You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

15 MINS......Past The Hour.!!

bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
      Satellite's into the '2k gtd' Deep-stack

The best value satellite's for Sundays event 
     every   15 min's past the hour !! 

Be there  Tonight    7 00     '\o/'     
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009

Also ..  'Sit n Go'   6 and 10 seater's

For the main event tonight at 7 00

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    Everyone who can afford the sat fees should give this a go.

The format is the same as the deepies that have been running all week for the 'FlashFlush' league so for those of you who have been playing those tournies and gaining the experience, who haven't got the BR for a 100£ tournie, try and sat in to take down some big cash :)
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

Thanks benny.

There is a 6 Seater SNG for tonight's Deepstack Showdown, & the SNG costs £22 to enter.

There are 4 players Reg'd already, so hopefully this one will be up & running soon.

Reg's thus far are.....

bennydip2

fitzer14

mickjenn1

tikay1

Just 2 more needed, & we are off & running.
    edited August 2009

Make that FIVE! GREGHOGG has Reg'd now, so just one more needed.
    edited August 2009
    LOL Phil12UK has been sitting in these all week, and hasn't had one run yet.

Hope he makes it in time!
    edited August 2009

We are up & running, "bunnydas" has joined us. Happy Days.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Wow, what a great game and well done Benny who got the seat, and TK who got another go for free. I made a questionable call with KQ fourhanded, but with one seat up for grabs and blinds steep sometimes a gamble is necessary!
    Also very ul Mickjenn1 who took a couple of bad ones...

Good luck later Benny!
    edited August 2009
    well done Benny, i hope you are NOT seated at my table haha.
    edited August 2009
     Thanks Gregg,   nah  you made the right call with the situation as it was with Blinds.
    You were unlucky to run into a duped Q as well .. 

Was a great little game though respect to all who played good players and good banter !! 
    If Mickjenn could have chatted  when my Q2 took the pot from his AQ

he would have said..  )^$%#(%*)*%^(  '''  micky  language  please   :))

Thanks  scotty  greg  TK     and .. "lets get ready to rumble"

These satellite's are the way to go...   " If your not in it , ya cant win it !!  glk all

benny
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 15 MINS......Past The Hour.!!:
     Thanks Gregg,   nah  you made the right call with the situation as it was with Blinds.

Thanks for that m8, ive been mulling it over because i usually wouldn't call! You know me, im a member of tikays get your money in first club:)
    edited August 2009
    KQ 4 handed, you are only behind to AA/AK/AQ/KK/QQ.

Depending on the chips int he pot already/how big stack benny was it makes his pushing range so wide that KQ is just too massive to fold when blinds are big.
    edited August 2009
    KQ 4 handed, you are only behind to AA/AK/AQ/KK/QQ. Depending on the chips int he pot already/how big stack benny was it makes his pushing range so wide that KQ is just too massive to fold when blinds are big.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi scotty here is the hand what do you reckon? all other comments welcome. 12000 chips in play, 4 left
    bennydip2 Small blind  150.00 150.00 4267.50
    tikay1 Big blind  300.00 450.00 1655.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

mickjenn1 Fold     
    GREGHOGG Raise  900.00 1350.00 2310.00
    bennydip2 All-in  4267.50 5617.50 0.00
    tikay1 Fold     
    GREGHOGG All-in  2310.00 7927.50 0.00
    Flop

Turn

• J

River

bennydip2 Show
    • Q
    • A

GREGHOGG Muck
    • K
    • Q

bennydip2 Win Ace high 7927.50  7927.50
    edited August 2009
      Greg          West Ham 1 - 1 Spurs ... tense nervous headache !!
  • zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited August 2009
    Wow, what a great game and well done Benny who got the seat, and TK who got another go for free. I made a questionable call with KQ fourhanded, but with one seat up for grabs and blinds steep sometimes a gamble is necessary! Also very ul Mickjenn1 who took a couple of bad ones... Good luck later Benny!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    IYYA GREG...  It was  maby a bit strong to write  ..shokin call... in the box at the time  mate. so soz for  that. wat is was i think is i hate  q k  loli think its a dodgy hand to play..especialy wen sum 1 cumes over the top of you like that ..im  just anti q.k.  hate the hand.....  lolol ..   good luck in the future mate...
    edited August 2009
    4 left - if you pass you have 1400 chips @ 150/300. 

