You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A bad day at the Office.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited August 2009
    Very frustrating for the players involved, but it's got to be a massive nightmare for Sky when it's probably out of their control (Easynet). Pausing games etc when there's an internet based problem  .. <thinking> .. real tough one!
    I imagine the I.T guys were feeling it a bit yesterday!

• Options
    pokrman20pokrman20 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2009
    Just had another bad experience with the 14:00 hrs freeroll, dealing delays, and my hand being mucked automatically, I am a new member of one week and this doesn't bode well.
                                                                                  Whats going on?
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: A bad day at the Office.....:
    To be honest, I think the warning signs were there as many of us had experienced being disconnected and booted off tables earlier in the day (see thread already up and running before last night). However, I do feel very bad for the players who had their tournaments affected. It's not simply a case of refunding their money as some were poised to 'go deep' and cash big.  Unfortunately, sky are in a catch 22 situation as the clock can't be turned back and the games continued. For what it's worth, my big feeling coming out of this is that Sky need to in some way be able to pause all games if it happens again.
    Posted by phil12uk
    I am sure that I recall one evening playing the Open when all tables were paused for a while and the presenters made an announcement.
    Of course, it may have been a different technical issue.
  • Options
    MRDICKIEMRDICKIE Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2009
    Sorry this happened guys. 
    I feel though that Sky will be doing all they can to stop this happening in the future, after all it makes no businesss sense whatsoever to start upsetting your customers.
    On a plus side I thought it was my pc with a problem so I went to bed. Ended up folding into the money in the deepstack :-).
  • Options
    pokrman20pokrman20 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2009
    Yet another mess at the £1250 bountyhunter tonight I'm 20 seconds behind anyone else at the table another £11 quid thrown away I'm very very disapointed with skypoker how can I concentrate on the game when my hands are being mucked before I can act on them, I think I will give this site a miss pity as I quite liked playing here.