You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Hi all

RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone.

I watch the show with out fail everynight love the analysts and presenters apart form Ed ( Sorry Ed ).

Am now in a position to be able to play regularly on the site and look forward to doing so i only play for fun and entertainment and the sky community, judging by the show is excellent.

Any advice for a new player?

Comments

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Hi all:
    Hi Everyone. I watch the show with out fail everynight love the analysts and presenters apart form Ed ( Sorry Ed ). Am now in a position to be able to play regularly on the site and look forward to doing so i only play for fun and entertainment and the sky community, judging by the show is excellent. Any advice for a new player?
    Posted by TITNFANNY
    Im sure you have picked up tips watching the show and havea grasp of how poker works. The key is BANKROLL MANAGMENT! Dont know how much you have put on but you should not play with more than 5-10% of your bankroll in one tournament. If you have put on £20 then the MAXIMUM you should play is a £2 tournament, through this hopefully you will win and boost your BR up, but will also gain experience through those tournaments.

Good Luck

p.s not sure how long your name will stay before you have to change it LOL
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all:
    In Response to Hi all : Im sure you have picked up tips watching the show and havea grasp of how poker works. The key is BANKROLL MANAGMENT! Dont know how much you have put on but you should not play with more than 5-10% of your bankroll in one tournament. If you have put on £20 then the MAXIMUM you should play is a £2 tournament, through this hopefully you will win and boost your BR up, but will also gain experience through those tournaments.  Good Luck p.s not sure how long your name will stay before you have to change it LOL
    Posted by FlashFlush

Been wanting to change my nick ever since i drunkenly created it!!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Hi all : Im sure you have picked up tips watching the show and havea grasp of how poker works. The key is BANKROLL MANAGMENT! Dont know how much you have put on but you should not play with more than 5-10% of your bankroll in one tournament. If you have put on £20 then the MAXIMUM you should play is a £2 tournament, through this hopefully you will win and boost your BR up, but will also gain experience through those tournaments.  Good Luck p.s not sure how long your name will stay before you have to change it LOL
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not long.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    hiya awwwww Ed's cool!

stick withing your BR, try to be disciplined at the tables and if you ever feel like tilting then take a break.

also keep posting on these forums as there are lots of people on here who have valuable advice, and its quite fun too!

do you play cash/tournies or sit and go?

good luck!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Been wanting to change my nick ever since i drunkenly created it!!
    Posted by TITNFANNY
    I would suggest - strongly - that you contact Customer Support right now & ask them to change it, before they take such action as they feel appropriate.

I gather they have had numerous complaints already.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : I would suggest - strongly - that you contact Customer Support right now & ask them to change it, before they take such action as they feel appropriate. I gather they have had numerous complaints already.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This.  A mate of mine had a name that CS deemed innappropriate after he played on the Open (it actually wasn't they were being silly IMO) but anyway next time he logged in it was the lamest name ever!

Get one that you actually want rather than something like poker_boy cos thats what they'll give you!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Not long.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay love your presenting and daring jackets.

Tell me how to change it and i will.
  • SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009

LOL

They made me change mine after 2 months when I cashed in the open!! it was bumstench! not as bad as yours but created under the same circumstances. Give customer services a ring!!

As flash says stick to what you can afford and play mostly tight but throw in a few curve balls every now and then to keep area 51 going ;-)

Buy a few books (recommend Phil Gordon or Dan Harrington) and most importantly; listen to TK he is a LEGEND!

To TIKAY, how about you writing a book?

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : I would suggest - strongly - that you contact Customer Support right now & ask them to change it, before they take such action as they feel appropriate. I gather they have had numerous complaints already.
    Posted by Tikay10

Numerous complaints?

Blimey i've only just posted.
    edited August 2009
    Bumstench lollllllll how can they deem that as offensive
    edited August 2009
    hiya awwwww Ed's cool! stick withing your BR, try to be disciplined at the tables and if you ever feel like tilting then take a break. also keep posting on these forums as there are lots of people on here who have valuable advice, and its quite fun too! do you play cash/tournies or sit and go? good luck!
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Scotty

I generally play sit n go's and tournies with a bit of cash thrown in.
    edited August 2009
    Bumstench lollllllll how can they deem that as offensive
    Posted by scotty77

lol

I actually used my name because thats what my 2 labradors are called but in the cold light of sobriety perhaps not a good idea.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Hi Tikay love your presenting and daring jackets. Tell me how to change it and i will.
    Posted by TITNFANNY
    Thank you. My Jackets are demed offensive by some. ;)

Just ring Customer Support - 0800 725 185 - & ask them to change it.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Numerous complaints? Blimey i've only just posted.
    Posted by TITNFANNY
    Yup, numerous complaints. Folks are strange, eh?
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all :  lol I actually used my name because thats what my 2 labradors are called but in the cold light of sobriety perhaps not a good idea.
    Posted by TITNFANNY
    haha you must get some funny looks when walking them in the park
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : haha you must get some funny looks when walking them in the park
    Posted by scotty77

One  or two
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : One  or two
    Posted by KELDEL
    Nice name Sir!
    edited August 2009
    Name now changed - thanks cs phew!

Now onto business of making friends and having fun.

• SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Hi and welcome, and Good Luck!

I don't understand, whats wrong with KELDEL?

Here's an interesting why to get to know the name that hides a player, and please add yours to this list.

Whats your poker name and why?
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Nice name Sir!
    Posted by Tikay10

or not!

thanks for advice got onto cs and they changed it to something i wanted.

First impressions of sky poker - very good.