You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

New Community functionality... coming soon!

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
hello people,

i have been trying to keep quiet about this, but it seems i cant keep it in any longer.... ooops!

(i do also quite enjoy trying to make people as excited as i get!)

ok enough of my rambling...here goes....

next week (possibly the end of next week) we will release some new community functionality.

they have been under development for the last couple of months in order to iron out all the bugs and make sure we're giving you something really good that actually works!

the main development will be a private messaging system - allowing you all to send private messages to your buddies.

within private messaging you will be able to ignore anyone you don't want to receive messages from and even search the whole of the community to find certain people. - i know a 'search for friends' function has been a major miss in the community so far, (this will solve all that and allow you to find anyone's profile you want! hurrah!)

another cool feature we will have is the ability to subscribe to certain forum threads for email alerts when i new post has been made. this has also been asked for a lot and will make things much easier when you are waiting for a reply to a certain question or just want to keep up to date with what's going on.

i will keep you all updated and let you know exactly when you'll all be able to have a play with the cool new toys!

happy posting,

Rich

(has it worked??? are you excited!?)

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

Exactly what was needed.

Yay.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Sounds good to me, thanks folks.

• MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Looking forward to it.

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Cool even more reason to spend time on here ;) Well done SKY
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Excellent! Great work yet again in developing this forum to the next stage.
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Nice 1 rich well done
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Yabba dabba doooooooooooooooooo
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    In Response to New Community functionality... coming soon!:
    a private messaging system - allowing you all to send private messages to your buddies. Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hmmm, not sure that I like this, could this induce cheating, like colluding during a game.
    The sky poker forums are great, but as for turning this site into a social network is NOT a good idea.
    We already have to much bullying going on in these forums, giving people more tools and weapons (especially where real money is involved) sounds a bad idea. Leave the social networking to FaceBook, and just continue along the lines of good old poker!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon!:
    In Response to New Community functionality... coming soon! : Hmmm, not sure that I like this, could this induce cheating, like colluding during a game. The sky poker forums are great, but as for turning this site into a social network is NOT a good idea. We already have to much bullying going on in these forums, giving people more tools and weapons (especially where real money is involved) sounds a bad idea. Leave the social networking to FaceBook, and just continue along the lines of good old poker!
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Hi Stan,

It won't help would-be colluders, & anyway, they wpuld all be picked up by the anti-collusion systems anyway. In that respect, it's much the same as e-Mails, which anyone could use now.

Every Poker Forum has a Private Message (PM) service, & this is just part of the planned development of this Forum.

I have Forum interests elsewhere, & the PM Service there really helps folks develop friendships. My Inbox there has over 12,000 Inbound PM's, & not one of them allude to anything improper.

It's just part of building, for the long-term, the Sky Poker Community.
  • 1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    what a lot of bulls hit
  • 1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    the softwere is so corupt
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    yes  sounds good to me  ..nice one Rich and Co..
    edited August 2009
    Hi Rich, 

Is there any chance of slipping in another simple, but very handy, standard forum feature - a Mark All Read feature at both sub-forum and the entire forum level?
    Thanks.

• hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Hi Stan, It won't help would-be colluders, & anyway, they wpuld all be picked up by the anti-collusion systems anyway. In that respect, it's much the same as e-Mails, which anyone could use now. Every Poker Forum has a Private Message (PM) service, & this is just part of the planned development of this Forum. I have Forum interests elsewhere, & the PM Service there really helps folks develop friendships. My Inbox there has over 12,000 Inbound PM's, & not one of them allude to anything improper. It's just part of building, for the long-term, the Sky Poker Community.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can i take it then  that the anti collusion measures involve sky reading " private"  messages  then ?
    edited August 2009
    The PM mechanism is far too slow to be a collusion tool. People would use 'live' chat such as MSN Messenger (or even the phone!) rather than PM. By the time you've written a PM, and the other person has realised they've been sent one and gone into their PM inbox to check, the hand would be done anyway.

• Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited August 2009

Good improvement, well needed.

