You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A bad day at the Office.....

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
edited August 2009 in Community Help & Advice

Guys, as you know, there have been some software issues this evening.

I have no Authority here, & I don't know what caused the problem, or what the answers to all your - mostly reasonable - questions are.

What I can say is that I have informed all the Suits, by e-Mail, of tonight's problems, & they will take whatever meaures are appropriate to sort it all out.

On behalf of Sky Poker, because I exist on both sides of the fence here - player & sort of employee - I'm really sorry about all this.

If I could answer your questions, even though I don't have the authority, I would. But I can't, as I don't know the answers. So I won't be writing replies to each of you at this time, as I usually would.

The Suits will be on the Forum in due course to explain what the score is.

For now, all the comments are noted, & there's not much more that can be done until the morning.

Please bear with Sky Poker in the meantime. They won't be running away any time soon.

There are also one or two who are getting badly out of line. That won't help anyone, & it might be best if you log off & cool it for now.

I'll be Online tomorrow, & if I have any info on tonight's problems by then, whether or not the Sky Suits have been on the Forum, I'll let you know right away.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009

Sky-Des is now on Forum, please bear with him while he sifts through all the stuff. It may take him a while!
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited August 2009
    I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble that some of you have had this evening through the site crash.  Sky Poker will be urgently investigating what has gone wrong and once the facts have been established, we will feedback to you all.  It will require a discussion with our technical partner, so it will almost certainly be early next week before we can come back.  In the meantime on behalf of us all here at Sky Poker, I do apologise unreservedly.

Des.
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited August 2009
    We all know it wasn't skys intentsion for this to happen but i'm thinking we would like to know why this happend so please check it out and let us know.

I'm more loyal than most to this site and it managed to annoy me alot tonight that it went down at crucial points in alot of tournies esp the BH [ which i was still in ] but if the site didnt crash obviously everything would have changed stack wise etc.

Waiting to hear back
  • Options
    annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    it happens too often and needs sorting if skypoker is to develop as it wishes
    it has many many loyal customers but whilst the software is unreliable,  so is the site.......
  • Options
    1realdeal1realdeal Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2009
    the softwere is corupt to many bad beats players calling all ins with9 4 of and winning
  • Options
    mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I can remember three other occasions when the same thing has happened in the last 3 months or so.
  • Options
    SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: A bad day at the Office.....:
    I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble that some of you have had this evening through the site crash.  Sky Poker will be urgently investigating what has gone wrong and once the facts have been established, we will feedback to you all.  It will require a discussion with our technical partner, so it will almost certainly be early next week before we can come back.  In the meantime on behalf of us all here at Sky Poker, I do apologise unreservedly. Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thanks for acknologing the problems Tikay and Des. Look forward to hear the outcome, shark:)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    you are a rite moner like me annie ma duke
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    when you first deposit money you win (well they let you )then you lose slowly to make you look not bad  so you re load
  • Options
    annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    like i said b4 it isn't for tikay to apologise, he does more than enough as it is....
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Phew, that was a bit of a fire!

Ok, thanks to everyone for your patience & understanding. It will all get sorted out.

I'm down to London in the morning, in readiness for Saturday Night's Show with Rich Orford, so I'll be Online when I get there, from around Midday, & will answer, as best I can, any further questions arising.

As far as I can tell - & I've just come off the 'phone to Sky-Des - the issue that caused the problem has now been resolved. So it's just a case of sorting out the mess left behind.

Then, we will move on, & together, we can get back to having fun here.

Night all.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've received an email that suggests there was an EasyNet outage in Guernsey that has caused the Sky Poker site to crash for approximately 10 minutes this evening.  Investigations are continuing and I will tell you more as I have it.

Thanks,

Des.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    I know these things happen, but it happens on other sites from time to time as well.

What i do like is,   here at least you get immediate feedback from people like Des and TK even though they at the moment are in the dark over any crash... ..
    This site for me gets 10/10 for customer care ..

Patience is a virtue peeps !!

benny
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    Just a suggestion, could the £15K B/H be retarted from the point of the crash?
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Sorry, I would think that's very unlikely technically, as the tournament did run to completion.  So effectively it doesn't exist at the point of crash any more.

• Options
    sophiesmumsophiesmum Member Posts: 259
    edited August 2009
    Do you think that all players who were still in the Bounty Hunter and other competitions but failed to hit the payout bubble could have their starting fee refunded?  It might cost Sky a lot of money, but would gain the respect of their loyal customers in the long-term. Even in Sit-and-Goes, it was very unfair on players who did not get back online before their game completed.

I do feel that players will explore other poker sites if this sort of technical breakdown continues to occur so a little (in relation to Sky's overall budget) financial loss now, would pay dividends longterm.

Janice
  • Options
    pkdabear11pkdabear11 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    Sky wouldn't lose money!! We already paid the buy-in plus the fee/rake so Sky still get to keep that. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    pokrman20pokrman20 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2009
    This site was recommended by a freind and I have enjoyed playing here until last night when it crashed just as I was on a roll and doing well, I realise this might happen from time to time but what I can say is that I played poker at bet365 for six months and had no problems at all.
                                    ps: I enjoy skybets forum and will continue to support it but please sort this out.
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited August 2009
    Looking forward to the feedback, still slightly dissappointed because I was the last one that came back on my table in the BH and felt I had a chance of going higher.

I still enjoy playing at sky poker and will continue to play here, its just disappointing when its happened during one of sky pokers biggest tournaments of the month.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    To be honest, I think the warning signs were there as many of us had experienced being disconnected and booted off tables earlier in the day (see thread already up and running before last night). However, I do feel very bad for the players who had their tournaments affected. It's not simply a case of refunding their money as some were poised to 'go deep' and cash big.  Unfortunately, sky are in a catch 22 situation as the clock can't be turned back and the games continued. For what it's worth, my big feeling coming out of this is that Sky need to in some way be able to pause all games if it happens again.