You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Orfordable league RD 5 Standings

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi All

A very good turnout last night with 105 runners for the £3 deepstack. Winner was zxghostxz with 2nd place coming from kennybad

Well done all, and after yet another final table, phil has now taken the lead in the league even though he has played 1 less games than the other top runners... Needless to say, he is currently winning on average, with the league running by average after Sundays game (minimum of 3 games played) so get those games in. <td class="xl64" style="border-bottom:#ece9d8;border-left:#ece9d8;background-color:transparent;font-family:Calibri;color:black;font-size:11pt;border-top:#c0504d 0.5pt solid;font-weight:700;border-right:#ece9d8;text-decoration:none;tex
POSITIONPLAYERPOINTSGAMES PLAYED
1stPHIL12UK3164
2ndFLASHFLUSH3115
3rdCORBETT043035
4thMADMOO3025
5thGREGHOGG2964
6thCHOPS772734
7thSOLACK2495
8thOZZIE082365
9thKIWINI4U2294
10thPILLOWMAN2233
11thZXGHOSTXZ2222
12thMERENOVICE2215
13thSHY-BOY2204
14thHUCK_NALL2174
15thTIKAY2074
16thDELTA2035
17thSOLIDSTAN12024
18thOYNUTTER1993
19thMRDICKIE1983
20thNCOLLEY1944
21stANTZ5751933
22ndJOYCE11864
23rdCARPENTER1782
24thDRAIG1784
25thBADBOY9851722
26thMMMCHIPS1602
27thJAMO11582
28thDTWBANDIT1573
29thMICKYBLUE1553
30thROBBO671522
31stVALIS1523
32ndMAZERAIDER1503
33rdBANDICOOT1433
34thTALLBOY1413
35thANNIE_DUKE1332
36thBARSTOOL221322
37thSOLARCARRO1273
38thSCRUMDOWN1253
39thLETTICEK1212
40thLIZZARD711212
41stSIMALLY1194
42ndATOMANT551185
43rdREEVY991124
44thKENNYBAD1091
45thBUDGIRL1073
47thRIVERKK71061
46th2471062
48thXAVI661051
50thBARTONBR121041
49thMR_MBRO1043
51stMCRATMAN

Comments

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Hi Charles,

Thanks very much for taking the time to update this every day, it is much appreciated.

Phil is top on average and deservedly so. Last nights was another corker, and with 16 left, i was sitting pretty with 10x BB. I was on Phil's left, and he shoved before me in early position and i had him covered (just)

I thought ho hum, lets GO GO GO, looking down at my JJ.  Phil had AK, as i had suspected, and he won this crucial race. Next time it may be a different story, but my thinking was knock Phil out and i go top!

As this league heats up with more players in the mix and chopping and changing of positions it will be exciting and there will be more decisions based on laddering against players who a threat to your league position, or who you are chasing. This will be especially exciting near the end!

Hope everyone is enjoying this, i certainly am:)

Thanks again

Greg
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Really enjoyed the game last  night(except for the 'blip' on the bubble).  Standard was good and as usual the chat was excellent.  Good to have a large numbered tourney.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Orfordable league RD 5 Standings:
    Hi Charles, Thanks very much for taking the time to update this every day, it is appreciated.  Hope everyone is enjoying this, i certainly am:) Thanks again Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    My sentiments as well.
    It might be an idea just to publish the top 100 or so, because that list is going to get bigger and bigger!
    Well done though.
  • PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2009
    hi flash , im another one who is gratefull for the effort you put in . and i agree with greg ,this new league is fun. like to add ,that the behaviour of  the players on the tables has overall been excellent.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Charlie for doing this. Everyone appreciates it. Hopefully next time I won't be moved so you can make that bluff on me ;)

