You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

THE HUCKNALL ALL DAY CAFE - OPEN 24/7 -Drop in for some good food and a chat about last nights table

Comments

• Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE HUCKNALL ALL DAY CAFE - OPEN 24/7 -Drop in for some good food and a chat about last nights tables.:
    I'll see you there Roy.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Will look out for you Des
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE HUCKNALL ALL DAY CAFE - OPEN 24/7 -Drop in for some good food and a chat about last nights tables.:
    Hi  Huck...hmm  Strong Tea one sugar,  cant stop, i'm running about like a lunatic just now  ... Well done last night, dont it make ya fell better a winning session... had a result myself last  night on the cash tables, which is something i very rarely play .. but i just fancied a small cash session !!    Oh well must go,  the Tea was good  tks see ya  later and may the 'poker fairy'  sit with you again tonight  !!! glk benny 
    Posted by bennydip2
    Its on the house Barry.

On a bit of run in the 7.30 - 1st / bubble / 1st and 5th last 4 nights!
    Hope it lasts!
    thx m8

Edit: Followed by another 4th last night!
    edited August 2009
    Well lost to a bad beat in Sleepstack with AA v 66 v KQ all in pf in mid division but managed another cash in the £400 deepstack in 4th place, Another reasonable night!
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2009
    Is this joint REALLY 24/7?
    I've been waiting for ages.
    Just had to resort to making a turkey tikka massala - pretty creative for 4:30am I think you'll agree.
    edited August 2009
    Is this joint REALLY 24/7? I've been waiting for ages. Just had to resort to making a turkey tikka massala - pretty creative for 4:30am I think you'll agree.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Would be normally but I thought I had better get some sleep as I am playing in the 4 day APAT festival at DTD starting today. Nice one m8.!
    edited August 2009
    Good luck
  • Chompy_imoChompy_imo Member Posts: 75
    edited August 2009
    dunn80 wants to know whether he can order a sense of humour?
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    LOL CHOMPY..HOPE UR WELL ;-)
    edited August 2009
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    Do I know him? How you doing m8?
    Our paths didnt cross in the deepstack last night!
    edited August 2009

Well morning peeps!

Played the APAT WCOAP Omaha event at DTD last night.
    Sky Des and Tikay in attendance.

Now I have to say I am not a great Omaha player, indeed I have only played it a couple of times before and I was totally out of my depth to be frank.
    It is very different having 4 cards and to give you an example of my inneptitude - blinds were 50/100 and I picked up AAJ3 under the gun and had been told not to raise too much when the blinds were small so I justed called. In total there were 6 people in the pot.
    The flop comes down AKQ which is not that great! Fearing a JT somewhere I checked and so did every one else. Turn comes down a 8s and everyone checks again.
    River comes a 3s putting 3 spades on board. Everyone round to the cut off checks again and he bets 500
    I decided to donk off 500 chips and called - I declare  a set of Aces and he mucks a set of Kings. then somebody pointed out that I actually had a flush!
    So I under declared and still won the hand.

Anway lasted 5 hours and finally went out when getting my chips in while ahead but c'est la vie. Enjoyed the game and at least I was in the top half!
    Having said that there was a no show on my table who blinded away going out 2 places before me!

Today is Day 1A on the main event so I am pleased to be back to NLHE!
    Good luck all in the deepstacks tonight.

• MRDICKIEMRDICKIE Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2009
    Gl Huck...Im with you with Omaha. Just to many cards to think about!
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    Well morning peeps! Played the APAT WCOAP Omaha event at DTD last night. Sky Des and Tikay in attendance. Now I have to say I am not a great Omaha player, indeed I have only played it a couple of times before and I was totally out of my depth to be frank. It is very different having 4 cards and to give you an example of my inneptitude - blinds were 50/100 and I picked up AAJ3 under the gun and had been told not to raise too much when the blinds were small so I justed called. In total there were 6 people in the pot. The flop comes down AKQ which is not that great! Fearing a JT somewhere I checked and so did every one else. Turn comes down a 8s and everyone checks again. River comes a 3s putting 3 spades on board. Everyone round to the cut off checks again and he bets 500 . I decided to donk off 500 chips and called - I declare  a set of Aces and he mucks a set of Kings. then somebody pointed out that I actually had a flush!So I under declared and still won the hand. Anway lasted 5 hours and finally went out when getting my chips in while ahead but c'est la vie. Enjoyed the game and at least I was in the top half! Having said that there was a no show on my table who blinded away going out 2 places before me! Today is Day 1A on the main event so I am pleased to be back to NLHE! Good luck all in the deepstacks tonight.
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    Hi Roy,

Nice effort m8, it is for precisely the highlighted reason that i dont play Omaha! Think it would hurt my brain too much!

Good luck in the holdem. Prob see you back on the sky tables next week?

Best regards

Greg

edited August 2009
    Morning boys and girls.

Well I played day 1A of the APAT WCOAP yesterday and afraid to report that I went out last last night.

It didnt start too well when myself and Vindaloo arrived 30 mins late after getting start time wrong. Knew it wasnt my day as 1st hand I picked up AQ on the button and raised the blinds. BB called and I got no help - he checked and I bet out and he called. Turn and river no help and I gave up on his river bet and he showed KQ with a K on board.

Was well above average stack with 16K chips when I picked up 99 and called a raise in front of me.
    The flop came Ac 9c 3h and I reraised the bet before me which was called. The Kc came on turn and I started to worry. He checked and I checked. a blank on river and he bet 5K which I flat called. He had AA so set over set.
    I thought I did well not to lose my whole stack but was now down to 5K chips. Managed to double through with AJ v 66 but when the blinds got to 400/800/ 50 antes I pushed with AQ and called by KK. Missed an Ace so out!

Still very enjoyable 7 hours and met Bigshann (Bruce) so nice to have a chat.

The HORSE event is tomorrow but I'll give that a miss as I cannot ride! lol
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    UL Roy.  Back you get to the deepies on here now then!

Oh can I get a bacon sarnie please?
    edited August 2009
    UL Roy.  Back you get to the deepies on here now then! Oh can I get a bacon sarnie please?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Thank you Phil.
    Yes its back to the deepstacks tonight - may be late tho so NO NICKING MY BLINDS!
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE HUCKNALL ALL DAY CAFE - OPEN 24/7 -Drop in for some good food and a chat about last nights tables. : Thank you Phil. Yes its back to the deepstacks tonight - may be late tho so NO NICKING MY BLINDS!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    Family down at the moment so no deepstacking for me until Monday at the earliest :(

Mug of tea please.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: THE HUCKNALL ALL DAY CAFE - OPEN 24/7 -Drop in for some good food and a chat about last nights tables. : Thank you Phil. Yes its back to the deepstacks tonight - may be late tho so NO NICKING MY BLINDS!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    Dont worry Roy, ill take Phil's place and get thieving innit:)
  • scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited August 2009
    got  to  remember  at  omaha  huck   nall   the  strong  hands   are    alwaysout   good  luck
    edited August 2009
    Morning all.
    Slight brag here.....
    Luck boxed my way to another win in the £400 deepstack last night.
    Apologies to all who I sucked out on.
    Roy
    edited August 2009
    Nice one.