You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Hi all

Comments

• SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Agh, ya change your name, whilst I posted the above post!
    I look stupid now!
    I still dont know what was wrong tho.
    Dont forget, tell us your poker name and why you choose it.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all:
    Hi and welcome, and Good Luck! I don't understand, whats wrong with KELDEL? Here's an interesting why to get to know the name that hides a player, and please add yours to this list. Whats your poker name and why?
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Nothing is wrong with KELDEL - it was the original name that was not appropriate. CS "forcibly" changed it, as it was non-compliant & had received a lot of complaints - to KELDEL - & then the Member requested it be changed to RickyVillla.

Everything's cool, & now, as Ricky suggests, he can enjoy himself here & play some poker.

Nothing to see here......
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : or not! thanks for advice got onto cs and they changed it to something i wanted. First impressions of sky poker - very good.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Welcome!

We have a nice varied range of Tourneys here - what do you prefer - fast-paced, medium, or slow, structures?

When you answer that, we'll steer you towards some Tourneys which I hope will suit you.
  • RickyVillaRickyVilla Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2009
    No nothing at all to see valuble lesson learned - go near a pc whilst drunk at your peril!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Welcome! We have a nice varied range of Tourneys here - what do you prefer - fast-paced, medium, or slow, structures? When you answer that, we'll steer you towards some Tourneys which I hope will suit you.
    Posted by Tikay10

Tbh i prefer the slower structures mainly when i'm kicking back chilling of an evening. Wouldn't want to play anything faster than the open to start with i don't think.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Tbh i prefer the slower structures mainly when i'm kicking back chilling of an evening. Wouldn't want to play anything faster than the open to start with i don't think.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Well if you want something nice & slow, & to just sit & chill with, here's my suggestion, but it depends on your buy-in Range.

At 7pm tonight, they have a very slow Tourney, called this week (because it's named after the previous week's winner) "McRatMan Deepstack". (Imagine it being called after your original name......!). It's £5 + £0.50 to enter, has 5,000 chips & a 12 minute clock. Tonight's will get not far short of 100 runners, & the Chat-Box heaves all night with good-natured Railers.

Alternatively, at 15 minutes past every hour, there's a Deepstack, same structure, these are usually £2 + £0.20 up to £5 + £0.50. The 8.15 renewasl gets 30 or 40 runners I think.

Or, at 7.30pm every night, there's a £20 + £2 Deepstack (same structure), which is £400 guaranteed, & generally attracts about 30 to 40 runners.

I'll be playing most of these tonight, as I'm on PTP Duty. (Last minute change)
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Well if you want something nice & slow, & to just sit & chill with, here's my suggestion, but it depends on your buy-in Range. At 7pm tonight, they have a very slow Tourney, called this week (because it's named after the previous week's winner) "McRatMan Deepstack". (Imagine it being called after your original name......!). It's £5 + £0.50 to enter, has 5,000 chips & a 12 minute clock. Tonight's will get not far short of 100 runners, & the Chat-Box heaves all night with good-natured Railers. Alternatively, at 15 minutes past every hour, there's a Deepstack, same structure, these are usually £2 + £0.20 up to £5 + £0.50. The 8.15 renewasl gets 30 or 40 runners I think. Or, at 7.30pm every night, there's a £20 + £2 Deepstack (same structure), which is £400 guaranteed, & generally attracts about 30 to 40 runners. I'll be playing most of these tonight, as I'm on PTP Duty. (Last minute change)
    Posted by Tikay10

Sounds perfect Tikay all very affordable except the £22 deepstack. I think i will partake in some of those as long as smoking and sucking boiled sweets is permitted!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Hi all:
    Hi Everyone. I watch the show with out fail everynight love the analysts and presenters apart form Ed ( Sorry Ed ). Am now in a position to be able to play regularly on the site and look forward to doing so i only play for fun and entertainment and the sky community, judging by the show is excellent. Any advice for a new player?
    Posted by RickyVilla
    a bit late - but a massive 'welcome onboard' to you! i hope you enjoy it the community and your poker

Rich
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Sounds perfect Tikay all very affordable except the £22 deepstack. I think i will partake in some of those as long as smoking and sucking boiled sweets is permitted!
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Spangles FTW.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : Sounds perfect Tikay all very affordable except the £22 deepstack. I think i will partake in some of those as long as smoking and sucking boiled sweets is permitted!
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Hi Ricky, well smoking is defo allowed, but as for the boiled sweets, only if you offer them round ;) welcome to Sky Poker and our little community.

