii, bobcat52, CLIOKID, NoSky, FBS, bennydip2, Nutter5932 and  DAVEYZZ Are you guys still interested or anybody else at all? Really, anybody can write a blog... honest! if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so. all the best guys...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    hi id like to write a blog...

regards
    toby
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    I'd highly recommend doing it. As Rich said it adds something to the Sky Community and it is actually really quite fun and it's great when people really do seem to enjoy the reads.

:)
    Dave
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

Hi Rich would like to do a blog but sept & oct i'm at my busiest so would like to be considered for Nov onwards i look forward to seeing the new Batch whoever you choose have big shoes to fill have this past month of Blogs have been (for want of a better word) EXCELLENT so good luck to the new guys for sept

i will start poll 1st sept when i have the list m8

cheers

dtw
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    Just have to say its great fun doing the blogs put your names down i have a fav who i would like to run a blog but cant possibly say , but also think it would be good if u ladies had a go!!

enjoy and gl
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    thanks for your response Toby + thanks for everyone else's support.

Anyone else fancy it?
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    I might have ago at Rich, I like to get my 2 cents worth in here and there,
    I'll have a think about it and you'll get my anser soon.

Just want to say good job to other bloggers Grimstar, RazorKev and Phil12Uk who have done some good blogs so far.
  • candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Blogs Blogs Blogs.... part 2 - WE WANT YOU:
    Hi Everyone, you may remember i posted this about a month ago... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and Michelle Orpe to name but a few. This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site. What you have to do If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for a month then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far and all of these 4 people will receive some cool rewards. We will also pick an overall winner at the end of August based on the popularity of the blog, number of comments and quality of the entries. What to blog about? You can blog about....just about anything, that is the beauty of blogs. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading. If this trial goes well then we will continue to do something similar every month. Please post here if you are interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so. To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well the time has gone to starting looking for our next batch of Bloggers! i am sure you will join me in saying a big thank you and well done to our current team (who have done a fantastic job and really added something different to the community in the last few weeks). Their blogs will run for about another 2 weeks but i want to see what the interest is and set up another batch in time for September. so... Would you like to be cast in Sky Poker folk law and be remembered for all time (cough cough)? last month we had interest from kirstii, bobcat52, CLIOKID, NoSky, FBS, bennydip2, Nutter5932 and  DAVEYZZ Are you guys still interested or anybody else at all? Really, anybody can write a blog... honest! if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so. all the best guys...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich,

Ihope you are ok hunni, as mine was moved to the shed, (sob sob) i dont think it will be me lol, no only joking hunni.

I would just like to say that i have really enjoyed Dazlers contribution to the blogs hunni and would like to forward his name for consideration. ( He`ll probably put that chastity belt around my mouth for that lol) :)

Speak to you soon hunni

Lots of love

Candi xxxx
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    hi i would still love to write a blog,i could audition here by writing a extremly witty account of my day,but....A nowts happened! and B why should i waste my best material here!!

cheers daveyzz..
  • kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited August 2009
    Yes please!!! Would love to give it a shot this time round if at all possible!
  • goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2009
    Id happily do a blog im on here at least 10hrs a day anyway lol. would love to give it a crack.
  • dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    Hmmmmmm tempting but, not being a woman, Im sure I would run out of things to say ;)
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
     Hi Rich, I'm happy doing the  (x Files ) Thread !!

(Two cannibals eating a clown. One says to the other 

'Does this taste funny to you? )   !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    However,   I could spare a couple of minutes   blogging,   the Mr's says,
    'Nothing changes there then' !!

She always has to bring the tone down !!

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I will be interested.

If I were to blog it would be poker themed.

Thx.
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Hi Rich as im really struggling on my bankroll and really running out of funds to play poker, i need something to keep me occupied in this period. So it would be great to do a blog and it looks like i already have 1 person who might read it with a chastity belt on. I havnt had much luck with the poker recently but im having a lot of fun on the forums and the people of this community. Not quite sure what it will be about if you do decide to let me do a blog but im sure it will be unusual. :) regards Dazler
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    hi rich ,  a dazler blog would be interesting . or one from his girlfriend !!!!  what about annie duke ,she makes me laugh . pillow.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for all your interest guys... it's so great to see. i will leave this thread open until next week to see if any other fancy it.

remember - if you don't get to write a blog in September we will do this every month so the chances are everyone in this community will get to write a blog at some point!

thanks again
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    Id be intersted?? oh ok ........ worth a try...gl all
  • dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited August 2009
    I would be interested in blogging my poker exploits every week.

cheers

Dan
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs Blogs Blogs.... part 2 - WE WANT YOU:
    I might have ago at Rich, I like to get my 2 cents worth in here and there, I'll have a think about it and you'll get my anser soon. Just want to say good job to other bloggers Grimstar, RazorKev and Phil12Uk who have done some good blogs so far.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    Hi Rich,
    I had a think about it and Sept is a busy month for me - so I will re-apply for October. (cheers anyway)
    Good luck to all who have applied.
  • SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited August 2009
    Hi Rich

I am off to Vegas 2nd week in September for a week and would be very interested in blogging both on the lead up and then from / after my Vegas trip, let me know if you are interested.

Send me a Sky Poker T Shirt and I'll post a pic of it somewhere it shouldn't be lol!!

Dave