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Can i take it then  that the anti collusion measures involve sky reading " private"  messages  then ?
    Posted by hogan2089
    I see no answer to my question there, perhaps it should be moved to area 51 , in advance of the forthcoming p.m option .....lol
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Can i take it then  that the anti collusion measures involve sky reading " private"  messages  then ?
    Posted by hogan2089
    Hi Mr Hogan,

The anti-collusion measures thst Sky Poker use work extremely well. Some Members have proof of that......

They have been in place since the Cardroom started. That's way before the Forum began, & before the upcoming PM Message will be installed. Nobody would need to read PM's to detect collusion, because PM's would never be used for collusion.

Sorry I never responded to your question earlier (though it's not my responsibility so to do) but yesterday was a bit "hot" round here. To be fair, I had, in effect, already replied to your questiuon in my reply to Solidstan, on this Thread, in which I said.....

"....Hi Stan,

It won't help would-be colluders, & anyway, they wpuld all be picked up by the anti-collusion systems anyway. In that respect, it's much the same as e-Mails, which anyone could use now.

Every Poker Forum has a Private Message (PM) service, & this is just part of the planned development of this Forum.

I have Forum interests elsewhere, & the PM Service there really helps folks develop friendships. My Inbox there has over 12,000 Inbound PM's, & not one of them allude to anything improper.

It's just part of building, for the long-term, the Sky Poker Community......"

I don't suppose I'll be your hero, Mr Hogan, but I hope you continue to enjoy the Sky Poker Community & poker experience.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Hi Mr Hogan, The anti-collusion measures thst Sky Poker use work extremely well. Some Members have proof of that...... They have been in place since the Cardroom started. That's way before the Forum began, & before the upcoming PM Message will be installed. Nobody would need to read PM's to detect collusion, because PM's would never be used for collusion. Sorry I never responded to your question earlier (though it's not my responsibility so to do) but yesterday was a bit "hot" round here. To be fair, I had, in effect, already replied to your questiuon in my reply to Solidstan, on this Thread, in which I said..... "....Hi Stan, It won't help would-be colluders, & anyway, they wpuld all be picked up by the anti-collusion systems anyway. In that respect, it's much the same as e-Mails, which anyone could use now. Every Poker Forum has a Private Message (PM) service, & this is just part of the planned development of this Forum. I have Forum interests elsewhere, & the PM Service there really helps folks develop friendships. My Inbox there has over 12,000 Inbound PM's, & not one of them allude to anything improper. It's just part of building, for the long-term, the Sky Poker Community......" I don't suppose I'll be your hero, Mr Hogan, but I hope you continue to enjoy the Sky Poker Community & poker experience.
    Posted by Tikay10
    having read your post again properly  i see u did answer the question, and i deleted the last response of mine in accordance.
    I simply asked the question  whether pms would be read  by sky poker as part of an anti collusion programme, and im well aware  that it is not ure responsibility to answer questions on this forum on behalf of sky poker....no need for the defensiveness mr tikay and any  heroes in my life are strictly confined to my personal life, not an internet forum so i guess ure right..lol
    I do enjoy the poker on here and will continue to do so..good luck at the tables.....steve
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : having read your post again properly  i see u did answer the question, and i deleted the last response of mine in accordance. I simply asked the question  whether pms would be read  by sky poker as part of an anti collusion programme, and im well aware  that it is not ure responsibility to answer questions on this forum on behalf of sky poker....no need for the defensiveness mr tikay and any  heroes in my life are strictly confined to my personal life, not an internet forum so i guess ure right..lol I do enjoy the poker on here and will continue to do so..good luck at the tables.....steve
    Posted by hogan2089
    Defensiveness? You complained that your question had not been answered, & I agreed, as I think it should have been. So I replied myself. I don't think thats being defensive - you complained it had not been answered, so I answered it!

As to your hero comment, I'm sorry, & I would never expect anyone to have Online Heroes, it was simply my poor attempt at humour, to lighten a serious subjrect. Your name is Hogan, there was a famous film called Hogan's Heroes, I thought I'd try a play on words.  My bad, clearly.

Glad you enjoy your poker here.