Good luck on the tables

edited August 2009
    LOL They made me change mine after 2 months when I cashed in the open!! it was bumstench! not as bad as yours but created under the same circumstances. Give customer services a ring!! As flash says stick to what you can afford and play mostly tight but throw in a few curve balls every now and then to keep area 51 going ;-) Buy a few books (recommend Phil Gordon or Dan Harrington) and most importantly; listen to TK he is a LEGEND! To TIKAY, how about you writing a book?
    Posted by SpongeDoug
    My oh my, I'd love to, & it'd be fascinating, as I've led such an interesting life, you would not believe.

Trouble is, it's only me that would find it interesting. Would the Great British Public really be interested in my days of operating High Pressure Drain Jetting Machines, (no) starting up the UK's first DIY Centre, (no) fitting out supermarkets, (no)getting arrested twice in one night in Ilkeston, (no) or once in Moscow, (yes) being thrown off my Table in the WSOP for swearing (it was called "The F-Bomb Rule"!), (yes) Property maintenance, (no) maintaining a Capability Brown Lansdscaped Country House, (no) building a PFI Police Station (no), or how I lost £182,500 overnight? (yes) 

As you can see, some bits, yes, but it's the boring bits in between that are the problem.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : My oh my, I'd love to, & it'd be fascinating, as I've led such an interesting life, you would not believe. Trouble is, it's only me that would find it interesting. Would the Great British Public really be interested in my days of operating High Pressure Drain Jetting Machines, (no) starting up the UK's first DIY Centre, (no) fitting out supermarkets, (no)getting arrested twice in one night in Ilkeston, (no) or once in Moscow, (yes) being thrown off my Table in the WSOP for swearing (it was called "The F-Bomb Rule"!), (yes) Property maintenance, (no) maintaining a Capability Brown Lansdscaped Country House, (no) building a PFI Police Station (no), or how I lost £182,500 overnight? (yes)  As you can see, some bits, yes, but it's the boring bits in between that are the problem.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

What no metion of the tiling, shame on you, first uk DIY centre yes, getting arrested in Ilkeston twice in one night yes already know about the one in Moscow ;) not to mentinon about the trains, plaines, bridges and diggers.
  • SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : My oh my, I'd love to, & it'd be fascinating, as I've led such an interesting life, you would not believe. Trouble is, it's only me that would find it interesting. Would the Great British Public really be interested in my days of operating High Pressure Drain Jetting Machines, (no) starting up the UK's first DIY Centre, (no) fitting out supermarkets, (no)getting arrested twice in one night in Ilkeston, (no) or once in Moscow, (yes) being thrown off my Table in the WSOP for swearing (it was called "The F-Bomb Rule"!), (yes) Property maintenance, (no) maintaining a Capability Brown Lansdscaped Country House, (no) building a PFI Police Station (no), or how I lost £182,500 overnight? (yes)  As you can see, some bits, yes, but it's the boring bits in between that are the problem.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL

Well I for one would love to read it. If some of these so called celebs can write an autobiography at age 23 then I don't see why you at, what 72!! can't write one. You could double it up as a poker tips handbook.

After all with the new found popularity of the deepstacks we could all do with something to read between hands in the first 3 hours of play !!

GO ON TK do it you've nowt to lose!

(btw I found that bribing the Moscow police with $10 was enough to make them turn a blind eye. but that was 18 years ago)
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    the 182k overnight sounds interesting.

in fact most of your anecdotes do!
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009
    agreed
  • ZZCopZZCop Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2009
    Well RickyVila, my tip on how you can improve is to listen to Ed.

You probably dont like him because much his advice/analysis is mathematical based more than the others, but these are the things you need to know/consider if you want to become an advanced player.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Hi all : LOL Well I for one would love to read it. If some of these so called celebs can write an autobiography at age 23 then I don't see why you at, what 72!! can't write one. You could double it up as a poker tips handbook. After all with the new found popularity of the deepstacks we could all do with something to read between hands in the first 3 hours of play !! GO ON TK do it you've nowt to lose! (btw I found that bribing the Moscow police with $10 was enough to make them turn a blind eye. but that was 18 years ago)
    Posted by SpongeDoug
    I'll write a little Blog about the Moscow trip.

Bear with me.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Ed joked recently about the Moscow trip, about how personal the service was at the airport ;-) lol
  • SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    I look forward to reading it TK.

I'll be looking for the book on the shelves at Xmas!
    edited August 2009

The Blog is already half written. Just gotta tidy up some details, & put some pics in.