You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

I AM FUMMING!

SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
The £500 deepstack tonight, up against a player calling and raising everything with nothing.
Blinds 50/100. Being Robbed left right center.
I get a high pocket pair, and raise 1100, and guess what, I get called by this idiot player.
Flop comes J J J, turn river, rag rag.
Idiot player show J 7. (calls 11xBB with J7 pre-flop) gota be against the law!

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOMEWAY TO PUNNISH THESE PLAYERS. Like a button to distroy there computers!

Aghhhhhhh, Im so angry.

P.S. srry for ranting, I feel abit better now!

Comments

• silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited August 2009
    I'm with you Stan. I don't normally vent my frustrations at these things because I understand that's the nature of the beast with this game.

I need to have some time away from this site because I'm on the verge of tilting and destroying my BR simply because of some of the calls I'm getting.

I know & understand that everyone pays their money and plays their cards however they want, after all they've paid for the privilage. BUT.....as I've said some of the calls are simply outrageous and I can't compete with people who want to play bingo.

Like Stan, I apologise for the rant but I really had to get this off my chest
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    LOL! Glad u were kinder to me after my vile outdraw vs u in the deepie yesterday.   Sounds to me like this player didnt realise that they had entered a deepstack tourney and have the playing style of the Sky TV tournies.  Look back in a couple of hours and I guarantee they won't be on the final table.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    yeah sorry about that mate i thought u was bluffing UL
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Silent Bob, im not blaming the site, thats poker.

Phil, last nites game was a very enjoyable game, my lose wasent ur fault at all. GG m8.

Scotty, what the heck are you on about, I dont ever remember playing you, and this post dosent refer to you.

Im not naming the player, dont wana start a flame war!
    I left this player with a stack of 12K, 10 minutes later, SHE was out.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Told ya...........and u didnt have to wait 2 hours.

Scotty - it's exactly these comments you make, where u dont need to that annoy community members.

Stan - play again tomorrow - I'm gonna play and I GUARANTEE it'll be a better experience.
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I AM FUMMING!:
    Silent Bob, im not blaming the site, thats poker. Posted by SolidStan1
    Absolutely agree Stan, hopefully my post didn't come across as either of us blaming the site & if it did then I apologise unreservedly.

It's not the site at all, just some of the somewhat questionable calls I've been getting lately that's made me decide to stay away from here for a while.
    edited August 2009
    ah yeah im sorry i should just post meaningless UL OMG what a donk to make everyone feel better.

serious reply is just make a note on the space provider so you know what this players tendencies are....will come in handy when your paths cross again, and on a smallish poker site like sky, the will do soon.

• KdanemKdanem Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2009
    ah yeah im sorry i should just post meaningless UL OMG what a donk to make everyone feel better. serious reply is just make a note on the space provider so you know what this players tendencies are....will come in handy when your paths cross again, and on a smallish poker site like sky, the will do soon.
    Posted by scotty77
    scottttty boy,,,all you say is this forum is garbage so why put your clueless idiotic comments on here??? your boring now...
    edited August 2009
    Never said the forum was garbage sir, you need to check your sources...this forum is cool bar a few people.
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009

R.O.F.L.
    edited August 2009
    Never said the forum was garbage sir, you need to check your sources...this forum is cool bar a few people.
    Posted by scotty77
    ok shall i send the post of u saying it then???? aug 14th 2.06 pm
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited August 2009

Can I just say it wasnt me! I went out just after you when I ran my qq into 46!!!!!!!!!!!! They called my all in on a 4710 flop and yes another 4 on river. When I left they had over 12k in chips and were also out 20 minutes later!

edited August 2009
    Can I just say it wasnt me! I went out just after you when I ran my qq into 46!!!!!!!!!!!! They called my all in on a 4710 flop and yes another 4 on river. When I left they had over 12k in chips and were also out 20 minutes later!
    Posted by MADMOO
    Madmoo I love you and also can I just say I would have never called you with 46 cos you are a nit and also I like you so I don't wanna put any bad beats on you :)
  • candicandi Member Posts: 2,162
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I AM FUMMING! : ok shall i send the post of u saying it then???? aug 14th 2.06 pm
    Posted by Kdanem
    With respect.... don`t muck spread!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I AM FUMMING! : With respect.... don`t muck spread!
    Posted by candi
    lol
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    Stan,sadly it happens but in the long run plyers tht call wiv j/7 will lose trust me

very ul but keep goin in ahead you will win a nice torn soon..
  • anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited August 2009
    In Response to I AM FUMMING!:
    The £500 deepstack tonight, up against a player calling and raising everything with nothing. Blinds 50/100. Being Robbed left right center. I get a high pocket pair, and raise 1100, and guess what, I get called by this idiot player. Flop comes J J J, turn river, rag rag. Idiot player show J 7. (calls 11xBB with J7 pre-flop) gota be against the law! CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOMEWAY TO PUNNISH THESE PLAYERS. Like a button to distroy there computers! Aghhhhhhh, Im so angry. P.S. srry for ranting, I feel abit better now!
    Posted by SolidStan1
    no how you feel i just had pocket 10s blinds 25 50 i raise 250 he calls flop 238 he goes all in i think great. shows 3 8 unreal.
  • spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2009
    Hi I can understand all of your frustrations regarding bad beats etc, but in deepstacks especially low blind levels if there is a big raise usually indicates a premium hand so if some one makes a loose call the raisers range is fairly small ie AA, KK, QQ, AK so if they hit miracle flop ie 2 pair, trips etc the initial raiser will usually lose all their stack sometimes a good fold early on will be benificial in the long run.
    If someone goes all in early doors after flop even if you have top pair top kicker or AA KK take a few more seconds to decide if your 1 pair is really any good at that point.
    ps I lost to trip 3s earlier this week when i raised with pocket kks early doors so I must listen to my own advice at times.
    The deepstack structure gives yout the opportunity to fold and wait for a better spot gl at tables.
    I folded a full house the other night in the open to my opponents quads (put him on a higher full house not quads) this left me with 1500 chips to play with no happy ending though busted 72cd, 2 off cash but a fold is sometimes a winning move in any tournament.
    Anjie by the way i wouldnt of expected him to hold 83, but 88, 33 22 were all possibilities. 
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    In Response to I AM FUMMING! : no how you feel i just had pocket 10s blinds 25 50 i raise 250 he calls flop 238 he goes all in i think great. shows 3 8 unreal.
    Posted by anjie1970

Ahhhh  but Anjie                   were they soooooooooted ?????   :)) x
    edited August 2009
    Hi I can understand all of your frustrations regarding bad beats etc, but in deepstacks especially low blind levels if there is a big raise usually indicates a premium hand so if some one makes a loose call the raisers range is fairly small ie AA, KK, QQ, AK so if they hit miracle flop ie 2 pair, trips etc the initial raiser will usually lose all their stack sometimes a good fold early on will be benificial in the long run. If someone goes all in early doors after flop even if you have top pair top kicker or AA KK take a few more seconds to decide if your 1 pair is really any good at that point. ps I lost to trip 3s earlier this week when i raised with pocket kks early doors so I must listen to my own advice at times. The deepstack structure gives yout the opportunity to fold and wait for a better spot gl at tables. I folded a full house the other night in the open to my opponents quads (put him on a higher full house not quads) this left me with 1500 chips to play with no happy ending though busted 72cd, 2 off cash but a fold is sometimes a winning move in any tournament. Anjie by the way i wouldnt of expected him to hold 83, but 88, 33 22 were all possibilities. 
    Posted by spitfire10
    Excellent post sir....