You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]

Comments

• HAPPYNIGE4HAPPYNIGE4 Member Posts: 327
    edited September 2011
    OK not sure if this is the right place for this, but its doing my head in !
    In the "Find a Player" section, anyone that puts my Alias in, it just says no player found.......WHY? Please help. Friends and fellow team members find it strange, and since I work away every week , people family etc, need to FIND ME !!!!
    Thanks in advance for any help from SKY_Lee or anyone !
    Always Happy, (HAPPYNIGE4)

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2011
    You must have been on the Find-A-Player opt out list from when you originally registered on Sky Poker. 

If you go into live chat or give customer services a call they can add you back into the Find-A-Player facility.
  • cleansweepcleansweep Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2012
    I understand ther are correct places to report one off problems.
    But in the last few weeks since the new tourneys arrived there have been major problems that have affected multiple players.
    I am no expert, but the volume of players on the site when problems are experienced always seems to be high which could indicate software problems.
    Sky Customer services are aware of the problems and I believe under the terms of their license agreement should be doing more to keep their customers informed.
    IMO Your thread should be followed for individual problems but not for the mass problems which I have witnessed on at least three occasions recently.
    The service provided by Sky poker Jordan Lee Sam etc seems to be a world apart from the response you get from live chat where its as though you're guilty until proven innocent. I was disgusted My new member bonus and my friends refer a friend bonus were rejected because I had previously taken part in the Sky Super 6 but I believe trading standards are now taking the matter up. 
  • lion64lion64 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    i can not see my cards . when it gets to me my hand just gets follded.how can i solve this
  • tripl3ac3stripl3ac3s Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2012

hi, i won a seat to the 21:30 £2000 bounty hunter by satelite but i havnt been registered??
    ive tried getting through to live chat but it doesnt seem to be working?
    any ideas as the tourney is 25 mins away!

• FIXUMUGFIXUMUG Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Having read all this I think Ive had my questions answererd. Looks like your servers can't handle the demands on them. I was looking foward to playing in sterling & not dollars. Only been playing for 3 days have done well. Can't imagine how much I would win if I could actually play the table Im at instead of losing connection all the time. Your poker program looks good & I want to deposit but am put off by the problems Im having so will play with the free money untill it runs out then move on.
  • charlieonecharlieone Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    hi i have entered a tournament the table comes up everything looks good
    but  it does not show me my hand.  and does not allow me even to bet just makes me fold
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ]:
    hi i have entered a tournament the table comes up everything looks good but  it does not show me my hand.  and does not allow me even to bet just makes me fold
    Posted by charlieone

Try closing the table and re-open it.

If this doesn't fix it try closing the table and logging out and then back in again.

• guardsman1guardsman1 Member Posts: 100
    edited November 2012
    Hi sorry for bothering you, I was playing in the £55 bounty hunter last night, ( 6th-11-12 ) and was very lucky to get almost 158k ahead and was double the second place with only 10 players left I then got booted and by the time I got back on to skypoker I had 16k left and finnished in 5th , I was so annyoed but when ever you call up and ask what the problem was you get told it was your end and there is nothing sky can do about it, I admit I was playing some of the best poker I have ever played and was hoping to reach the top 3 at the very least and I feel so so cheated any advice would be welcome
  • wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,518
    edited November 2012
    i can not see my cards . when it gets to me my hand just gets follded.how can i solve this
    Posted by lion64
    I have had this problem many times,the latest was last night,I now close down sky poker and sign in again.Seems to cure the problem,but not to my advantage,lost a load of chips.Has been reported to sky before!
    I have also been having a problem with lag,this happens daily,you press a button but get no immediate response,by the time it responds, you are either folded or checked!
  • BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2012

i just came across this thread and had a look through, thank you for posting up the guidelines for technical help. ill make sure to keep them handy in case i experience any further problems, but luckily havent done in yonks.  some of the replies posted after youve clearly stated the coorect procedures for resolving technical issues are moronic to say the least. people need to give it a rest and if you experience tech difficulties then contact customer help as advised and stop whinging on here

• BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2012
    and to further clarify the whinging ones are the ones saying BS and being sarcastic about great customer service etc, those who have a particular issue and wishing for a resolution were not included in my rant  ; )
  • nickkaynickkay Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2012
    After a substantial break from online poker with Sky, I wanted to return and so tried to deposit. On doing so, I was told that it was a problem with my bank. After asking the bank, they said it was nothing at there end and the Sky customer service lady (who was very helpful) said it definitly wasn't a problem at their end.

I was wondering if it was possible to unregister all my registered cards and then re register to see if this resolves the problem as I only have the one bank account.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  • lolli67lolli67 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I find it really confusing when I register for a tournament, it takes my money , then wont let me launch the tournament. Am I doing something wrong? 
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited December 2012
    I find it really confusing when I register for a tournament, it takes my money , then wont let me launch the tournament. Am I doing something wrong? 
    Posted by lolli67

What kind of tournament is it? I'm guessing it's a sheduled MTT (Multi Table Tournament).

If it is this, then it will start at a certain time. It will tell you all the info when you click to register for it. Have a look for the start time and it will automatically launch if you're logged in when it does start.

If this isn't happening then you may have something blocking it on your pc.

How are you playing on the site? Have you downloaded the software client or are you playing through your web browser?
  • pompeyredpompeyred Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ] : What kind of tournament is it? I'm guessing it's a sheduled MTT (Multi Table Tournament). If it is this, then it will start at a certain time. It will tell you all the info when you click to register for it. Have a look for the start time and it will automatically launch if you're logged in when it does start. If this isn't happening then you may have something blocking it on your pc. How are you playing on the site? Have you downloaded the software client or are you playing through your web browser?
    Posted by AcidMan27

im giving up playing here. sit and go tourneys that take 15 minutes to open up, sat looking at a black screen with a grey circle going round isnt my idea of fun when iv paid a few quid to play poker. its not even massive stakes but thats not the point. live chat customer care........... care! lol, i won't go there as i might say something i shouldn't. load of cobblers im afraid, 
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Technical problem? Here's what to do.... [PLEASE READ] : im giving up playing here. sit and go tourneys that take 15 minutes to open up, sat looking at a black screen with a grey circle going round isnt my idea of fun when iv paid a few quid to play poker. its not even massive stakes but thats not the point. live chat customer care........... care! lol, i won't go there as i might say something i shouldn't. load of cobblers im afraid, 
    Posted by pompeyred
    can you post some details of your set up whether using the download or a browser,

wireless / dongle that sort of stuff, someone may then be able to help

• tomo_efctomo_efc Member Posts: 716
    edited January 2013
    MY ALIAS HAS BEEN CHANGED.
    Been in touch with customer care but have heard nothing.
    Anyone have any suggestions.
  • fuzzmuff63fuzzmuff63 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Reading the above posts just confirmed what I thought about this site. The worst poker software out there. A split second to make a decision is rubbish. No two ways about it, and I've played here for a few months but the same problems that are aired above have persisted. I've sent in my complaints, but I don't expect it to get better. You'll lose more players if you don't sort it out. Watching a KK etc folded before you can even click the raise button is no fun. Sky as a company have so much money, yet this poker site is a total donkey. Shame really, coz it could be a good site for UK players.
  • StuPeasStuPeas Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    The £10 sign up cash is bogus, you don't get cash you get tokens and they are rubbish as well.

If you use a token to register for a sit-and-go then cancel registration the token vanishes. NO WARNING OF THIS IS GIVEN IT JUST VANISHES AS THOUGH IT IS USED EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NOT BEEN USED.

I lost more than half of my free credit because of this!

They should give you £10 CASH like it says not flaming tokens!

PURPOSEFULLY MISLEADING! IT'S JUST PLAIN WRONG!