You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why is this site....

AT_0504AT_0504 Member Posts: 39
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
banning many people from posting?

Actually, they don't ban them, just make it so their posts cannot be seen?

Comments

• Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Why is this site....:
    banning many people from posting? Actually, they don't ban them, just make it so their posts cannot be seen?
    Posted by AT_0504
    My only assumption for the moderators actions is abusive, rude or posts which give out personal information about them or other players.
    Rules are made for everyones enjoyment of this forum, without the moderators the forum would be closed completely.
    If you want an un-moderated forum, i'm sure there are other sites on the net for your tastes.
  • Supa_PhilSupa_Phil Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2009
    But they have not been abusive.

DEFINATELY not.

Simply posted in the 'area 51' section.

• AT_0504AT_0504 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site....:
    In Response to Why is this site.... : My only assumption for the moderators actions is abusive, rude or posts which give out personal information about them or other players. Rules are made for everyones enjoyment of this forum, without the moderators the forum would be closed completely. If you want an un-moderated forum, i'm sure there are other sites on the net for your tastes.
    Posted by Hale72
    But they have not been abusive.

DEFINATELY not.

Simply posted in the 'area 51' section.

edited August 2009
    I am starting to have concerns about how trustworthy this site is, going by the many issues raised on forums on the internet.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : But they have not been abusive. DEFINATELY not. Simply posted in the 'area 51' section.
    Posted by AT_0504
    Hi AT.

If anyone is unhappy with a Moderatotrs decision, they need to need to contact Customer Support.

I don't believe they discuss individual cases on the Forum, but I'm sure they will discuss it one-to-one.
    edited August 2009
    Ok.

Thanks TK.

There is something very underhand about it all.

Why can these people see the posts they have made, yet others cannot?

They have not been abusive ( eg aka Mickjenn style). Simply silenced.

You have to ask what Sky are trying to hide?
    edited August 2009
    Ok. Thanks TK. There is something very underhand about it all. Why can these people see the posts they have made, yet others cannot? They have not been abusive ( eg aka Mickjenn style). Simply silenced. You have to ask what Sky are trying to hide?
    Posted by AT_0504
    You are welcome.

I'm not sure how you deem it "underhand". If they are Chat-Bnned, I expect they will have been informed, though I don't know that for sure, as it would be a private matter between the Member & the Moderators.

All Forums need to be Moderated, for the sake of good order. In most cases they are Moderated within a set of Rules which we agree to accept when we Register as a Member.

It's actually pretty tough to get Chat-Banned, as there is usually a totting-up procedure, unless it's a very serious matter.

Best to take it up direct with Customer Support.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : You are welcome. I'm not sure how you deem it "underhand". If they are Chat-Bnned, I expect they will have been informed, though I don't know that for sure, as it would be a private matter between the Member & the Moderators. All Forums need to be Moderated, for the sake of good order. In most cases they are Moderated within a set of Rules which we agree to accept when we Register as a Member. It's actually pretty tough to get Chat-Banned, as there is usually a totting-up procedure, unless it's a very serious matter. Best to take it up direct with Customer Support.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just to clear any confusion TK- they have not been chat banned whilst playing poker. Just banned from posting in this forum ( again when I say banned, no notification is given, indeed, everything appears as per normal to the poster. However, no-one else can read their posts- they do not appear. Its a very sneaky way of banning someone ).

They have 100% not been abusive in this forum.
    edited August 2009
    Ok. Thanks TK. There is something very underhand about it all. Why can these people see the posts they have made, yet others cannot? They have not been abusive ( eg aka Mickjenn style). Simply silenced. You have to ask what Sky are trying to hide?
    Posted by AT_0504
    I think certain posts are designed to induce abuse or ridicule. Although not abusive in their own right, are banned for inciting disruption within the forum.
    I, for one, am certainly glad that sky pay for moderators on what is, effectively, a free service. Yes ultimately, the addition of a forum may hopefully increase the footfall on the site but at the moment it is something sky pay for and give us for free.
    Dont rock the boat. I love this place.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Just to clear any confusion TK- they have not been chat banned whilst playing poker. Just banned from posting in this forum. They have 100% not been abusive in this forum.
    Posted by AT_0504

Being "abusive" is not the only way to get Chat-Banned.

Neither you nor I are in a position to know whether the Member in question has Posted in a non-compliant manner - only the Mods, & the Member, would know that.

If they think it's unjust, they should discuss it with Customer Support.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : I think certain posts are designed to induce abuse or ridicule. Although not abusive in their own right, are banned for inciting disruption within the forum. I, for one, am certainly glad that sky pay for moderators on what is, effectively, a free service. Yes ultimately, the addition of a forum may hopefully increase the footfall on the site but at the moment it is something sky pay for and give us for free. Dont rock the boat. I love this place.
    Posted by Hale72
    Yes - that's Trolling, (as you know) which is the most common problem on Poker Fora. I don't know of a single Moderated Forum which permits trolling.
    edited August 2009
    in Response to Re: Why is this site....:
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Yes - that's Trolling, (as you know) which is the most common problem on Poker Fora. I don't know of a single Moderated Forum which permits trolling.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay.
    Sky could pull the plug at any time if suggestions of foul play or cersorship continue. I'm sure they have no wish to be involved in scandals in any shape. Lets just be certain about this, if a post is pulled it must be for a very sound reason.
    edited August 2009
    What is 'Area 51' then?

Surely 95% of posts in that section have to be inflammatory/ inciting disruption?

Maybe im wrong, but thats my opinion.
    edited August 2009
    Oh, and if you do not see me posting in the next week or so, you know I have been silenced ;)
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    What is 'Area 51' then? Surely 95% of posts in that section have to be inflammatory/ inciting disruption? Maybe im wrong, but thats my opinion.
    Posted by AT_0504
    I wouldn't want to hedge any bets but I think you'll find out tomorrow when this thread makes it there! ;)
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    I think this forum is a bit strict. There are so many words I have to change. I couldnt even type s.l.y the other day.  There are forums like 2+2 and pocket fives that are so huge and so much more relaxed.  The thing is, half the stuff thats banned doesnt even offend anyone.  Think sky needs to seriously relax their laws before they lose ppl
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : I wouldn't want to hedge any bets but I think you'll find out tomorrow when this thread makes it there! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    haha
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : I wouldn't want to hedge any bets but I think you'll find out tomorrow when this thread makes it there! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    got to admit, its a new one on me, according to area 51'ers not only is the poker fixed but now the forum!!

Lets hope 'i am not a machine, i am a free man!!'

Shades of Orwells '1984' anyone?
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    I think this forum is a bit strict. There are so many words I have to change. I couldnt even type s.l.y the other day.  There are forums like 2+2 and pocket fives that are so huge and so much more relaxed.  The thing is, half the stuff thats banned doesnt even offend anyone.  Think sky needs to seriously relax their laws before they lose ppl
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Sky are a much, much larger all round organisation than those poker forums tho...

I am a member of F365, which Sky bought out about a year ago.  Since then the forum on there has got a lot stricter than before as a company such as Sky had to keep its image intact.
    edited August 2009
    I agree.

Sky is way too strict.

Its boderline childish imo.