You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

7pm tonight, £10 + £1, & 11 players entered already.

This now forms part of the Sky Poker Super Seven affordable 10 Seat Deepies. New Names for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Deepies should be made known shortly - we await Sky Rich's decision on those with some interest.

It also forms part of the new "Deepstack League" that FlashFlush has kindly agreed to organise & run, & which has been going for 2 days now. This League is gonna create some well-good banter, & I'm delighted to be part of it.

Be good to get a tidy field for tonight.

I do have just one little problem though.....

More to follow.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009

Some time ago, way before the tikay Sleepie was started, I agreed to go to Luton tonight with Orful Orford & a bunch of Sky Poker players. (I'll have the Camera with me, so I'll do a write-up of the Evening in a Blog).

I've agonised over this, but I really don't like letting folks down, & I did agree to be at Luton tonight a very long time back. 

So I'm afraid I will not be playing tonight's "tikay Sleepstack", which seems rather ungenerous of me, not to say ungrateful.

There you go. Flame away, I'm all yours. ;)

PS - In mitigation, M'Lord, I plan to play the Thursday, Friday, & Sunday Deepies.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie:
    7pm tonight, £10 + £1, & 11 players entered already. This now forms part of the Sky Poker Super Seven affordable 10 Seat Deepies. New Names for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Deepies should be made known shortly - we await Sky Rich's decision on those with some interest. It also forms part of the new "Deepstack League" that FlashFlush has kindly agreed to organise & run, & which has been going for 2 days now. This League is gonna create some well-good banter, & I'm delighted to be part of it. Be good to get a tidy field for tonight. I do have just one little problem though..... More to follow.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Iv heard you mention your dilema tikay. To be honest with deepstacks running everyday and your trny running every week, dont worry about us, we will not mind if you miss a tikay sleepstack once in a while.... go out and enjoy yourself :D
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    I forgive ya ;)  You do so much for these games no one's gonna think anything bad of you.  Enjoy yourself and take some of Orford's money (before everyone else does).
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie:
    Some time ago, way before the tikay Sleepie was started, I agreed to go to Luton tonight with Orful Orford & a bunch of Sky Poker players. (I'll have the Camera with me, so I'll do a write-up of the Evening in a Blog). I've agonised over this, but I really don't like letting folks down, & I did agree to be at Luton tonight a very long time back.  So I'm afraid I will not be playing tonight's "tikay Sleepstack", which seems rather ungenerous of me, not to say ungrateful. There you go. Flame away, I'm all yours. ;) PS - In mitigation, M'Lord, I plan to play the Thursday, Friday, & Sunday Deepies.
    Posted by Tikay10

go and have some fun Tony let your hair down we will all benefit by the blog you come back with should be a good read
    have a good night m8

michael
    edited August 2009
    Where is it? It's not in the tourney lobby yet!
    edited August 2009
    Where is it? It's not in the tourney lobby yet!
    Posted by phil12uk
    It most certainly is!

It's not at the top, where it usually is, within the "Headline Tourneys", it's there in "time order", at 7pm. See, I miss one night, & they immediately demote me, sigh.....

These are the lucky 13 who have entered thus far - they all found it.....;)
    ATOMANT55  5000 
    CraigBhoy  5000 
    diablo_pez  5000 
    FlashFlush  5000 
    GREGHOGG  5000 
    MADMOO  5000 
    mr_mbro  5000 
    reevy99  5000 
    silentbob  5000 
    SoLack  5000 
    SolidStan1  5000 
    stetho  5000 
    _SHAMROCK_  5000 
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    hi tk , having to go with HIM is punishment enough !!!  lol. hope you have a great time . no one should think badly of you for going .
    edited August 2009
    hi tk , having to go with HIM is punishment enough !!!  lol. hope you have a great time . no one should think badly of you for going .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Thanks Pillow.

Yes, the Orford presence is the only downside tonight. Hey-ho, I'll win the Last-Longer. He's cashed twice from three outings  there - but lightning can't strike again.

PS - Have you ever been "frumped"? My Nan - Grandma Angell - used to frump pillows.
    edited August 2009
    lol,  ( FRUMPED ? ) ill have to find that goooglie thing first ,could take a few days.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Enjoy tonight TK. I do believe Alan and myself will be entering the 2x £3 deepies this week instead of playing at the pub. £3 for 3-4 hrs possible play!! VALUE TOWN
    edited August 2009
    lol,  ( FRUMPED ? ) ill have to find that goooglie thing first ,could take a few days.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Oops, strike that - "frumped" was the wrong word. I meant "plumped", sorry.