Once the Avg starts kicking in on Sunday I assume you are only going to show those in the table that have 3 games minimum. As Huck' said above, then move to publishing top 100.(if ppl outside of this want to know their positions, they can just ask you on the private PM coming next week?)
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    Thanks Charlie for doing this. Everyone appreciates it. Hopefully next time I won't be moved so you can make that bluff on me ;) Once the Avg starts kicking in on Sunday I assume you are only going to show those in the table that have 3 games minimum. As Huck' said above, then move to publishing top 100.(if ppl outside of this want to know their positions, they can just ask you on the private PM coming next week?)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Exactly what i was going to say to you mr Huck ... I know otherwise im going to get ppl forever saying.. how many points did i get for this round etc etc... so if i just keep it running total (the last 1 will be tonight) then when i post Sundays results (which might not be till Monday evening as im out and then obviously as work) it will be on average with minimum 3 games played, where atm there is only looking to be around 50 players who qualify.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    WOOHOO! 

226th! Room for improvement me thinks ;-)

Brilliant job, Charlie. Thanks for your efforts.

edited August 2009
    Just a point Charles - I'm not sure how you are planning the average - BUT - if the better players only played the low buy in events where there are more runners, they are bound to get a higher average.
    I wouldn't want the higher buy ins to suffer as a result of the league.
    edited August 2009
    That is the only problem with the league!! I will be purely dividing the points by games played... If you have a suggestion then that would be great because this is the bit im stumped on... Im hoping as the league progresses more players will move up so we can have a level field in all buyins, lets see waht tonight produces, as last nights £3 buyin had 105 and the last £11 only had 39 :(... ne suggestions please speak up
    edited August 2009
    That is the only problem with the league!! I will be purely dividing the points by games played... If you have a suggestion then that would be great because this is the bit im stumped on... Im hoping as the league progresses more players will move up so we can have a level field in all buyins, lets see waht tonight produces, as last nights £3 buyin had 105 and the last £11 only had 39 :(... ne suggestions please speak up
    Posted by FlashFlush
     I'll think about it Charles.
    edited August 2009

As it is only a bit of fun, it is probably better not to overcomplicate everything.

However, if there had been money at stake, then the only fair way would be to have separate leagues based on buy in.
    If you get time, it might be worth just conducting a one off experiment just to see how much this affects the league standings.
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2009
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Would it work if you only awarded points to say the top 40 or 50 players in each game?

I forgot to add my thanks for running this league.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Orfordable league RD 5 Standings : Would it work if you only awarded points to say the top 40 or 50 players in each game? I forgot to add my thanks for running this league.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Good idea Kiwi and simple!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Orfordable league RD 5 Standings : Would it work if you only awarded points to say the top 40 or 50 players in each game? I forgot to add my thanks for running this league.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Could be a good shout... makes it easier for people in the bigger buyins though, then the players that can only afford the £3 buyins have to beat up to 60 players just to get in the points
  • tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2009
    Flash whatever is decided its just a bit of fun. The league is a great idea, thought i might have moved up a little higher after my 3rd place finish last night in the £22 deepstack. Keep up the good work and well played last night.
    Also well done to Huck_nall nice catch with the K3 off mate!
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Flash whatever is decided its just a bit of fun. The league is a great idea, thought i might have moved up a little higher after my 3rd place finish last night in the £22 deepstack. Keep up the good work and well played last night. Also well done to Huck_nall nice catch with the K3 off mate!
    Posted by tallboy
    It's only the 7pm deepies that count mate. No other deepstack game is counted in the points.
    edited August 2009
    Flash whatever is decided its just a bit of fun. The league is a great idea, thought i might have moved up a little higher after my 3rd place finish last night in the £22 deepstack. Keep up the good work and well played last night. Also well done to Huck_nall nice catch with the K3 off mate!
    Posted by tallboy
    Well done.... i think you only had bout 30 points for somthig b4, so you have moed up loads.... another big cash and ull be right up there :D
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Orfordable league RD 5 Standings : Well done.... i think you only had bout 30 points for somthig b4, so you have moed up loads.... another big cash and ull be right up there :D
    Posted by FlashFlush
    sorry didnt notice u said £22 deep... yes only 7pm trnys
  • tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2009
    Thats typical of me i never listen cheers lads!!
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    i think u just need to stick to the averages no need to over-complicate things for a bit of fun  lol