You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30.

Comments

• BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited August 2009
    I am one of the people who advocated cheaper deepies on the forum, so i want to apologise that i wont be able to play this tonight as i am committed to taking the good lady to the cinema.  I briefly considered smuggling the lap top into the cineworld but i suspect that would be frowned upon both by cinema management and the good lady herself.

However, am I right in thinking there is also a £3 deepie on Sunday night? 

If so, I'll be involved in that one.

Good luck everyone tonight, have a great game, and i hope the turnout is a good one.

Ray
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

i reckon the runners tonight could be  200+
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30.:
    I am one of the people who advocated cheaper deepies on the forum, so i want to apologise that i wont be able to play this tonight as i am committed to taking the good lady to the cinema.  I briefly considered smuggling the lap top into the cineworld but i suspect that would be frowned upon both by cinema management and the good lady herself. However, am I right in thinking there is also a £3 deepie on Sunday night?  If so, I'll be involved in that one. Good luck everyone tonight, have a great game, and i hope the turnout is a good one. Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Hi Ray

Let me guess the film - That time travelling love one?!

Yup mate one on Sunday night!

Dave
  • BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited August 2009
    Hi Dave

Time for a big confession here...

I actually bought linda the time travellers wife book for xmas a couple of years back, but she couldnt get her head round this time travelling business and never got beyond page 6.  So, when the film came out i thought she might fancy it, and then return to the book. Wrong, she blew it out the water, and decided she wanted to see The ugly Truth as she is partial to gerrard butler.

So to the confession. 

I actually went to the cinema myself the other night to see A Perfect getaway.  The thing is, as this finished I noticed that the Time travellers wife was just about to start.  Having one of those monthly passes, I thought to myself, why not. Well, in I went and watched  the thing myself. I make no excuses...

Ray
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited August 2009
    Is the massive carp himself Orford playing tonight as well???
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil. Sadly the massive carp Orford couldn't make it tonight.

Luckily, the massive shark Orford said he'll be playing instead...

Pens and paper at the ready folks- you're about to get a poker lesson. 7pm sharp!
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009

hi rich , nice work m8.  .the entry number will shoot up now !!!!!!

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    I am one of the people who advocated cheaper deepies on the forum, so i want to apologise that i wont be able to play this tonight as i am committed to taking the good lady to the cinema.  I briefly considered smuggling the lap top into the cineworld but i suspect that would be frowned upon both by cinema management and the good lady herself. However, am I right in thinking there is also a £3 deepie on Sunday night?  If so, I'll be involved in that one. Good luck everyone tonight, have a great game, and i hope the turnout is a good one. Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Hi Buisty,

As the Fish Orford noted earlier, yeah, there is a £3 + £0.30 10 Seater Deepie at 7pm on Sunday night.

No excuses. Be there, or you'll be in a world of trouble.
    edited August 2009

4pm, & 31 hardy Souls Registered.

I'm being cautious, (I think like I play) but 100 remains very possible.

Be a few Deepie League Points up for grabs, that's for sure.
    edited August 2009

Oops, make that two little ducks, 33.

Interestingly, Orford is still in.
    acebarry10  5000 
    BANDICOOT  5000 
    bartonbr12  5000 
    BigBoss22  5000 
    chauni1990  5000 
    Draig  5000 
    DTWBANDIT  5000 
    fingers615  5000 
    GREGHOGG  5000 
    Hornet80  5000 
    Huck_Nall  5000 
    ian1976  5000 
    ian4614  5000 
    joyce1  5000 
    kennybad  5000 
    Kiwini4u  5000 
    MADMOO  5000 
    mat170202  5000 
    mike1975  5000 
    MRDICKIE  5000 
    MYSHARKY  5000 
    phil12uk  5000 
    PILLOWMAN  5000 
    pokerace15  5000 
    RichOrford  5000 
    rossjb14  5000 
    scotty77  5000 
    sofadude  5000 
    SoLack  5000 
    SolarCarro  5000 
    SpongeDoug  5000 
    Taller_Guy  5000 
    tikay1  5000 
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30. : Hi Phil. Sadly the massive carp Orford couldn't make it tonight. Luckily, the massive shark Orford said he'll be playing instead... Pens and paper at the ready folks- you're about to get a poker lesson. 7pm sharp!
    Posted by RichOrford
    My game has come on a whole bunch since watching you at Luton Weds Rich!
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    Looking forward to the game tonight. 

I'm thinking we will get to at least 100 and possibly as many as 150 for this size buy in and maybe a few of them will enjoy deepstacks so much that they will start to play in the higher price games.

Oh and before I forget, congrats Tikay on the win last night.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30. : My game has come on a whole bunch since watching you at Luton Weds Rich!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    Now that IS funny Roy. Nice one.

I particularly enjoyed that guy trapping Orford all ends up with Pocket Kings & Orford totally at sea with 8-9. Then the 7-T-J flop came. Sigh.
    edited August 2009
    Looking forward to the game tonight.  I'm thinking we will get to at least 100 and possibly as many as 150 for this size buy in and maybe a few of them will enjoy deepstacks so much that they will start to play in the higher price games. Oh and before I forget, congrats Tikay on the win last night.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks Kiwi - see you later.
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    Many apologies but I have to miss tonight.

Friday is my B & M game at my local club where I need the league points up for grabs ( and it's a fun night out ! )

Thanks again to Sky for putting these Deepies on and I will be playing more in future

Good Luck all and have FUN...
    edited August 2009
    Many apologies but I have to miss tonight. Friday is my B & M game at my local club where I need the league points up for grabs ( and it's a fun night out ! ) Thanks again to Sky for putting these Deepies on and I will be playing more in future Good Luck all and have FUN...
    Posted by FBS
    No wirries FBS, get it won.

But don't forget, there is another £3 10 Seater Deepie on Sunday night - try & play that one.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30. : Now that IS funny Roy. Nice one. I particularly enjoyed that guy trapping Orford all ends up with Pocket Kings & Orford totally at sea with 8-9. Then the 7-T-J flop came. Sigh.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Surely we need to hear some more of these Luton stories?
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited August 2009

Are we having breaks in tonights tourney?

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30. : Surely we need to hear some more of these Luton stories?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Oh, don't worry - you will. Two different versions, I suspect, too. ;)

I took a few 'photos, too, so you can put faces to Online Aliases.
    edited August 2009
    Are we having breaks in tonights tourney?
    Posted by MADMOO
    Good question!

For those who did not play last night's 10 Seater Deepie, what Mrs Moo is alluding to is that there were no Tourney breaks last night, so 4 hours without a "comfort break" was a bit awkward. It was for me, I can assure you!

So I wrote to the Ledge that is Sky-Bernie as soon as it finished (well, after I'd had that long overdue comfort break) & he wrote back to me this morning, as utterly honest as always - "it was an inputting error in Head Office, we simply forgot to insert Tourney Breaks into the Template". Bit disarming, that reply - how can we argue?!

He assures me that Breaks will be "as per usual" tonight, & apologised for the misunderstanding.

And if Bernie says it will be right tonight, it will be right tonight!
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: An Orfordable Deepie - tonight, 7pm. £3 + £0.30. : Oh, don't worry - you will. Two different versions, I suspect, too. ;) I took a few 'photos, too, so you can put faces to Online Aliases.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hhaha oh dear, does Sky have an airbrushing department?!