If you pass your stack is so small AND Benny is the table big stack plus he has position on you so can easily call you super wide so effectively your stack is gonna be flipping anyway (bar the odd monster hand which we all know is rare in NLHE).

With the chips in the pot you are only behind to those 5 hands that I posted above, very very unlucky that you ran into them as tonnes of times you'll be up against Ax/underpairs/possibly even Kx/Qxsuited.

Once you make the standard raise PF then you are commited to the hand.

If I was you I would be pushing PF tbf, as once you raise you have to call even if you have 72.

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 15 MINS......Past The Hour.!! : IYYA GREG...  It was  maby a bit strong to write  ..shokin call... in the box at the time  mate. so soz for  that. wat is was i think is i hate  q k  loli think its a dodgy hand to play..especialy wen sum 1 cumes over the top of you like that ..im  just anti q.k.  hate the hand.....  lolol ..   good luck in the future mate...
    Posted by zxghostxz
    No problems M8, i hate KQ for the same reasons that you do! and i can assure you that it is a very rare event that i call my tournie with it, hence this discussion. I was thinking about the wider picture (i.e one seat up for grabs and benny's reshoving range) Thanks for posting, gl to you too. I can see you have done well in deepstaks and you are obviously a good player so hope to see you around.

Greg
    edited August 2009
    4 left - if you pass you have 1400 chips @ 150/300.  If you pass your stack is so small AND Benny is the table big stack plus he has position on you so can easily call you super wide so effectively your stack is gonna be flipping anyway (bar the odd monster hand which we all know is rare in NLHE). With the chips in the pot you are only behind to those 5 hands that I posted above, very very unlucky that you ran into them as tonnes of times you'll be up against Ax/underpairs/possibly even Kx/Qxsuited. Once you make the standard raise PF then you are commited to the hand. If I was you I would be pushing PF tbf, as once you raise you have to call even if you have 72.
    Posted by scotty77
    Good Point! i thought i had more chips than i had lol, actually it was tk's bb i was after because if he reshoved i had to call him because he was pot committed. Benny just happened to wake up with AQ in the SB, so your right i created my own problem by not shoving pre flop.
    edited August 2009
    I dunno actually I can't read those HHs good I can't make out whether you had 2310 total including your PF raise or 2310 after your PF raise.

That may change it slightly, but I think the most important thing here is that theres 1 seat up for grabs and 2nd gets the entry fee back....you entered the tournie to go for the seat, and you went in with that mentality....
    edited August 2009
    All games  of poker  are  based on decisions and timing.

with your hand , stack and position on the table (button)

Don't forget we are now down to  4  players, so the hand range is bigger

you treble the BB with KO.. (900) (right move)  ?  Of course,

The only problem is when i re-raise to set you all in , your pot committed for the rest  !! (2310)

Don't forget this was a Satellite not the main event,

Sometimes, you have to go with your feelings and/or gamble.

If you had won you that pot you would have probably won the Sit n go satellite..!!

As  i said,, poker is all about Decisions and Timing.!!

Don't spend to much time looking back  !!!  your a very good player, who just ran into a big hand !!

glk mate .  benny
  • zxghostxzzxghostxz Member Posts: 482
    edited August 2009
    I dunno actually I can't read those HHs good I can't make out whether you had 2310 total including your PF raise or 2310 after your PF raise. That may change it slightly, but I think the most important thing here is that theres 1 seat up for grabs and 2nd gets the entry fee back....you entered the tournie to go for the seat, and you went in with that mentality....
    Posted by scotty77
    you statin to see wat i mean....2300 left if he folded   ... 300  150 blinds ..   i also see wat u mean wen u  pot commited... but given the fact the he raised 900  befor the flop  and then the player went all in . ..  ib be lookin at my stack and think iv still got enough. if i folded  ... id also be thinkin  the odds are es got  ak  qa  lol  at best  hes got a rag  or small pok pair.. and even then id be slight under dog  the bigger facter to me is theres a very big chance im a monster under dog..   got 2300  still in it  ..id have to fold.....possibly  id call if i ad less than  say 1600   1700..  left