You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
Hi Guys,

If you feel that you have a technical problem that isn't anything to do with your computer, connection etc and is at our (Sky Poker's) end, then please follow the steps below to ensure that the matter is fully investigated, giving you the best possible resolution and customer experience.

Although a great platform to post your thoughts and opinions, technical issues raised on the forum might not be the best or fastest way to have your query resolved - Customer Care are the folks for that! To give us the best possible chance please read on...

For us to fully investigate your technical problem you need to

contact our Customer Care Team and have the following information to hand -

·         Username

·         Poker Alias

·         Time of disconnect

·         Hand ID (s)

·         Has this happened for you before?

·         If so when (approx)

·         Geographical location of the user

·         ISP

·         Browser

·         Operating System

·         Version of flash Player

·         Were you running other applications at the time?

Once the Customer Care Team have all of this information, it will be passed to our technical team for investigation.  They will also endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.

You can get in touch with the team either by free phone (08000 720 882), by email (help@skypoker.com) or by live chat (links at the bottom of the page).

Sky Poker is committed to providing a stable gaming platform for our customers and apologise for any inconvenience you may experience while using our service.

Of course other community members can still help with issues so if you have any problems with table sizing, browser pop ups etc feel free to start a new thread and post them here. 

Thanks everyone.

Rich

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2010
    I agree Rich, the forum is a great place to discuss "our" technical issues, that are "our" fault---- Obviously, any issue that is Sky's fault should be kept a secret between the individual concerned and customer care, and certainly not posted on the forum, where everyone can see it---- Jeezz, things like that could lead to people thinking that Sky has technical issues that are it's own fault or something!!!
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2010
    I think there is a great benefit on having technical issues, whether the source has been identified or not, discussed on the forum.  Then other customers can see if their problem or a similar problem has affected anyone else.

I have seen many different problems posted on the forum lately where the only response has been to post a link to this thread.  Not great customer care in my opinion.
  • BawhummBawhumm Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]:
    I think there is a great benefit on having technical issues, whether the source has been identified or not, discussed on the forum.  Then other customers can see if their problem or a similar problem has affected anyone else. I have seen many different problems posted on the forum lately where the only response has been to post a link to this thread.  Not great customer care in my opinion.
    Posted by Machka
    + 1
  • Sky_JordanSky_Jordan Member Posts: 734
    edited September 2010
    Hi Guys,

Sorry you feel this way, we are making a concerted effort to prevent this type of thing happening.

If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please use the form at the top of this thread.

Many thanks,
    Jordan
  • lukedashlukedash Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]:
    [QUOTE} FORGET IT,I AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS A PROBLEM IS WRONG,SO SKY POKER IS PERFECT,GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO HAS GAINED FROM OTHER PEOPLES MISFORTUNE,SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THE HELP OR ANSWERS REQUIRED,SO I THINK I WILL TAKE THIS MORE SERIOUSLY NOW AND GET SOME SATISFACTION BY WINNING AS MUCH MONEY AS I CAN,GOT A NICE LIST OF PEOPLE TO TARGET SO LETS HAVE IT.
  • lukedashlukedash Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    I agree Rich, the forum is a great place to discuss "our" technical issues, that are "our" fault---- Obviously, any issue that is Sky's fault should be kept a secret between the individual concerned and customer care, and certainly not posted on the forum, where everyone can see it---- Jeezz, things like that could lead to people thinking that Sky has technical issues that are it's own fault or something!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    TAKE A DAY OFF JED CLAMPET,NOBODY LIKES BOOTLICKERS
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2010
    Twas a joke you flopwit--geddit?
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2010
    I think there is a great benefit on having technical issues, whether the source has been identified or not, discussed on the forum.  Then other customers can see if their problem or a similar problem has affected anyone else. I have seen many different problems posted on the forum lately where the only response has been to post a link to this thread.  Not great customer care in my opinion.
    Posted by Machka

Hi Machka,

I agree with your points however, the aim of my post was to direct customers in the correct direction to ensure issues get dealt with sufficiently.

Although we try, we can't always promise that issues will be escalated in the correct way when posted on the forum.

Going to customer care ENSURES that issues will be passed to our technical teams and looked at quickly.

This way also ensures the technical team get the required information they need to be able to conduct thorough investigations. Forum posts/threads often lead to missing chunks of vital information or threads that go back and forth.

Following the above instructions will be beneficial to all.

