You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

New Community functionality... coming soon!

2»

Comments

• hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon!:
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Defensiveness? You complained that your question had not been answered, & I agreed, as I think it should have been. So I replied myself. I don't think thats being defensive - you complained it had not been answered, so I answered it! As to your hero comment, I'm sorry, & I would never expect anyone to have Online Heroes, it was simply my poor attempt at humour, to lighten a serious subjrect. Your name is Hogan, there was a famous film called Hogan's Heroes, I thought I'd try a play on words.  My bad, clearly. Glad you enjoy your poker here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hey i got the play on words and i appreciate youre response (and as an aside the series, which if memory serves me right  used to be on a sunday lunchtime, was very good).

I hope  there will be an option with this p.m option to not allow messages, because  as one ofr the posters already mentioned  thyere is enough threatening behaviour  on this site as it is...this is already endemic in chat on the tables and has been highlighted  very recently on these forums, resulting in an exclusion.

Again good luck at the tables ...steve
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : hey i got the play on words and i appreciate youre response (and as an aside the series, which if memory serves me right  used to be on a sunday lunchtime, was very good). I hope  there will be an option with this p.m option to not allow messages, because  as one ofr the posters already mentioned  thyere is enough threatening behaviour  on this site as it is...this is already endemic in chat on the tables and has been highlighted  very recently on these forums, resulting in an exclusion. Again good luck at the tables ...steve
    Posted by hogan2089
    Thanks Steve.

I have no idea what the technical spec of the new PM functionality will be, but I'll be quite surprised if it does not include a "Ignore PM" option.

This recent little outbreak of "threatening behaviour" is equally inexplicable & inexcusable, & is quite beyond my understanding. We come here to relax & play a little poker - it's a game - & folks end up getting mardy & verbally aggresive. It's totally outwith my understanding. But it's good to see that Sky Poker have made their position quite clear - it is not going to be tolerated.

Hopefully, the message will get through, & everyone will understand that now, & we can all resume enjoying our hobby without OTT trash talk.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Thanks Steve. I have no idea what the technical spec of the new PM functionality will be, but I'll be quite surprised if it does not include a "Ignore PM" option. This recent little outbreak of "threatening behaviour" is equally inexplicable & inexcusable, & is quite beyond my understanding. We come here to relax & play a little poker - it's a game - & folks end up getting mardy & verbally aggresive. It's totally outwith my understanding. But it's good to see that Sky Poker have made their position quite clear - it is not going to be tolerated. Hopefully, the message will get through, & everyone will understand that now, & we can all resume enjoying our hobby without OTT trash talk.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1
  • hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: New Community functionality... coming soon! : Thanks Steve. I have no idea what the technical spec of the new PM functionality will be, but I'll be quite surprised if it does not include a "Ignore PM" option. This recent little outbreak of "threatening behaviour" is equally inexplicable & inexcusable, & is quite beyond my understanding. We come here to relax & play a little poker - it's a game - & folks end up getting mardy & verbally aggresive. It's totally outwith my understanding. But it's good to see that Sky Poker have made their position quite clear - it is not going to be tolerated. Hopefully, the message will get through, & everyone will understand that now, & we can all resume enjoying our hobby without OTT trash talk.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +2
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    That's all sounds good Rich, good job.

I would like to make a little suggestion about adding an extra field/box to your own profile page.

Just a box where the user can updates notes on themselves, such as a mini blog, or somewhere to keep their own stats.

or why not, have a stats box on each player's profiles page that can be auto updated to show how many wins etc...
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    That's all sounds good Rich, good job. I would like to make a little suggestion about adding an extra field/box to your own profile page. Just a box where the user can updates notes on themselves, such as a mini blog, or somewhere to keep their own stats. or why not, have a stats box on each player's profiles page that can be auto updated to show how many wins etc...
    Posted by RichiSwift
    I've just realised you can post yourself a message on your own page. This works well, now if you want to, you can keep notes about your game etc......cool.

But still, the viewable stats is an idea i'd like to put forward please.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    Hey Guys,

just to clear a few things up...

i mentioned this in the original post of this thread but incase you missed it... everyone has the option to 'ignore' messages and certain senders. simply by clicking 'ignore' will mean that you don't have to read or even see messages from whomever you wish. ( i will provide a more detailed 'how to' once it's up and running.

you can be sure that we take collusion very seriously and have a dedicated team continuously looking into this.

The private messaging will be part of the community (profile area) and not present 'in-game' on the poker tables. it is intended to be a (massive) enhancement to our community and provide our users like you with a much friendlier, smoother system that allows making friends and being part of the community an easy and enjoyable process.

it is my job to make sure that this community is the best out there and is a place that people want to come and spend some of their valuable time. i see developments like this the perfect way to fill in the gaps that we are missing at the moment and i hope you will join me in enjoying and using the new features that we release in the community.

all the best Guys,

Rich

edited August 2009
    That's all sounds good Rich, good job. I would like to make a little suggestion about adding an extra field/box to your own profile page. Just a box where the user can updates notes on themselves, such as a mini blog, or somewhere to keep their own stats. or why not, have a stats box on each player's profiles page that can be auto updated to show how many wins etc...
    Posted by RichiSwift

Thanks for your ideas Rich.

i'll definitely take note for future releases.

as you said leaving yourself a message could help solve this.
    edited August 2009
    Hi Rich,  Is there any chance of slipping in another simple, but very handy, standard forum feature - a Mark All Read  feature at both sub-forum and the entire forum level? Thanks.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi Noseybonk,

you will be happy to hear that this is already part of the release. more info to come later in the week.

all the best,

Rich
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Rich!

• SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    the viewable stats is an idea i'd like to put forward please.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    +1
    edited August 2009
    as the popular saying goes..... ' good things come to those who wait'

and that is certainly the case here.

unfortunately the new toys wont quite be ready this week - another couple of tweaks here and there are needed .

not to worry though, i'm pushing hard to get this to you all as soon as possible and we should hopefully be looking at a release early next Thursday.

Thanks for being patient everyone.

Rich
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    as the popular saying goes..... ' good things come to those who wait' and that is certainly the case here. unfortunately the new toys wont quite be ready this week - another couple of tweaks here and there are needed . not to worry though, i'm pushing hard to get this to you all as soon as possible and we should hopefully be looking at a release early next Thursday. Thanks for being patient everyone. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Such a flirt lol... we were all so eager! ;)

Next Thursday it is! bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

edited August 2009
    i know! sorry, i was as disappointed as you! darn that development team of ours