One plumps one's pillows, like.
    edited August 2009
    Enjoy tonight TK. I do believe Alan and myself will be entering the 2x £3 deepies this week instead of playing at the pub. £3 for 3-4 hrs possible play!! VALUE TOWN
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Good Luck to both of you in those. I'll be playing at least one of the £3 jobbies - I can't remember what nights they are right now, but I plan to play the Thursday, Friday, & Sunday 10-seater Deepies, so I'll see you both, I hope.

As you say, up to 4 hours for £3 - AND the chance to win a bob or two - AND get in Flash's League. Gotta be Value, that.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie : Good Luck to both of you in those. I'll be playing at least one of the £3 jobbies - I can't remember what nights they are right now, but I plan to play the Thursday, Friday, & Sunday 10-seater Deepies, so I'll see you both, I hope. As you say, up to 4 hours for £3 - AND the chance to win a bob or two - AND get in Flash's League. Gotta be Value, that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I think Fri/Sun are the £3 ones. My prediction is we will break the 100 player mark for these.

By the way what is the format tonight at Luton?
    edited August 2009
    Found it! Tikay's name in the middle of the pack and not near the top...........kinda like ur results in these deepies so far ;)
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie : Yes I think Fri/Sun are the £3 ones. My prediction is we will break the 100 player mark for these. By the way what is the format tonight at Luton?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    It's a 10,000 chip £50 Freezeout. With a 20 minute clock.

A 20 minute clock "Live" is equivelant to a 5 or 6 minute Clock Online.

So it'll cost me £50, but I'll have a £20 Last-Longer with Orford which will, in effect, get me in the Tourney for £30.

Sky Harry, Rich, & a few others will be there, but I think Sky-Rosie is gonna swerve it. "Virgonian" is still to make her mind up. Women, eh? HuckNall, BennyDip & ChompyIMO will all be present, I imagine, maybe "DngDell too, plus a few other Sky Pokererers.
    edited August 2009
    Found it! Tikay's name in the middle of the pack and not near the top...........kinda like ur results in these deepies so far ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Out of order, that. In both senses. ;)
    edited August 2009
    that goggle thing is very confusing. will stick to poker for now. i also have a dilemma . really want to play the deepstack tonight but bankroll says no. i could reload so it says yes but would like to earn the right to play the bigger buyins.this pillow needs frumping ,plumping or something.
    edited August 2009
    that goggle thing is very confusing. will stick to poker for now. i also have a dilemma . really want to play the deepstack tonight but bankroll says no. i could reload so it says yes but would like to earn the right to play the bigger buyins.this pillow needs frumping ,plumping or something.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Stick to your Bankroll Discipline!

It is the FIRST rule of a good Poker player - only play with what you can afford.

The great Simon "Aces" Trumper was invited last week to play in the upcoming series of Late Night Poker. The Buy-In was $10,000.

That's above his Bankroll, so he decided to sell 50% of himself to stakers, or backers. Several of us - me included - agreed to purchase shares in him, but the timescale was tight, he only had 2 days to decide (& sell the 50%) before Entries closed.

He sold 40%, so there was only 10% left - & he promptly said "sorry, I'm not playing".

THATS Bankroll Management, & Discipline, by a guy who's been playing for 20+ years. And he's one of less than a handful who have survived the brutal game that long. Because he guards his Bankrioll with his life.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Deepie is the tikay Sleepie : It's a 10,000 chip £50 Freezeout. With a 20 minute clock. A 20 minute clock "Live" is equivelant to a 5 or 6 minute Clock Online. So it'll cost me £50, but I'll have a £20 Last-Longer with Orford which will, in effect, get me in the Tourney for £30. Sky Harry, Rich, & a few others will be there, but I think Sky-Rosie is gonna swerve it. "Virgonian" is still to make her mind up. Women, eh? HuckNall, BennyDip & ChompyIMO will all be present, I imagine, maybe "DngDell too, plus a few other Sky Pokererers.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Add "Sky-Alan" (Sky Poker Producer, Feltham) to that list.
    edited August 2009
    thanks tk , i know youre right and i wont play . just had somuch fun in the last 2 deepies , despite my kk getting flushed by a 10 on monday. ill be back in the 3 pound one on friday.