You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why is this site....

2»

Comments

• Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site....:
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Sky are a much, much larger all round organisation than those poker forums tho... I am a member of F365, which Sky bought out about a year ago.  Since then the forum on there has got a lot stricter than before as a company such as Sky had to keep its image intact.
    Posted by scotty77
    I have to agree with Scotty on this, Although strict, sky allow us to say pretty much anything that is'nt offensive, deflamatory etc. However, why have an area 51 in the first place if they are not encouraging free speech? Area 51 is a place to smile at when your down, hit by bad beats etc. If there was any truth out there do you think such an area would exist or would it be heavily moderated?
    Maybe it's a double bluff, who knows, this is poker!!! lol
    Cant say anymore, the fascists are knocking the door asking for my laptop!
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    I don't think Sky is that strict. I appreciate the fact this forum is kept a pleasant place to read and post.

I don't even think it is possible for them to allow people to post but only the poster see it.

I think what your talking about is quite simple.

Someone has posted the usual conspiracy stuff about being bad beat by some miracle cards or what not, in the general section, and a moderator has moved it to it's rightful place in Area 51 or some other section, or just deleted it if it is offensive etc.

Threads like this very one, about it all being spooky and Sky up to no good and how they are targetting someone specifically and colluding with Mulder and Scully and the FBI about how to get at YOU because your that important to them they must spend an inordinate amount of time getting at you, and you alone, and all the other similar Area51 conspiracy theorys. Because they have nothing better to do than dedicate their time to making your life on Sky an absolute minefield of paranoia so you no longer deposit your £5 a week.

Yup makes sense right?

So when you can't find this thread tomorrow, take a look in Area51 and there it shall be, and there it will stay, mostly ignored and not replied to. Which is why you come up with yet another assumption only they can see it. This is not the case. All can see it, but as we have read the same things a billion times before, they get (mostly) ignored.

And if you don't agree with what I have written, like Tikay said, take it up with customer support directly.
  • AT_0504AT_0504 Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2009
    I don't think Sky is that strict. I appreciate the fact this forum is kept a pleasant place to read and post. I don't even think it is possible for them to allow people to post but only the poster see it. I think what your talking about is quite simple. Someone has posted the usual conspiracy stuff about being bad beat by some miracle cards or what not, in the general section, and a moderator has moved it to it's rightful place in Area 51 or some other section, or just deleted it if it is offensive etc. Threads like this very one, about it all being spooky and Sky up to no good and how they are targetting someone specifically and colluding with Mulder and Scully and the FBI about how to get at YOU because your that important to them they must spend an inordinate amount of time getting at you, and you alone, and all the other similar Area51 conspiracy theorys. Because they have nothing better to do than dedicate their time to making your life on Sky an absolute minefield of paranoia so you no longer deposit your £5 a week. Yup makes sense right? So when you can't find this thread tomorrow, take a look in Area51 and there it shall be, and there it will stay, mostly ignored and not replied to. Which is why you come up with yet another assumption only they can see it. This is not the case. All can see it, but as we have read the same things a billion times before, they get (mostly) ignored. And if you don't agree with what I have written, like Tikay said, take it up with customer support directly.
    Posted by Draig
    Believe me. It is possible for Sky to allow only the poster to see their own posts.

Catagorically 100% fact mate.
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Believe me. It is possible for Sky to allow only the poster to see their own posts. Catagorically 100% fact mate.
    Posted by AT_0504
    Well, as you have said it is true, NOT ONLY TRUE BUT A 100% TRUE, and been posting here such a long time, I don't know you, never played you or met you...

I BELIEVE YOU. SEE YOU IN AREA 51 WHERE WE CAN HATCH A PLOT TO BRING THEM DOWN IN A REVOLUTION OF INTERWEBZ BROTHERHOOD.

MATE.