Thanks guys,

Rich
  • ranklerrankler Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I spent 40 mins on the phone about a technical problem.When no solution was reached i got fobbed off with 'ill send the issue to the technical department for review'.

The so called 'customer care' team replied via email with 3 lines saying there is nothing that they can do.
    That was it nothing else no explanation sorry nothing........

GREAT CUSTOMER CARE whats the point of playing here????????????

What are the benefits?????

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2010
    Hi Rankler,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and your problems with the site/with the customer care team.

I'll pass this post straight over and arrange someone to contact you.

we will be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

Rich
  • jamie167jamie167 Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2010
    i'm not sure if i'm on the right one but it won't let me play in the blue freeroll and i was a blue team member.
  • jamie167jamie167 Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2010
    It's ok i'm in now.
  • legend50legend50 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I have downladed the sky poker dowlnoad application.
    I then log in as per normnal and try and oen a 2p 4p table.
    It opens the windwo for about 2 seconds then logs me out of the site even though am still at the table.

It kept on doing this am getting really frsutated..

have dowlonaded the app a second time still same issues amd can't chat to avdisor

Has anyone else had these same problems???

Thanks

Richard
  • Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited February 2011
    Hi fra4nkie,

Did you contact customer care when you experienced these issues?
    Unless we know all the facts it is difficult to investigate.

Regards
    Lee
    edited February 2011
    Hi Richard,

So your steps are...

-Open the download
    -enter login details and click 'sign in'
    -open a 2p/4p cash table
    -you are then logged out of the download

Does the download stay open? Are you still sat at the table? when you do this do you have the full site in the background and are you logged in on there?

Regards
    Lee
  • KasparianKasparian Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    SKP I'm finding it difficult and frustrating to play poker on your site. There is a 5-10 second delay before I can take any action sometimes resulting in my hands being folded before I can make a decision. My connection is good and I do not have other apps open. It is definately your site. I will be forced to play elsewhere if this is not sorted. Can you do something?

In Response to Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]:
    Hi Guys, If you feel that you have a technical problem that isn't anything to do with your computer, connection etc and is at our (Sky Poker's) end, then please follow the steps below to ensure that the matter is fully investigated, giving you the best possible resolution and customer experience. Although a great platform to post your thoughts and opinions, we can't ensure that all technical issues raised on the forum will be fully investigated or resolved. To give us the best possible chance please read on... For us to fully investigate your technical problem you need to contact our customer carer team and have the following information to hand - ·          Username ·          Poker Alias ·          Time of disconnect ·          Hand ID (s) ·          Has this happened for you before? ·          If so when (approx) ·          Geographical location of the user ·          ISP ·          Browser ·          Operating System ·          Version of flash Player ·          Were you running other applications at the time? Once the customer care team have all of this information, it will be passed to our technical team for investigation.  They will also endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours. You can get in touch with the team either by free phone (08000 720 882), by email ( help@skypoker.com ) or by live chat (links at the bottom of the page). Sky Poker is committed to providing a stable gaming platform for our customers and apologise for any inconvenience you may experience while using our service. of course other community members can still help with issues so if you have any problems with table sizing, browser pop ups etc feel free to start a new thread and post them here.   Thanks everyone.   Rich  
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    edited March 2011
    Hi Kasparian,

As stated at the beginning of this thread, you need to provide us with the details outlined so that we can fully investigate any possible issues.

Thanks
    Lee
  • kronk1955kronk1955 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Hi

Iwas playing the £400 bounty hunter tonight when another tourney that I hadn't enterede suddenly appeared with me on it. as a newcomer I got rathered flustered and found the only way to get rid of the rogue tourney was to go all in and lose. In the meantime I was "away" on the bounty hunter and it wouldn't let me back. When it did Ifound that if I tried to see the tournement lobby it came up with the lobby for the other tourney. In the enmd I got so fed up I went all in just to get out of the touney and check my account where it  said I had registered for the rogue tourney at 17.59 (a good trick as I was out at the time and my computer was switced off 
  • SMOOVSHADYSMOOVSHADY Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    That was BS, nicely placed in tourney, rubbish connection - from your end sky, fold my Qs and then every other hand, thanks a lot for providing a very poor service.
  • roadenderroadender Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2011
    hi rich,
            i am new to the forum but i am finding when i post it seems to not go green like all the others, and says this post is closed, (i guess this is why they are being ignored) what am i doing wrong ? please check my recent posts from yesterday and today and let me know, sorry but i am not as young as most of your punters lol.

kind regards terry.