You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Thinks It's So Unfair.............................

xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

Makes me sick when ppl sit out on games and still win hands and sometimes still cash in!!!!

I play on ladrokes quite a bit and they dont allow this, if somebody sits out they lose there blinds and are folded out of play.

Can somebody plz tell me why sky lets this happen?????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Thinks It's So Unfair.............................:
    Makes me sick when ppl sit out on games and still win hands and sometimes still cash in!!!! I play on ladrokes quite a bit and they dont allow this, if somebody sits out they lose there blinds and are folded out of play. Can somebody plz tell me why sky lets this happen?????????????????????????????????????????
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi Fallen

A little secret that most players know :) if the person "away" is on the big blind any bet/raise makes them fold, unfortunately there are times when I have to sit out of a game, a lot of my friends on here know my situation, siiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hope this helps

• xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair.............................:
    In Response to Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : Hi Fallen A little secret that most players know :) if the person "away" is on the big blind any bet/raise makes them fold, unfortunately there are times when I have to sit out of a game, a lot of my friends on here know my situation, siiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hope this helps
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hey Barry

I understand what u mean and I do that but if other people on the table dont u end up losing ur chips which makes me even more mad...grrrrrrr.
    why does sky allow this 2 happen?

edited August 2009
    Im sure u have genuine reason but some ppl just do so they can cash.
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited August 2009

i cant see what the problem is, u should be grateful, when i play and someone goes for whatever reason and they are away i can steal their blinds lovely jubbly

edited August 2009
    In Response to Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : Hi Fallen A little secret that most players know :) if the person "away" is on the big blind any bet/raise makes them fold, unfortunately there are times when I have to sit out of a game, a lot of my friends on here know my situation, siiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hope this helps
    Posted by acebarry10
    SORRY Barry Im not mad at you so thankyou x
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    Im sure u have genuine reason but some ppl just do so they can cash.
    Posted by xFALLENx
     In poker as all prizes are very top heavy, you are only going to win in the long run going for the win not just the cash, as a minimum cash is normally only double your buyin... if they dont want to go for the win then thats 1 less person to beat on your way to win the main prize :D
    edited August 2009
    i cant see what the problem is, u should be grateful, when i play and someone goes for whatever reason and they are away i can steal their blinds lovely jubbly
    Posted by loonytoons
    What my problem is...... not everybody does it, so u cant steal blinds... if it was that easy id do that!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2009

Just posted a similar comment on another thread. I see players on the cash bubble fighting over pots when there is a player 'away'. Absolute madness... I will fold ANY cards in a DYM from the big blind  (on the cash bubble) if i get a flat caller because i dont ever want to risk a guaranteed cash because i'm fighting over a pot.
    Do these people not have eyes in their head. You cant literally spell it out in the chat box because you dont want to be accused of collusion and the numptys have to have the pot odds page open to know what the percentage is of them hitting their straight is so they dont have the chat box open anyway.
    I have no problems with players being away early doors, why get into a battle at 10/20 blinds? I think however, you should never be away but still watching as you may just miss those pocket aces........

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : What my problem is...... not everybody does it, so u cant steal blinds... if it was that easy id do that!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Never worry about stealing an aways blind untill there is only 4 left. If you are lucky enough to sit next to the 'away' and there is no action before you, by all means steal it then. There is never any need for an away to win a hand although i have seen it many times. They are in the big blind, gets one caller and then checked down! I'l say it again..... ABSOLUTE MADNESS... 
    Dont call loosely because you think someone else is trying to steal the aways blinds. Just wait till there is only 4 and enjoy your cash! I have lost many pots trying to protect my blind and the aways.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : Never worry about stealing an aways blind untill there is only 4 left. If you are lucky enough to sit next to the 'away' and there is no action before you, by all means steal it then. Dont call loosely because you think someone else is trying to steal the aways blinds. Just wait till there is only 4 and enjoy your cash! I have lost many pots trying to protect my blind and the aways.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thankyou Hale72 x
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : Thankyou hale72 x
    Posted by xFALLENx
    One other little titbit of advice, NEVER put more than minimum raise in, i have seen players showing off and going all in to steal the aways blind then bingo... they click 'i'm back' and call with pocket aces.... This is not nice and slightly abusive of the away button.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : SORRY Barry Im not mad at you so thankyou x
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi Lisa, hey its not a problem
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : One other little titbit of advice, NEVER put more than minimum raise in, i have seen players showing off and going all in to steal the aways blind then bingo... they click 'i'm back' and call with pocket aces.... This is not nice and slightly abusive of the away button.
    Posted by Hale72
    I do understand and ty but its still so wrong if ppl sit out for more then a few hands sky should take them out of game (as in they cant win).

ITS WRONG AND SOME PPL ABUSE
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : I do understand and ty but its still so wrong if ppl sit out for more then a few hands sky should take me out of game (as in they cant win). ITS WRONG AND SOME PPL ABUSE
    Posted by xFALLENx
    I do agree, unfortunately, it's just another 'challenge' put into the paths of genuine players. I try to look at it like this.
    In a DYM where the top 3 get paid, you now only need to beat 2 other players to cash, therefore your odds of cashing go up from 50% to 60%. I'd play in any double your money if 3 out of 5 pay. Long term you cant really lose.
    If also they chose to stay away until there are only 4 left, (seen this done regularly) then they are fighting an uphill battle as very often are too low to make an impression.
    edited August 2009
    Long term, its just really best to ignore the aways, stick to your own game and dont let them rattle you..
    It used to really wind me up too until i started looking at the bigger picture.
  • Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : I do understand and ty but its still so wrong if ppl sit out for more then a few hands sky should take them out of game (as in they cant win). ITS WRONG AND SOME PPL ABUSE
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Hi lisa, sky cant take a player out just because they are "away". Many a time my poor broadband providers disconncect me and it seems to take 4 ever to get back on to the tb. If i was then chucked out of my game which i had paid 4 i would not be 2 plzed 2 say the least.

Some ppl do abuse the "away" button but imo this is very rare, and like other ppl have said just take there blinds.
    Ozzie
    edited August 2009
    why should sky take them out of the game??? they have paid their money, how u know they not having problems with the computer or they had to go for 10 mins i would be well peed off if i was away for any reason after paying my own money and was thrown out. i believe and correct me if im wrong even in the WSOP players can leave the table and their blinds are automatically posted
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinks It's So Unfair............................. : I do understand and ty but its still so wrong if ppl sit out for more then a few hands sky should take them out of game (as in they cant win). ITS WRONG AND SOME PPL ABUSE
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Thats a bit harsh, i understand your anger at deliberate aways but i think its true to say we all have had tables that havent loaded, you have to log out and then log in again then reload the table. Sometimes 10 minutes have gone by at this point.

Look at the timer bar, if it goes down quickly in red there is a technical fault with the player, if it goes down quickly in green then they have chosen to be away.  
    edited August 2009
    why should sky take them out of the game??? they have paid their money, how u know they not having problems with the computer or they had to go for 10 mins i would be well peed off if i was away for any reason after paying my own money and was thrown out. i believe and correct me if im wrong even in the WSOP players can leave the table and their blinds are automatically posted
    Posted by loonytoons
    GRRRRR yes i do understand loony but if there sitting out they should NOT be able 2 win.....thats what im saying.....not kick them out completely but why should they pocket chips 4 doing nothing?????????????
    edited August 2009
    but they wont pocket chips unless everyone folds and that would be silly. what u want is for them 2 be sitting to your left so u can raise on the small blind, also i find if u r in a 3 handed situation dont go limping to the river