You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

I AM FUMMING!

2»

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: I AM FUMMING!:
    Hi I can understand all of your frustrations regarding bad beats etc, but in deepstacks especially low blind levels if there is a big raise usually indicates a premium hand so if some one makes a loose call the raisers range is fairly small ie AA, KK, QQ, AK so if they hit miracle flop ie 2 pair, trips etc the initial raiser will usually lose all their stack sometimes a good fold early on will be benificial in the long run. If someone goes all in early doors after flop even if you have top pair top kicker or AA KK take a few more seconds to decide if your 1 pair is really any good at that point. ps I lost to trip 3s earlier this week when i raised with pocket kks early doors so I must listen to my own advice at times. The deepstack structure gives yout the opportunity to fold and wait for a better spot gl at tables. I folded a full house the other night in the open to my opponents quads (put him on a higher full house not quads) this left me with 1500 chips to play with no happy ending though busted 72cd, 2 off cash but a fold is sometimes a winning move in any tournament. Anjie by the way i wouldnt of expected him to hold 83, but 88, 33 22 were all possibilities. 
    Posted by spitfire10
    It was a great fold - your Oppo had Quad Queens, & you had the House. By any standard, that's a great fold.

It's a great Fold in any Tourney. It's a wrong fold in the standard 9pm Open, but a good player can make this Fold in a Deepie. That's the difference between Deepies & the faster stuff.
  • spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2009
    n Response to Re: I AM FUMMING!:
    In Response to Re: I AM FUMMING! : It was a great fold - your Oppo had Quad Queens, & you had the House. By any standard, that's a great fold. It's a great Fold in any Tourney. It's a wrong fold in the standard 9pm Open, but a good player can make this Fold in a Deepie. That's the difference between Deepies & the faster stuff.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agree tk it was a bad fold in the open tournament because of the structure etc but i had just taken 2 bad beats earlier and i thought if i can double up in the next few hands i would still have a fighting chance. I just like to get my chips in first if i get sucked out on i cant do anything about that, but even with the open i still like to play the board correctly ie if i think i am behind then get out, sometimes this may be a weakness in my game ie willing to gamble at certain points but every game try and learn something and take it into the next game.